PDA

View Full Version : Cameron crazies salute coach k

Dopeshop
12-21-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't know how many crazies will be present on jan 2(miami),the first game after coach k passes dean smith, but everyone should have a large box of special k to hold and display when he makes his pre game entrance. I think the tv /.media will really respond to this. Please spread the word...

Devilsfan
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
A little lame IMO. How about some Crazies chime in on a little more creative salute? With their minds (400-600 pts. above all other colleges in our state on entrance exams) we should come up with something great that Coach deserves.

UrinalCake
12-21-2010, 12:17 PM
"Coach K... the new Dean of North Carolina"

DevilWearsPrada
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Most of the students, wont be back from holiday. Those bleacher seats are sold to Iron Dukes and the public. No telling who will be occupying those seats. Just like last night for the Elon game. Great to see the Crazie section filled!!!

As last night, the students, are gone from campus, for the most part. No blue devil mascot, no cheerleaders. The pep band had old and young playing. Just enough to play the tunes.

Coach K will pass The Dean in Gboro Coliseum..... which is also, for that game, a large Cameron Indoor just westbound. Great opportunity for so many families to see Duke play, that dont have an opportunity to get tickets at Cameron!

I dont like the idea of Special K cereal boxes. My opinion. As I applaude Coach K's accomplishments; I look to the next game, and what our Duke boys are doing as a team. And what they are in pursuit of. They can reflect at the end of the season, about all the accolades. And personal goals and etc.

We all know that Coach K is greater than The Dean. Thats how I feel, anyway.

DevilWearsPrada
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
"Coach K... the new Dean of North Carolina"

I dont like seeing Coach K, and the words Dean or North Carolina in the same quote.

Coach K said recently at a club meeting, not to put the other Rival Schools name on a bumper sticker on your car. IE. Duke 82 UNC 50..... because you are giving props to that team or school, by having their name on a bumper sticker, or tee shirt or etc. I agree with Coach.

TonyWR
12-21-2010, 12:35 PM
That's the problem I have when I wear my 'greater than' shirt, just having that other logo on me make me cringe. That's why I retired it and will pass along to my son!

In K I trust.

DevilWearsPrada
12-21-2010, 12:51 PM
That's the problem I have when I wear my 'greater than' shirt, just having that other logo on me make me cringe. That's why I retired it and will pass along to my son!

In K I trust.

here here Tony!!!!! Totally agree!!!!!

I dont want the word Kerlina, Unc, North Carolina or Baby boy blue anywhere on my car, a teeshirt, bumper sticker...... anything. That gives them props and Even that we care, at all. To which I dont. GTHC GTH

Indoor66
12-21-2010, 01:09 PM
here here Tony!!!!! Totally agree!!!!!

I dont want the word Kerlina, Unc, North Carolina or Baby boy blue anywhere on my car, a teeshirt, bumper sticker...... anything. That gives them props and Even that we care, at all. To which I dont. GTHC GTH

Just put Duke: 82-50 and you have said it all!

JStuart
12-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I dont like seeing Coach K, and the words Dean or North Carolina in the same quote.

Coach K said recently at a club meeting, not to put the other Rival Schools name on a bumper sticker on your car. IE. Duke 82 UNC 50..... because you are giving props to that team or school, by having their name on a bumper sticker, or tee shirt or etc. I agree with Coach.

Actually, I really liked the bumper sticker from several years back that looked like this:

DUKE
THE University of North Carolina

BleedsP287
12-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't mind honoring the other school to be honest, the best of games for me are contests between two worthy opponents. The sport as a whole benefits, and it isn't always just about Duke. We have a fabulous program we all, fans, players, coaches, should be proud of. But so do other schools, so in my view, a little head nod in their direction now and then is all to the good.

Scorp4me
12-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I have no problem with the idea that mentioning a rival school honors them and we should do it. However, in the comment "Coach K the new Dean of North Carolina" I don't see any rival schools represented.

Dean is used as in a noun, the head of a faculty, school, or administrative division in a university or college. Granted the pun is that it's the same as a previous coach, but it's not used in that way.

And North Carolina refers to the state. The state I live in. A state I'm proud of. If in fact it is referring to a college it could refer to any one of 16 state supported colleges.

So I just don't see the problem:cool:

Indoor66
12-22-2010, 11:33 AM
How about "Coach K the new Dean of Basketball"?

DevilWearsPrada
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
K The Coach!!!

K Rules!

dukebsbll14
12-23-2010, 12:10 AM
...or we bow...880 times.

davekay1971
12-23-2010, 10:57 AM
The K-ville campers kould organize themselves to have the first 880 paint themselves with the numbers, 1 through 880, in order, as they come into Cameron. How cool would that look to see 880 students together with each of those victories enumerated?

Even better (though it would take more research and organization than could probably be done), they could paint themselves with the victory number and vanquished opponent of each win.