PDA

View Full Version : Butler/Wash St & Fl St/Baylor

Saratoga2
12-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Those two games look good for Duke and for the ACC in general. With Duke having beat Butler, largely without Kyrie and Fla State beating a well thought of Baylor team, it has to be good for our team and league.

Faison1
12-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Those two games look good for Duke and for the ACC in general. With Duke having beat Butler, largely without Kyrie and Fla State beating a well thought of Baylor team, it has to be good for our team and league.

Didn't Kyrie injure his toe towards the end of the Butler game?

gam7
12-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Didn't Kyrie injure his toe towards the end of the Butler game?

Yes. If you say we beat them largely without Kyrie, then you also have to say that we beat them when they were largely without have Mack and Nored. Butler is playing very well right now.

juise
12-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Duke Beat Butler by 12 and Kyrie scored 21 points on 10 field goal attempts. I would say he was pretty much a non-factor in that one. ;)

Saratoga2
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I went back and you guys were right. Kyrie played 34 minutes in the game. I guess the impact of seeing him go out in the last minutes in a close game made me think that Butler had an advantage where indeed they did not.

Butler is a very good team and having beat them is a plus for Duke. I expect them to hang tough in the tournament and be there with the Ohio St, Duke, Kansas teams at the end.