PDA

View Full Version : Andre gets 6th man of the week award.

Duke: A Dynasty
12-29-2010, 03:11 AM
StatSheet ACC 6th Man of the Week: Duke's Andre Dawkins

"Andre Dawkins, a 6-4 Sophomore guard, played 32 minutes during a single game for the Blue Devils. In a lopsided 98-72 win over Elon, Dawkins added 17 points on 55% shooting.

This is the second StatSheet ACC 6th Man of the Week win for Andre Dawkins. Corey Raji, a senior forward from Boston College, is runner up. Richard Howell, a sophomore forward from NC State, wins honorable mention.

Duke has one StatSheet ACC Player of the Week win this season."

http://bluedevildaily.com/duke-basketball/conf-potw/andre-dawkins-wins-statsheet-acc-sixth-man-week-december-27th-2010

airowe
12-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Sounds like that robot reporter has a glitch in it's matrix.

How can Andre have two 6MOW awards but Duke only has one?

MCFinARL
12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Sounds like that robot reporter has a glitch in it's matrix.

How can Andre have two 6MOW awards but Duke only has one?

Maybe there is a difference between "6th Man of the Week" and "Player of the Week"?

airowe
12-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Maybe there is a difference between "6th Man of the Week" and "Player of the Week"?

Ah. That's what I get for not reading thoroughly.

All hail the great robot sportswriter.

RobbieStats
12-29-2010, 10:13 PM
That's it. We are doing three per: Player of the week, Freshman of the week, and 6th man of the week.

Indoor66
12-30-2010, 07:05 AM
That's it. We are doing three per: Player of the week, Freshman of the week, and 6th man of the week.

I think we should have a 2nd man off the bench of the week and a last man off the bench of the week awards. After that I move that we give a trophy to every player who scores. Then move to a trophy to everyone who plays in the game.

Can we get real about this? I can see Player and, maybe, Rookie. After that it becomes somewhat meaningless.