PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs. UNC-G Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Bob Green
12-29-2010, 08:28 AM
It is time to discuss the game. The team looked rusty during their last outing and tonight's game comes after another nine day break, however, the Blue Devils should be motivated to win the game for Coach Krzyzewski so I expect them to come out hot and jump all over UNC-G from the start.

moonpie23
12-29-2010, 08:31 AM
let's hope so.....the team is adjusting to playing without KI and getting a rhythm going..

go duke !!!

roywhite
12-29-2010, 08:35 AM
I'll be in attendance. Appreciate the way Coach K has scheduled games in Greensboro (and Charlotte occasionally) for in-state Duke fans who are not in the Triangle and/or don't have season tickets.

CameronBornAndBred
12-29-2010, 08:38 AM
This is going to be a complete and total blowout. When was the last time that an undefeated Duke team with more than 10 games under their belt played a winless team?

Kedsy
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
This is going to be a complete and total blowout. When was the last time that an undefeated Duke team with more than 10 games under their belt played a winless team?

Well, we weren't undefeated (we had one loss), but last year we played winless Penn on December 31.

pfrduke
12-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Well, we weren't undefeated (we had one loss), but last year we played winless Penn on December 31.

And won by 58, if I recall correctly.

Fuqua's Finest
12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
I saw UNCG play in the Greensboro Coliseum against NC A&T earlier this season and they got completed dominated by A&T's big man underneath. UNCG has a couple of big bodies, but their starter is butter soft underneath. I think Duke will win this one by at least 50. Look for Plum 1 and Plum 2 to have big games (30 & 15 combined). Sad to see me alma mater so sucky, but I will always be a Duke fan!

sdotbarbee
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I am very excited and can't wait to watch K pass dean. My buddies and I are going to a local bar to watch and it just so happens to be a pro-unc bar with unc stuff on the wall so it should be a fun place to watch K overtake dean.:D

DukeCO2009
12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Curiously, I'm not seeing the game on the ESPN3 slate. Can anyone confirm that the game will be shown exclusively one ESPNU and nowhere else?

pfrduke
12-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Curiously, I'm not seeing the game on the ESPN3 slate. Can anyone confirm that the game will be shown exclusively one ESPNU and nowhere else?

That's what ESPN currently indicates.

Acymetric
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know how much parking will be at the coliseum? The only information I've been able to get from calling and checking the website is that it "varies by event." Would be nice to know how much cash I need to have...

CameronBornAndBred
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
That's what ESPN currently indicates.
I thought if the game was shown on ESPN(insertchannelsuffixhere) then it was automatically included on 3 as well. I have ESPNU so I'm good to go, but for the sake of those who don't I hope it is shown on 3, or at least justin.tv.

Indoor66
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know how much parking will be at the coliseum? The only information I've been able to get from calling and checking the website is that it "varies by event." Would be nice to know how much cash I need to have...

There should be no parking problem at the Coliseum. Plenty of space. So big I lost a car one night at the old Big Four Tourney!

Fuqua's Finest
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM

$10 is what you should expect. That's how much I paid when I attended a UNCG game earlier this season at the Coliseum.

Acymetric
12-29-2010, 03:29 PM
$10 is what you should expect. That's how much I paid when I attended a UNCG game earlier this season at the Coliseum.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping. I'll probably bring 20 just to be safe I suppose.

pfrduke
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I thought if the game was shown on ESPN(insertchannelsuffixhere) then it was automatically included on 3 as well. I have ESPNU so I'm good to go, but for the sake of those who don't I hope it is shown on 3, or at least justin.tv.

Nope. They only put a selection of their live broadcasts on the espn3 stream (as well as stream certain games that are not being shown live).

smcook313
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
My first hope for the night is that Mason gets extended minutes. I really think he needs to put in 30 minutes a game to be ready for ACC play. I want to see him turn and go to the basket. Not fade away with a hook shot! I think we need to play about 37 minutes of ballz to the wall basketball! Its so vital that we are in sync and tuned with this offense. Miami is no joke and they will be ready for us. I hope Seth gets some good PG minutes and Dre needs to work for a shot tonight. Im really excited to see how we do tonight. We should have this "O" about polished and cranking on all cylinders. Good luck tonight guys! GO DUKE

JonnyWonder
12-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Nope. They only put a selection of their live broadcasts on the espn3 stream (as well as stream certain games that are not being shown live).

Earlier this season there was another ESPNU game that didn't show up on the ESPN3 "upcoming" list until about 10 min before tipoff. There is a chance this one won't be streaming online at all, but I'm holding out hope it will appear before 7. For the fellow streamers out there, don't give up hope on ESPN3 until after tipoff.

riverside6
12-29-2010, 06:35 PM
live tempo-based stats for the game here:

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=6975

starters: Curry, Smith, Singler, Kelly, Miles Plumlee

nocilla
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM
If espn3 doesn't work out you can use this link. Not as good of quality as espn3 but much better than we got for the Elon game.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-espnu.html

snowdenscold
12-29-2010, 07:05 PM
If espn3 doesn't work out you can use this link. Not as good of quality as espn3 but much better than we got for the Elon game.

