PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Pearl ejected after 2 Ts

DukeDiva
12-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Bruce Pearl was ejected from the Tenn/ CofC game after 2 technical fouls. Under 4 minutes to go and CofC is up 82-70.

diveonthefloor
12-31-2010, 04:02 PM
TN has underachieved all year so far. Wonder if the suspension has affected them mentally despite not starting until next week.

hurley1
12-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Bruce Pearl was ejected from the Tenn/ CofC game after 2 technical fouls. Under 4 minutes to go and CofC is up 82-70.

CofC beat them from start to finish, I heard. I saw just a few minutes of it and the announcer used the word " clinic ". I turned it after that.

JohnGalt
12-31-2010, 04:39 PM
TN has underachieved all year so far. Wonder if the suspension has affected them mentally despite not starting until next week.

They beat an awfully good Pitt team AT Pitt. I wouldn't call that underachieving.

The potential is there, but I think I agree that the NCAA stuff has Pearl rattled which has projected on the team a little...resulting in a little dysfunction. They're certainly not a team anyone wants to face in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAAs though.

On another note, Cremins and The College are really pulling out some quality Ws. And with Adjehi Baru coming in next year, things are really starting to look up. Losing Guidelock will hurt, but it's fun having the Cougs good enough to go into Tennessee and beat the Vols.

Go Duke!
Go Cougars!

-bdbd
12-31-2010, 05:02 PM
They beat an awfully good Pitt team AT Pitt. I wouldn't call that underachieving.

The potential is there, but I think I agree that the NCAA stuff has Pearl rattled which has projected on the team a little...resulting in a little dysfunction. They're certainly not a team anyone wants to face in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAAs though.

On another note, Cremins and The College are really pulling out some quality Ws. And with Adjehi Baru coming in next year, things are really starting to look up. Losing Guidelock will hurt, but it's fun having the Cougs good enough to go into Tennessee and beat the Vols.Go Duke!
Go Cougars!

To say nothing about beating Kerlina (which was even better)!

:D

sagegrouse
12-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I kinda figure Coach Pearl had seen enough and didn't want to stick around for the finish. However, a guy on thin ice doesn't need any more demerits.

sagegrouse

BD80
12-31-2010, 05:27 PM

He wanted his team to get used to playing without him ...

To say nothing about beating Kerlina (which was even better)!

:D

Better sure, but really not all that special anymore :D