PDA

View Full Version : Women's Basketball Recruits

NYC Duke Fan
12-19-2010, 06:26 AM
ESPN says that Duke has signed 4 of their top 100 recruits. I could identify only Elizabeth Williams, Amber Henson and Ka'lia Johnson...who is the fourth ?

Thanks

roywhite
12-19-2010, 08:26 AM
ESPN says that Duke has signed 4 of their top 100 recruits. I could identify only Elizabeth Williams, Amber Henson and Ka'lia Johnson...who is the fourth ?

Thanks

I think the 4th would be Whitney Knight of Winston-Salem, NC; she made a verbal commitment to Duke, but did not sign during the early period and may be looking elsewhere. So, it's actually 3 top 100 that have signed, and Duke is still looking at 2011 recruits.

CameronBornAndBred
12-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Another possibility is Betnijah Laney. She is 11th on the list, and like Knight, will commit later.
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/150/class/2011/page/considering

I think we can count out Knight as a possibility, ESPN has removed Duke from her radar. They don't have anyone else listed either, but I doubt we'll see her suit up for Duke.

Knight, ranked No. 73 in the ESPNU HoopGurlz 100, originally gave her verbal commitment to the Blue Devils in March but had a last-minute change of heart.

"Joanne P. McCallie, Al Brown, Samantha Williams and Trish Stafford-Odom were great," Vernon Knight said. "They were wonderful on our visit. They were wonderful to us through her recruitment and they're going to do great things."

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/news/_/id/73316/whitney-knight

DukeBlueNikeShox
12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Duke is also in the running for 6'5" Australian Gretel Tippet, who in the spring, will decide weather to turn pro or come to Duke. She's been able to dunk since she was 14 and has been billed as the next Lauren Jackson. If she were an American, she'd be ranked as a Top 25 recruit.

jimsumner
12-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Duke likes where they are with Laney.

burnspbesq
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Duke is also in the running for 6'5" Australian Gretel Tippet, who in the spring, will decide weather to turn pro or come to Duke. She's been able to dunk since she was 14 and has been billed as the next Lauren Jackson. If she were an American, she'd be ranked as a Top 25 recruit.

The Basketball Australia website lists Tippett's height as 188 cm, or just a shade over 6'2".

DukeBlueNikeShox
12-19-2010, 02:28 PM
The Basketball Australia website lists Tippett's height as 188 cm, or just a shade over 6'2".

According to FIBA and ESPN, she's 6'4" (192cm)...:confused:

devildeac
12-19-2010, 02:37 PM

Must be the NBA measurement;).

SuperTurkey
12-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Must be the NBA measurement;).

If it was NBA measurement, she would be 7'1" :)

ATLBaller
12-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Diamond is one of the best combo guards in the 2013 class... she can jump out of the room! I found an interview on Inside Women's Basketball... She lists Duke as one of the schools she will visit!

article: http://www.insidewomensbasketball.co...mond_DeShields

video: http://www.insidewomensbasketball.co...s/diamond.html

mr shadow 008
02-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I didn't know where else to put this so I figured I'd put it here. Tonight in the Beach District Championship, against Salem High School, Elizabeth had 37 pts, 32 rebounds, 12 blocked shot, and 3 assists. Just thought I'd share.

Rudy
02-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I didn't know where else to put this so I figured I'd put it here. Tonight in the Beach District Championship, against Salem High School, Elizabeth had 37 pts, 32 rebounds, 12 blocked shot, and 3 assists. Just thought I'd share.

Trivia alert. Jasmine Thomas' old high school, Oakton, has lost to Williams' team the past two years in the Va. state tournament (finals and semi-finals, I think). It could happen again this year.

mr shadow 008
02-19-2011, 12:22 PM
That is correct. However, Princess Anne might not make states this year. The two best teams in the state PA and Lake Taylor will play each other in the semifinals of the Regional Tournament this year, assuming they both make it that far. Lake Taylor has already beaten PA once this year,but PA was without Elizabeth.