PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Shane Battier!!!

Bostondevil
01-03-2011, 11:34 AM
This might be on topic, but still, I've got tickets to the Celtics/Rockets game next Monday night (Thanks Duke Club of Boston) followed by a meet and greet with the Shane himself. It's a birthday present for my oldest son which he has deemed 'Cool!'

Lord Ash
01-03-2011, 12:54 PM
That is AWESOME, and COMPLETELY on-topic enough for the EK board.

Please do tell Shane how happy we were that he stopped in at DBR to say thanks for the "Favorite Dukie Poll" back in the day and would LOVE to hear from him more often:) Also tell him he is the greatest Dukie who has ever lived (along with Grant) both for his outstanding play, but more importantly for his attention to to defense (where games are TRULY won and lost, but where glory is often not won) and for his intellect and intelligence.

Oh, and tell your son that if he can't get more worked up than that, then you will bring some 35 year old guy as your faux son, who will be an AWFUL lot more worked up over meeting Shane. He at least owes you a poem entitled "Why my Dad (or Mom... sorry Boston, I think you are actually a mom, but I don't know for sure?) is the GREATEST PARENT ON EARTH, and is better than all others!" along with a dramatic reading of it.

Bostondevil
01-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Getting my oldest son to say 'Cool!' (he just turned 17) was almost more enthusiasm than I could manage. He's into it. Really. And yes, I'm the coolest mom in the world. In fact, many of his friends have told him so. My reaction when told I'm a 'Cool Mom'? "Yeah, but not the kind that will let you drink beer at my house so get that thought right out of your heads."

weezie
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Congrats BD! I, too, was once "Coolest Mom on the Planet" when I loaded the kids up for a Prince concert a couple of years ago. Both were slightly bemused until The Symbol rose from under the stage in a purple mist and began, as they say, to get nuts.
We can share the sash, don't worry!

hq2
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey, I'm right nearby, I ought to go that too! I'll have to ask him for a cabinet post
after he becomes president!:cool:

PADukeMom
01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Congrats BD. My birthday is in 2 weeks so Happy Birthday to your son. Have a great time & post pictures!

Bostondevil
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
It was a Q and A, Shane came across, of course, as well-spoken, friendly, and a gentleman. And boy does he have a beautiful smile!! Sadly, when I realized he wasn't going to have time to pose for pictures with us, I tried to snap a couple of 'action' shots. They didn't turn out well. Should I post them anyway? They really aren't very flattering of Shane.