PDA

View Full Version : OK, this is just embarrassing.

BD80
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
In case you hadn't heard, erstwhile duke recruit Kris Humphries is "dating" Kim Kardashian. And you will hear about it, because his "team" has hired a publicist "to get his message out." The best part of the story?

"otherwise anonymous New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Kim-Kardashian-dating-Kris-Humphries-hires-publicist-NBA-New-Jersey-Nets-122910

wilko
12-30-2010, 04:23 PM
In case you hadn't heard, erstwhile duke recruit Kris Humphries is "dating" Kim Kardashian. And you will hear about it, because his "team" has hired a publicist "to get his message out." The best part of the story?

"otherwise anonymous New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Kim-Kardashian-dating-Kris-Humphries-hires-publicist-NBA-New-Jersey-Nets-122910

Embarrassing for whom?
Kim may some high mileage on her and is seemingly a bit of a vapid, pop-tart, primadonna in her public persona, but Chis ain't dating her for her knowledge of chess and insightful conversation. She is still Drop Dead Gorgeous.

If her name were Georgette Flemming (I made that up, or at least I think I did) or some other name you had never heard of she wouldn't be any less pretty.

Just in this case we know where that car has been driven.

Channing
12-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Embarrassing for whom?
Kim may some high mileage on her and is seemingly a bit of a vapid, pop-tart, primadonna in her public persona, but Chis ain't dating her for her knowledge of chess and insightful conversation. She is still Drop Dead Gorgeous.

If her name were Georgette Flemming (I made that up, or at least I think I did) or some other name you had never heard of she wouldn't be any less pretty.

Just in this case we know where that car has been driven.

I don't think dating Kardashian is embarassing. Hiring a PR firm to get your message out (what message?) is the embarassing portion of that story.

rthomas
12-30-2010, 04:56 PM
They look alike.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/news/101220/kim-kardashian-1-320.jpg

theAlaskanBear
12-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Well, Lamar Odom married a Kardashian -- and has been playing the best ball of his career the last year and a half, so....

hurleyfor3
12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Why does he need to pay a publicist? Isn't this kind of thing why we have Twitter?

SuperTurkey
12-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Why does he need to pay a publicist? Isn't this kind of thing why we have Twitter?

Someone has to write those tweets.

airowe
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Kourtney's hotter.

juise
12-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Someone has to write those tweets.

I was thinking the same thing. So I looked up his Twitter. He has ~5,000 followers. By comparison, his would-be-classmate Luol Deng has ~13,000 followers. Sounds about right.

DMV2434
12-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Kourtney's hotter.

Probably the first and last time I disagree with what you post

superdave
12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
So he's in line after a rapper and a football player. I'm guessing she'll chase either A-Rod or a weatherman next. Or maybe Vladimir Putin.

Indoor66
12-30-2010, 07:14 PM
So he's in line after a rapper and a football player. I'm guessing she'll chase either A-Rod or a weatherman next. Or maybe Vladimir Putin.

Maybe Brett has been stexting her?

superdave
12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Maybe Brett has been stexting her?

That would make my 2011!

Maybe we can monitor Humphries stats pre-Kardashian and post.
24.9 minutes, 7.8 ppg, 9.2 rpg to date (pun intended).

juise
12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Speaking of embarrassing, how about Carolina's clock management at the end of the Music City Bowl? I loved it! Too bad the refs let them get away with it. I would think that the penalty should have resulted in a run-off, but I don't know the rules well enough and wasn't paying attention to the commentary.

(I know this is off-topic for the thread, but we didn't need another Carolina thread on the board.)

chrisheery
12-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Kourtney's hotter.

This marks the first post of yours I have ever disagreed with.

Wander
12-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Speaking of embarrassing, how about Carolina's clock management at the end of the Music City Bowl? I loved it! Too bad the refs let them get away with it. I would think that the penalty should have resulted in a run-off, but I don't know the rules well enough and wasn't paying attention to the commentary.

Even though it went into overtime, that was the worst football game I've seen all year. Both teams should take a loss - no, three losses - for that pathetic display. The college football postseason is such garbage.

4decadedukie
12-31-2010, 09:18 AM
I know this will appear curmudgeonly and jaded, but one of the minor (but truly great) things about my life at 64 is knowing fundamentally nothing about either Humphries or Kardashian, and caring even less about such pop culture celebrities.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2010, 09:52 AM
I know this will appear curmudgeonly and jaded, but one of the minor (but truly great) things about my life at 64 is knowing fundamentally nothing about either Humphries or Kardashian, and caring even less about such pop culture celebrities.

The Kardashians are kind of like the Gabor sisters. Only different.

dyemeduke
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Kourtney's hotter.

...I never post here really...

...but wow...this post was just ridiculous...I have to speak against this lunacy...

...aren't you supposed to be one of the more knowledgeable posters too?

airowe
12-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Kim is like the ice cream cone that you see in a magazine ad. Picture perfect, shined up, not a thing out of place... and plastic.

Kourtney is more.... real.

DevilWearsPrada
12-31-2010, 02:29 PM
I like the K sisters. And watch their shows, every now and again, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. Khloe is married to LA Lakers, Lamar Odom.

They work hard, market their products, and make their own money.

I like Kimmy. But I really like Khloe the best. She is funny and says how she feels. Whomever, Ms Kim wants to date, or go out with .... she is 30 years old.... she can.

Kourtney graduated from USC (believe thats correct), and the brother Robert did also. I thought those two would go to law school, and carry on the Kardashian legacy in the Legal World.

WHY is this embarrassing? Or is this just a stupid thread?

JohnGalt
12-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Kim is like the ice cream cone that you see in a magazine ad. Picture perfect, shined up, not a thing out of place... and plastic.

Agreed. Unfortunately though the only one of the three with a personality is Khloe.

Listening to the other two makes you think they're fembots.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8417/fembot.jpg

Acymetric
12-31-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll be honest, I'm in school with girls just as good looking and significantly more accessible...don't see all the fuss about these girls.

Reilly
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I wonder what Shaun Livingston's grandfather thinks of this turn of events ....

SupaDave
12-31-2010, 04:05 PM
I'll be honest, I'm in school with girls just as good looking and significantly more accessible...don't see all the fuss about these girls.

Where is this school and how can I enroll before this semester starts? LOL!

Oh yeah - Humphries PR people suck...

http://mediatakeout.com/45810/its_official_kanye_west_and_kim_kardashian_are_dat ing____will_spend_new_years_together.html

devildeac
12-31-2010, 04:06 PM

This is the DBR, remember, so no opinions without proper evidence/citations. Therefore...

Link?

Pomeroy or Sagarin ratings/rankings?

(jk);)

sagegrouse
12-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about. Humphries was never, ever a Blue Devil, so this can't be embarrassing to Duke fans. Moreover, the messages don't make a lot of sense to me.

But I do like the pictures. :) :p

sagegrouse

JBDuke
12-31-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm really finding it difficult to connect this thread to Duke basketball. And the Kardashians are just creations of popular culture that aren't worthy of discussion on this board. If you really want to discuss them, take it to the OTB, and please avoid the cheesecake photos.