PDA

View Full Version : Team Posters in today!!

ajgoodfella7
12-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Decided to start a new thread just to let everyone know that I received my 2 team posters today. I ordered them at about noon of the first day so I'm sure other people will start to get them soon. They are really nice but since this is the first year I've ordered them I can't really compare them to previous versions.

theAlaskanBear
12-16-2010, 06:44 PM
My card was charged yesterday. So I am waiting anxiously!

CameronBornAndBred
12-16-2010, 07:53 PM
My card was charged yesterday. So I am waiting anxiously!
You made me go look, I was figuring since I hadn't been charged earlier in the week I would be waiting until later in the season. To my delight, I've been charged!
No posters in the mail today, but I did have a honey ham sent by two of my clients waiting for me on my doorstep. Two Duke alumni clients by the way...who want's a slice of ham? I'll never be able to eat it by myself. ;)

ajgoodfella7
12-16-2010, 08:19 PM
You made me go look, I was figuring since I hadn't been charged earlier in the week I would be waiting until later in the season. To my delight, I've been charged!
No posters in the mail today, but I did have a honey ham sent by two of my clients waiting for me on my doorstep. Two Duke alumni clients by the way...who want's a slice of ham? I'll never be able to eat it by myself. ;)

I'll take a slice. Nothing beats a good holiday ham.

DevilHorns
12-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I just checked my creditcard statement... hasn't been charged yet.

HOWEVER, I did see that I was getting charged by a company called "COOLFUN" for $11.99 for the past 6 months without my authorization. I bought something on buy.com 6 months ago and was automatically signed up for it!. Darn scams. Trying to get my refund now.

erbeard
12-17-2010, 07:53 AM
I still haven't been charged yet either. I called around 10:30 on the first day and was told that my poster would be here before Christmas. I do live in Northern Va, and I am wondering if that's why. I'm going to have to give the office a call to get a status.

Philsfan
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I ordered just before 9 on the first day. My card was charged on Wed. and I live in Durham so hopefully I'll get them today!

erbeard
12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Just called the duke offices, and I was told that the last batch of "by Christmas" orders went out today. She also told me not to worry about the credit card charge, some can take longer than others to post. Just have to wait and see I guess.

dcdevil2009
12-17-2010, 04:09 PM
For people that have gotten their posters in (or anyone who knows), did they come USPS or a private postal service?

CameronBornAndBred
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM
For people that have gotten their posters in (or anyone who knows), did they come USPS or a private postal service?
I got mine today via USPS...funny to see my mailbox with that long tube sticking out of it.

ajgoodfella7
12-17-2010, 08:10 PM

Mine also was shipped via USPS.

borodevil16
12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Got mine today as well

CameronBornAndBred
12-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Well that didn't take long. Someone is selling three on Ebay already for $200 each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-DUKE-BASKETBALL-SIGNED-TEAM-POSTER-Singler-Irving-/110625761762?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item19c1cf29e2

I thought about that..but decided against it. Nothing wrong with the idea, we live in the world of supply and demand. I can only imagine that they would be worth more though after Nolan, Kyrie, Kyle, Mason, Seth, Dre (and who knows who else!) are all playing in the NBA a few years after winning the 2011 NCAA championship. :D

hedevil
12-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm way out here in Texas. Got mine today.

I'm super excited. I would guess that everyone who ordered early on the first day should get them soon.

Philsfan
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Got mine today in Durham!

ricks68
12-18-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm way out here in Texas. Got mine today.

I'm super excited. I would guess that everyone who ordered early on the first day should get them soon.

Did the charge show up on your credit card yet? I ordered mine very early the first day and also am in Texas. So far, no poster and no charges.

ricks

hedevil
12-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm late back to this thread. Actually, no, the charge hasn't even shown up on my card yet. I don't know if the same is true for anyone else who has recieved theirs.

Keep hope alive. Apparently the card isn't the definite way to confirm. For the record, I didn't order mine until 1 pm EST on the first day. I would assume that anyone who ordered theirs earlier than that should at least recieve them this week. Just a guess.

DukeGirl4ever
12-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I know I asked this in the other poster thread, but now that some people have them, I wanted to double check to see if the size was 27 in. x 27 in.

Can anyone confirm this?
I was out hunting for frames today and I didn't even know where to begin since they don't make them that size. And, I'm not spending $100 to get a custom frame for my brother. I was just looking to get a pre-made poster frame.

hedevil
12-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Confirmed! The poster is 27 x 27in.

I'm also in the process of finding the right frame for it.

DukeGirl4ever
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Confirmed! The poster is 27 x 27in.

I'm also in the process of finding the right frame for it.

THANKS!

Let me know if you find a place to get a frame without having to pay a ton of $$$.

CameronBornAndBred
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
THANKS!

