PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Wake

jdj4duke
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I took advantage of the link on the front page today to grab a couple tix to the Wake game on the 22nd. In anticipation of a totally successful visit (and hoping for minimum exposure to the Zombie Nation song), would someone like to recommend a great place for lunch or post-game celebratory drinks/dinner in Winston? Is there a place where Duke fans congregate?
Thanks a lot for any suggestions-

happydays1949
01-05-2011, 05:48 PM
We quit going to the Wake game years ago. Every time we went, Duke lost.

Have fun....we'll cheer from home!

SupaDave
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I took advantage of the link on the front page today to grab a couple tix to the Wake game on the 22nd. In anticipation of a totally successful visit (and hoping for minimum exposure to the Zombie Nation song), would someone like to recommend a great place for lunch or post-game celebratory drinks/dinner in Winston? Is there a place where Duke fans congregate?

This should work:

Drinks and food...
http://www.foothillsbrewing.com/menus.html

It's on 4th Street which also offers a nice selection of restaurants...

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-05-2011, 11:34 PM
What sort of cuisine would appeal to you? I live in WS now and could offer some suggestions if I know more about what your interests might be.

cspan37421
01-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Village Tavern has good food and drink. 2 locations; I think I went to the one out by Hanes Mall (in June), but there's one practically right next to the WFU campus, if Google is to be believed. Seems to be comparable quality-wise to J. Alexanders.

roywhite
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Village Tavern has good food and drink. 2 locations; I think I went to the one out by Hanes Mall (in June), but there's one practically right next to the WFU campus, if Google is to be believed. Seems to be comparable quality-wise to J. Alexanders.

Very good choice; that's the original one near the WFU campus, and not as large as the one out by Hanes Mall. Good bar food and good entrees if you want a full meal.

Probably the best dining choice in the area is catering by Devil in the Blue Dress. However, that's apparently only available during football season. :)