PDA

View Full Version : K-Ville blogging

dukebsbll14
01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
DBR! Here's a little shameless promotion.

I stumbled across a blog from a few years ago(on this site actually) written by some of the members of tent 1 and I decided, "I'm gonna try this!"

I have started a tumblr for our tent that will include pictures, blogs or other posts from members in our tent, member bios and anything else that happens in K-Ville that we feel like sharing during this tenting season. We'll try and put a couple blog posts out every week and a lot of smaller posts that might just be a few sentences long describing what's going on in K-Ville that we think is cool. Kind of like a mix between twitter and a real blog. That's probably the best way to put it.

I would love for the people of the DBR community and anyone else interested to check it out and get an awesome inside look at tenting! I'm guessing CrazieTalk and other people are gonna try and do this, but I think it would be neat to get different viewpoints from different people....and I think it would be fun to keep up with ha!

Our site is called "K-Ville As Tent 1" and the URL is:
http://kvilleastentone.tumblr.com/

If you go there now, don't be disappointed cause there's no posts. Just started this literally 30 minutes ago. Expect a first post tomorrow as we set up our tent!

Side note: anyone know any Duke-related tumblr blogs out there to follow?

dukeluv
01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Will enjoy seeing your posts and photos of all the fun you have. Maybe you can do a thesis!

terrih
01-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Cool. Looking forward to following you all!

Bob Green
01-07-2011, 10:00 PM
DBR!
I have started a tumblr for our tent...

Okay, please indulge my advanced age and social media idiocy by explaining what the hell is a tumblr. I'm guessing it is something more than a misspelled word.

Bluedog
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Okay, please indulge my advanced age and social media idiocy by explaining what the hell is a tumblr. I'm guessing it is something more than a misspelled word.

No worries Bob. It's just a microblogging platform. Much like blogger or wordpress except it's supposed to be more short-form blogging (almost a la twitter, but not that short) and more socially interactive, I guess. But, it's still just a blogging site like any other.

dukebsbll14
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Tumblr is a blogging platform where you can post blogs, photos, videos, whatever....your general blogging site I guess. This is my first time using it, but it seems really easy to use. As for the name, I guess when you're creating something, might as well make up your own word too.

Jessica5
01-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Hehehe yay! Tent 1 blogs making a comeback!! I like the front pic (what an amazing tape job).

Good luck this season, yall, from one tent 1 kid 12 others.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Very cool. :cool: I'll pass through Derm with time to stop by and visit (maybe) on Monday afternoon! Hope to see you then for a few minutes.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Very cool. :cool: I'll pass through Derm with time to stop by and visit (maybe) on Monday afternoon! Hope to see you then for a few minutes.
I stopped by about 4 pm. No one was in your tent. I spoke with a young lady sitting next to Card Gym who said she was a member, and I gave her my CrazieTalk.Net card.

dukebsbll14
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I stopped by about 4 pm. No one was in your tent. I spoke with a young lady sitting next to Card Gym who said she was a member, and I gave her my CrazieTalk.Net card.

Yeah she told me about that. I came back for the night shift and she was like, "There was a guy Ozzie who was here to see you." I'm sorry I missed you! Hope to see you another time, I know I'll definitely be in K-Ville a lot on gamedays.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I see you're Pratt '14. I was E '76, long before it was Pratt! I'm big time jealous of the labs and cool stuff you guys get to do in the Fitzpatrick CIEMAS buildings :cool:

dukebsbll14
01-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I see you're Pratt '14. I was E '76, long before it was Pratt! I'm big time jealous of the labs and cool stuff you guys get to do in the Fitzpatrick CIEMAS buildings :cool:

I know it's pretty crazy what they have now.

We're psyched about all the followers we've been getting! Hopefully our tent will be decorated and what not in the next few days. Thanks a bunch to everyone who's looked at our page!

dukebsbll14
01-22-2011, 02:13 PM
As we approach the game, we figured we would everyday post a memorable quote/video/pic/interesting fact about Duke versus UNC. I know we still got 5 games before this one, but I thought that it would be cool to do. Not sure yet if these will be through the blog kvilleastentone.tumblr.com or the twitter @kvilleastentone, both probably.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has read or taken a look at our posts this season. I've really enjoyed keeping up with it thus far and I really hope I can do it again for the next 3 years too. About 2 more weeks of tenting and we'll keep you up to date on as much as we can. GO DUKE!!!