PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Lewis

RockyMtDevil
12-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry to say I'd never heard of this guy. Can you guys elaborate on the missed layup story, sounds bizarre to say the least.

ChicagoCrazy84
12-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Sorry to say I'd never heard of this guy. Can you guys elaborate on the missed layup story, sounds bizarre to say the least.

Take a look at www.raymondlewis.com it has all of his past accomplishments and the story behind his brief NBA career. Pretty interesting stuff actually.

MartyClark
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I had not heard of this guy. I looked at the website and it's interesting but doesn't always make sense. There are a lot of guys like this, playground legends and superb athletes, who simply were never good enough to play in the NBA.

The comparison of this guy to Doug Collins is probably a bit exaggerated. I was at Northern Illinois University when Collins played for Illinois State. I saw him play three times and Doug Collins was a great player (trivia - teamed with Bubbles Hawkins, later of the New Jersey Nets at guard) NIU had a guard named Billy Harris who was a Chicago playground legend. His admirers made the same sort of Doug Collins comparisons that the author of Raymond Lewis blog made. At the end of the day, Collins was a pretty good NBA player. Billy Harris played a few years for the San Diego Sails of the ABA. Raymond Lewis apparently never played in the NBA which makes me think he was simply not a good enough player or maybe a total head case.

At any rate, it's fun stuff and thanks for posting it.

gstaff
10-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Here is some info on Raymond Lewis. Not just a guy not good enough. Shows what happen when you are young and have no good people around you. By the way @ the time the youngest guy ever drafted. Not a playground legend, but maybe one of the top players of all time. You can also see NBA all stars talking about via youtube.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1094201/index.htm