PDA

View Full Version : Upset of the Year, So Far

burnspbesq
12-19-2010, 02:14 PM
There have been some upsets so far this year. There were some big ones yesterday: UIC over Illinois - that's a major upset. Florida over K-State. UCLA over BYU.

But I don't think there has been a bigger upset so far this year than the FSU women losing to Yale. That's right, I said Yale, which improved its record to 2-7 and snapped a seven-game losing streak by beating the Noles.

If you can think of a bigger upset this year, I'd like to know what it is.

DukeBlueNikeShox
12-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Especially considering that F$U was ranked #14 in the country and Yale's only win came against Holy Cross - a team that UConn beat by 80 points. Despite F$U having a 4 point lead late in the game on two separate occasions, they couldn't pull out the win.

gofurman
12-19-2010, 05:04 PM
not as big but you have to love PC (Presbyterian ) beating $$$ Auburn basketball (esp after all the Scam Newton fame ). Way to go blue hose

HateCarolina
12-19-2010, 06:34 PM
not as big but you have to love PC (Presbyterian ) beating $$$ Auburn basketball (esp after all the Scam Newton fame ). Way to go blue hose

Campbell beat Auburn as well, so I don't consider them getting beat any type of upset. With that said I think its great b/c I do not believe "Scam" Newton either....

timmy c
12-19-2010, 06:39 PM

Campbell beat Auburn as well, so I don't consider them getting beat any type of upset. With that said I think its great b/c I do not believe "Scam" Newton either....

Auburn is giving Wake Forest plenty of cover as the worst BCS basketball team in the nation.

timmy c
12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Another upset pick would be Drexel (kenpom #83) over Louisville (kenpom#14) at the most ridiculous named - KFC Yum center - 52-46.

sagegrouse
12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Especially considering that F$U was ranked #14 in the country and Yale's only win came against Holy Cross - a team that UConn beat by 80 points. Despite F$U having a 4 point lead late in the game on two separate occasions, they couldn't pull out the win.

Having lost to lowly Yale, the FSU women next get to play UConn at UConn for the Huskies 89th straight win.

sagegrouse

DevilHorns
12-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Having lost to lowly Yale, the FSU women next get to play UConn at UConn for the Huskies 89th straight win.

sagegrouse

Stanford plays the women huskies at home on Dec 30. I have a feeling that will be the end of the streak (if not, no problem, Duke will handle them on 1/31 :p)

Duke: A Dynasty
12-20-2010, 05:49 AM
UNCC beating Tennesse... imo. 49-48 and it was a team close to home doing the winning.

cf-62
12-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Stanford plays the women huskies at home on Dec 30. I have a feeling that will be the end of the streak (if not, no problem, Duke will handle them on 1/31 :p)

It would be awesome if we could knock of UConn. I don't see them losing to Stanford, seeing as they beat Ohio State by 30 this weekend.

stickdog
12-20-2010, 09:03 AM
2-8 Kennesaw St. beating Georgia Tech by 17 has to right up there. Kennesaw St. hasn't beaten another D-1 team this season, and lost by 15 to 2-8 Alabama State who hasn't beaten another D-1 team this season.

duke79
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
There have been some upsets so far this year. There were some big ones yesterday: UIC over Illinois - that's a major upset. Florida over K-State. UCLA over BYU.

But I don't think there has been a bigger upset so far this year than the FSU women losing to Yale. That's right, I said Yale, which improved its record to 2-7 and snapped a seven-game losing streak by beating the Noles.

If you can think of a bigger upset this year, I'd like to know what it is.

Does Yale even have a women's basketball team?

duke79
12-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Does Yale even have a women's basketball team?

I meant to also ask, assuming Yale does have a women's basketball team, what the differential is in the average SAT score for the women on the Yale team versus the average SAT score for the women on the FSU team? That may have set a new NCAA record for the largest differential in average SAT scores in an intercollegiate game, surpassing the game when the Duke men's team played LSU with Shaq on the team. LOL

House G
12-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Another upset pick would be Drexel (kenpom #83) over Louisville (kenpom#14) at the most ridiculous named - KFC Yum center - 52-46.

I happened to catch part of this game. I was impressed by Drexel and expect them to be a tough out come tournament time.