Thanks. As others have noted, ESPN3 isn't showing it like I thought they would (and it's now 7:05 so I stopped holding out hope). I assumed after all the ESPNU games earlier this season that were on '3' that they all would but, but alas it appears it ain't so.

stillcrazie
12-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for that link. It shows up in a 3 inch square on my tv. Let us know if a better link shows up please!

snowdenscold
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks for that link. It shows up in a 3 inch square on my tv. Let us know if a better link shows up please!

The maximize/fullscreen button is below the video halfway out of the box (so hard to see and click) for me. Perhaps you can barely reach it at the bottom (about 1/3 of the way across from the left)

JonnyWonder
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM

Many thanks! ESPN3 let me down, but the DBR forums never do!

lotusland
12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Mrs. K. may not appreciate JWill commenting on her use of language unsuitable for TV. My wife has been known to drop some choice words but I know she wouldn't want me to tell it on National TV. Maybe that's just a Southern thing though...

stillcrazie
12-29-2010, 07:21 PM
The maximize/fullscreen button is below the video halfway out of the box (so hard to see and click) for me. Perhaps you can barely reach it at the bottom (about 1/3 of the way across from the left)

Got it! Thanks!

superdave
12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
We jumped on UNCG quick but they settled down. Duke is ratcheting up the pressure on their ball handlers. I like it - hope to see us push the pace some.

Also Seth started tonight, which as Jason Williams mentioned, allows Nolan to play off the ball a little more.

JMarley50
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I have to admit I am much more "giddy" about this win than I thought I would be! Going into this season there was no doubt that it was going to happen, so its not like a big surprise. But now that its here, I can't stop smiling.

JMarley50
12-29-2010, 07:33 PM
We jumped on UNCG quick but they settled down. Duke is ratcheting up the pressure on their ball handlers. I like it - hope to see us push the pace some.

Also Seth started tonight, which as Jason Williams mentioned, allows Nolan to play off the ball a little more.

I really like seeing Seth starting at point. I've said before that I think in the long run he will give us the best option (other than Kyrie), because it frees Nolan up to do what he does best!

superdave
12-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Are commercial breaks on EspnU a little shorter? Seem to be...

Our defense is quick tonight. I feel good about this!

superdave
12-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I really like seeing Seth starting at point. I've said before that I think in the long run he will give us the best option (other than Kyrie), because it frees Nolan up to do what he does best!

I think splitting pg duties, with Nolan being the lead, between Nolan and Seth is a good approach so neither feels burdened. Nolan helped shoulder the load with Jon last year.

Also, Seth could be one of those guys who plays better as a starter. If Andre can get his points either starting or off the bench then it could work. Well see.

Or maybe we get Kyrie back in March!

Saratoga2
12-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I just got into the game with 2 minutes left in the half. What happened with Dawkins. I see he didn't even get one minute of PT in the half. Is he injured?

Fuqua's Finest
12-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Call me Devil's Advocate but I don't like our defense or rebounding tonite. It's a given that we're gonna blow out UNCG, however I would like to see out defense lock UNCG up in the 2nd half. I'm sure the guys aren't playing 100% focused because of the level of competition, but still we shouldn't be giving up as many Offensive boards as we have.

Overall, I think the part of Kyrie's game I miss the most is his interior passing. Our current offense reminds me a lot of last years, which isn't all that bad but I would like to see Miles and Mason be fed more often against inferior competition. I remember the game against Marquette where we gave Mason the ball time after time after time. Now it seems we've gone back to the fake pass to Mason, swing it around the perimeter a few times and settle for a long jump shot. I can't wait until our real season starts next week!;)

JMarley50
12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
"Kyler" Singler has 22 points lol. I thought Kyle was one of those names that you couldn't mess up....

rthomas
12-29-2010, 08:28 PM
OK so "Yes sir, may I have another" may be the call of the year.

Gthoma2a
12-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I hate hearing that Kyrie is gone (with bravado on the "GONE") over and over. I get tired of hearing how vulnerable we are now. I know he is gone for the time being. We all know that he could be out for the season, but to act like we are now just an ordinary team in the ACC is outlandish. I am not denying the differences, but enough with the counting him in/out for the season too early in every broadcast.

JMarley50
12-29-2010, 08:29 PM
ok so "yes sir, may i have another" may be the call of the year.

love it!!! ;)

superdave
12-29-2010, 08:55 PM
880!