PDA

View Full Version : Every player getting their chance to shine early on...

Lord Ash
12-06-2010, 02:09 AM
You know, after Dre had such a strong game against Butler, I couldn't help but think that we have seen a semi-pattern so far in our games... while in each game there have generally been players who have struggled a bit or maybe not performed as we would hope, almost every major player in the Duke rotation has, at one time or another, stepped up big time in a game this year so far. Just take a look at the MOTM voting from DBR...

Princeton: Nolan
Miami: Seth
Colgate: Kyrie
Marquette: Mason
K State: Kyrie
Oregon: Kyle
Michigan State: Kyrie
Butler: Andre

That is six different players identified as the Man of the Match in only eight games. That is pretty amazing! While I have felt that we have not really had a single game yet where the entire team was "firing on all cylinders" I am left feeling rather good knowing that ALL of the guys have it in them and have taken over or dominated a game already this year... I can't help but think that, going forward, the team will continue to gel and we will be treated to more and more dominant team performances as all the guys settle into their roles and settle into an overall groove, already knowing that they have it in them to blow up at any time.

uh_no
12-06-2010, 02:19 AM
While I think this is absolutely spot on, Seth has been underwhelming in just about every other game this year.

I still feel like other than the oregon game, Kyle has not really gotten into a flow on offense (now obviously everything else he does is phenomenal) I see him taking inadvisable 3's often, and that's not open threes, I'm talking about fade away threes, running three's off the dribble, spin around threes.....And I think it's things like this on a more team wide scale is the cause of our low 3pt shooting percentage......last year I think one of the reasons we shot so well was because so many of the shots were off a pass.....we're seeing less of that this year.