PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Miller Tears ACL

tommy
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Sorry if this was posted elsewhere and I missed it, but I just came across this. He's gone for the year. Tough break for what seems like a great kid.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/12/17/article/top_recruit_quncy_miller_out_for_the_season

tylervinyard
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Man, that is terrible. He did seem like a nice kid. Good that he has a commitment already lined up at Baylor. Wish he could have ended up at Duke, but it does seem as if he wanted to play with his boy Bello too bad for that to happen.

Gthoma2a
12-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I really feel bad for him. I hope he gets better from the surgery quickly, and remains healthy for the rest of his career. He was fun to see us recruit, and I wish him nothing but the best.

ChicagoCrazy84
12-20-2010, 08:24 PM
That's too bad. Quincy is a good kid and sad to see his high school career ending like that. I wouldn't be too worried about his future though. He's young and will be good to go by the summer to get back in shape in time for his freshman year.

CameronBornAndBred
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Man, that is terrible. He did seem like a nice kid.
He's not dead.

davekay1971
12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
That's too bad. Quincy is a good kid and sad to see his high school career ending like that. I wouldn't be too worried about his future though. He's young and will be good to go by the summer to get back in shape in time for his freshman year.

Truer these days than it used to be. The ACL repair and rehab is significantly improved compared to what it was back in Bernard King's day. Still, it's a tough injury and can be problematic. Good luck to Miller, all the best to him.

monkey
12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Best wishes on a speedy recovery for qmillertime.

juise
12-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Still, it's a tough injury and can be problematic.

Robbie Hummel agrees. :(

superdave
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
I just checked the news for any update on QM - whether he's had surgery yet and what the next 12 months will look like for him. No articles in the last day or two. Anyone see anything?

Bluedog
12-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I just checked the news for any update on QM - whether he's had surgery yet and what the next 12 months will look like for him. No articles in the last day or two. Anyone see anything?

Quincy himself said he expects to be back in June, according to his twitter account.

http://twitter.com/qmillertime

If you guys havent heard; yes im out for the rest of the season! i will be back in june...im just gonna come back bigger and better!

Devilsfan
12-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Bigger and better? Not immediately on the better. Maybe with a renewed desire and competitive drive and possibly better over time. Good luck to him on hi s rehab.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Sean Renfree did pretty well coming back from his ACL surgery this year. Hopefully QM will be able to do the same.