PDA

View Full Version : London has changed a lot recently

hurleyfor3
12-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Everyone speaks French. Also, they have the Eiffel Tower here now.

Seriously... Europe is currently experiencing a blizzard. I was supposed to fly into LHR Saturday morning. After circling above London for an hour they closed the airport and we diverted to CDG. I could write another thousand words or so about what has happened to me since then, but to make it short I spent last night in a hotel in the 14th arrondisement in a snowy, slushy City of Lights. Let it be clear that Europe has NO EARTHLY IDEA how to deal with snow. It is impossible to get to the British Isles right now if you are not already there. And I thought North Carolina was bad about this kind of thing.

Oh, well, there are worse places to be stuck, I guess. It's snowing even worse here than it was yesterday, so I have no idea when I'll get back to the States. But for now I have the day in Paris.

weezie
12-19-2010, 03:32 PM
But for now I have the day in Paris.

Sounds divine. A nice bordeaux and a box of fine chocolates after a snowmarch along the Paris sidewalks. I'm jealous!

A-Tex Devil
12-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Hope it's all cleared up before I go there on the 28th!!

hurleyfor3
12-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Hope it's all cleared up before I go there on the 28th!!

The pictures I've seen of LHR on the teevee make me really happy I have a hotel in France right now.

I think this is part of a cold stretch that has been affecting Europe for the better part of a month now. Bring appropriate clothes.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Kenny Dennard is stuck in London. His flight home today was canceled and is now re-booked on Wednesday, and he's one of the lucky ones!