Let me know if you find a place to get a frame without having to pay a ton of $$$.
This place looks promising...you can put it what size you want, and what kind of cover you want (P.S. You do NOT want non-glare..looks horrible). I do all of my own framing for my paintings (including cutting my mattes), and even that is pretty pricey, so this site seems like it might be a good deal.

http://www.wholesaleposterframes.com/product_info2.php

DukeGirl4ever
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
This place looks promising...you can put it what size you want, and what kind of cover you want (P.S. You do NOT want non-glare..looks horrible). I do all of my own framing for my paintings (including cutting my mattes), and even that is pretty pricey, so this site seems like it might be a good deal.

http://www.wholesaleposterframes.com/product_info2.php

Awesome! Thank you! I'm going to wait until the poster arrives and see it in person before I decide what I want to do.

That looks like a great site.

ScreechTDX1847
12-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I just realized that my card number changed a couple of weeks because I had to have my card replaced. I am fairly sure I don't have any recourse at this point but can someone please post the number to the basketball office so that I can see of there is anything that can be done?

Many thanks for your help.

Philsfan
12-20-2010, 10:19 AM
I just realized that my card number changed a couple of weeks because I had to have my card replaced. I am fairly sure I don't have any recourse at this point but can someone please post the number to the basketball office so that I can see of there is anything that can be done?

Many thanks for your help.

919-613-7500. I had the same fear and called last week. I was told (but didn't recall it at the time) that they had our phone numbers from the orders and would call us if such a problem arose.

ScreechTDX1847
12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
919-613-7500. I had the same fear and called last week. I was told (but didn't recall it at the time) that they had our phone numbers from the orders and would call us if such a problem arose.

Thanks! I called this morning and they informed me that they would be forwarded the invalid card numbers so we could be appropriately charged. They also told me this would not hold up the actual shipment (which I find hard to believe) but I still haven't received my order and I live in Raleigh.

Indoor66
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks! I called this morning and they informed me that they would be forwarded the invalid card numbers so we could be appropriately charged. They also told me this would not hold up the actual shipment (which I find hard to believe) but I still haven't received my order and I live in Raleigh.

It takes a while for the horse to deal with the hills and valleys of US 70. Be patient. :cool:

matts83
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I know the store is backed up, but can anyone tell me if they called in to double check their order, if they had any luck? I don't want to bug them if they are still working on them...but I called the very next day after I found out they were on sale and gave them my CC info and all but still haven't seen a charge on my card yet. Should I be worried or just be patient?

theAlaskanBear
01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
If I am not mistaken, the first batch sold out really fast. Now they have to wait and let the players have time to sign a new batch of posters...with the holidays etc I'm sure they are just getting back into the swing and it may take awhile.

My card wasnt charged until a couple of days before it shipped, they are good about not charging you until it is really ready. Got it in plenty of time for Christmas.

ajgoodfella7
01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Just in case anyone did not receive their poster yet, It looks as if the players are signing some today according to Andre's twitter:

Autographing time only 1000992648262936664926484 posters to sign today so i'll be done by 10 lol

http://twitter.com/#!/dre_day20/status/27111615136530432

Hopefully anyone who hasn't gotten them will get them soon.

CameronBornAndBred
01-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Just in case anyone did not receive their poster yet, It looks as if the players are signing some today according to Andre's twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/dre_day20/status/27111615136530432
Sounds like that will cover every remaining order for the year!

kingboozer
02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
My card got charged last Thursday, about how long does it take for them to arrive? (I live in Durham)

strawbs
02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Just got mine today!!! I ordered mine pretty late in the afternoon the 2nd day, so for those of you who haven't gotten yours in yet, hang in there.
I'm kind of disappointed though. Don't get me wrong I really, really appreciate the team taking all of the time they did to sign these. However, whoever packed mine forced it into the package it shipped in, and one of the sides is creased with a 2-3 small tears.
Hoping when i frame it that it isn't noticeable.

Bluedog
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Just got mine today!!! I ordered mine pretty late in the afternoon the 2nd day, so for those of you who haven't gotten yours in yet, hang in there.
I'm kind of disappointed though. Don't get me wrong I really, really appreciate the team taking all of the time they did to sign these. However, whoever packed mine forced it into the package it shipped in, and one of the sides is creased with a 2-3 small tears.
Hoping when i frame it that it isn't noticeable.

Mine has a tear in the corner as well so I'm sure you're not alone. Oh well. At least we got them. It was quite a deal!

strawbs
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Mine has a tear in the corner as well so I'm sure you're not alone. Oh well. At least we got them. It was quite a deal!

Agreed! It is amazing that the guys take the time to sign this stuff. I know i really appreciate them taking their time to do this, as I am sure everyone does as well.

Dr. Tina
02-08-2011, 07:11 PM
I ordered mine on November 17th, so I hope my poster is in the batch that seems to be getting sent out now. I haven't found anything posted to my card yet, though. I'll keep a look out.

DukeGirl4ever
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I ordered around 8:00 the second day. My card was billed last week, but I haven't received it yet. I also live about 10 hours away, so I assume that could be a problem (or that we have yet to shovel the 3 feet of snow on our sidewalk so the mailman can drop it off). :)

kingboozer
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
I got mine and it looks great! I got a poster frame for it from the Brian Center bookstore and it works great if anyone wants to grab one