PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post at the Forum, long time follower

Deshawnj
12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi all this is my first post here at the forum. I have been an avid follower of this forum for a while now. I have been a True Blue fan since 1990 as a young seven year old. Got my first gear at 8 years old and never looked back. I hope to bring class and great posts to this forum. I appreciate all the work everyone has done here with giving out information to the Duke community. Keep it up guys.

DeShawnJ

Indoor66
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi all this is my first post here at the forum. I have been an avid follower of this forum for a while now. I have been a True Blue fan since 1990 as a young seven year old. Got my first gear at 8 years old and never looked back. I hope to bring class and great posts to this forum. I appreciate all the work everyone has done here with giving out information to the Duke community. Keep it up guys.

DeShawnJ

Welcome to the board. It is a fun place to hang out, learn, share thoughts and ideas and generally be yourself.

4decadedukie
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Welcome; we look forward to your participation.

ajgoodfella7
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun 'n' games.

Deshawnj
12-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys I love the "generally be yourself" comment. Just curious as to how long you guys have been fans of the True Blue or if there was a post with that info?

Dukeface88
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun 'n' games.

We got everything you want, honey we know the names.

Greg_Newton
12-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys I love the "generally be yourself" comment. Just curious as to how long you guys have been fans of the True Blue or if there was a post with that info?

My dad likes to (semi) jokingly tell the story of when I was six, and he tried to soothe my hate for the fairer shade of blue when he realized how high Duke tuition had gotten. He said something along the lines of "Hey, that Eric Montross kinda seems like a okay guy, huh?", and I just gave him the death stare and held it against him for weeks.

So I'm not sure exactly when my deeply ingrained pyschological disorder set in, but it was very early!:D

Indoor66
12-07-2010, 05:48 PM

I started my fandom in 1956.

airowe
12-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the Thunderdome.

A few rules:

1) Don't argue with JimSumner. You will lose.

2) Don't argue with OlympicFan. You will lose.

3) Have an opinion, but make it coherent.

4) If you ever need a pick me up if Duke loses a game, look for Ozzie4Duke's posts. He swallowed a rainbow sometime ago.

5) Sagegrouse is president of the Nolan Smith Fan Club.

gam7
12-07-2010, 06:14 PM

A few rules:

4) If you ever need a pick me up if Duke loses a game, look for Ozzie4Duke's posts. He swallowed a rainbow sometime ago.

6) Don't question Coach K, EVER. Caveat: unless you have been there and done that.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-07-2010, 06:50 PM

A few rules:

If you're ever in doubt, follow Airowe's suggestion #4! :cool: And just remember, I was the only one around here, or anywhere for that matter, who, after we lost at Maryland, said that we'd finish the year with a ten game winning streak. Which we did. You can look it up. Worked out pretty well, don't you think!http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/happy/bouncyblue.gif

Welcome to the board.
And, as always, http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Tappan Zee Devil
12-07-2010, 09:00 PM

A few rules:

I would add - Don't ever argue with Stray Gator - You will not only lose but will feal like a complete nincompoop. If I every really, really need a lawyer ...

Newton_14
12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the family and thanks for the thoughtfulness of using your first post to introduce yourself.

What Airowe and Ozzie said! Also before you ask what 9F means, read the sticky threads at the top that contain the guidelines, and Throatybeard's Handy Guide which contains the definition of 9F.

As for my love of Duke, my first Duke Basketball hero was Tate Armstrong...

PaIronDuke
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I started my fandom in 1956.

as it may doom me to the senile corner, but I first became a Duke football fan in 1940-pre-second Rose Bowl!- and became a Duke basketball fan in 1950, when I entered Duke. This gave me the great pleasure of seeing Dick Groat play, whom I still feel is the greatest college player ever for his time. Look it up, youngsters!

At any rate, welcome new poster! You're in stimulating company!

Deshawnj
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys glad to be here. I will try not to argue with anyone here and appreciate the list plus the rules to live by as well as

and Throatybeard's Handy Guide which contains the definition of 9F.

Throatybeard's Guide which is great by far the best collection of things I have heard in my lifetime as a Duke fan.

nocilla
12-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys glad to be here. I will try not to argue with anyone here and appreciate the list plus the rules to live by as well as Throatybeard's Guide which is great by far the best collection of things I have heard in my lifetime as a Duke fan.

Yea, it took me a couple days to figure out the 9F reference, but once I did it was very enlightening.

BlueTeuf
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Throatybeard's Guide which is great by far the best collection of things I have heard in my lifetime as a Duke fan.

..and if you want some more inside scoop, invest a weekend wading through this:
http://snrub.com/dbr/19373/