PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs Butler (Dec. 4, 2010)

Bob Green
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Who was the Man-of-the-Match against Butler?

MCFinARL
12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
10 points, 9 rebounds, tough defense, a killer lob to Mason--Andre was consistently effective and important today.

CLW
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Andre got my vote. Shot the ball well and had 9 boards.

IMHO, I'm ready to "eat crow" and admit that it looks to me that the "small" lineup with Dawkins at the 3 and Kyle at the 4 is are best lineup.

Bob Green
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I voted for Andre Dawkins. He played big on the boards today with 9 rebounds. Plus he had 10 points and big assist on the alley-oop pass to Mason Plumlee.

34dukegal
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Voted Andre, who is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team. Loved the lob to Mason and the fast break dunk!

jv001
12-04-2010, 05:31 PM
to voting for Thornton just to follow recent patterns in voting for MOTM, but couldn,t bring myself to do it. Voted for Andre. Go Duke!

gwlaw99
12-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I voted for Andre Dawkins. He played big on the boards today with 9 rebounds. Plus he had 10 points and big assist on the alley-oop pass to Mason Plumlee.

What impresses me so much about Dawkins is his poise while still being aggressivene. He is playing like a senior making good decisions and not getting rattled.

DukieTiger
12-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I went with Nolan for a couple reasons- he was the steadying force in the starting lineup, with Singler/Irving in and out, up and down... Also, obviously Nolan led the team in scoring, but more specifically he went to the line 14 times, hitting 13 of them. In a game where Duke wasn't really settling into its offense and was settling for jumpers a lot of the time- this tells me that Nolan was doing his part in leading by example in "attack mode." His aggressive mindset eventually carried over to the rest of the team, which won them the game.

Son of Mojo
12-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I gave in to Nolan but was really close to giving it to Dre. He's helping us be a more complete team.

jacone21
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I voted for 'Dre because of his excellent "mean mug" at the camera after his dunk.

terrih
12-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I went with Nolan. This was such a hard choice. I just really love Dre and what he is bringing to this team. Nolan today, though, played 39 minutes and had 1 turnover (according to CBSsportsline box score). Again, really close to going with Andre, but Nolan gets it by a smidge.

-Terri

weezie
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Nolan steadied the ship.

Delaware
12-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Finally a game where the winner wasn't that obvious, but I think Dre was the man today. Tough D, timely shots, rebounding, passing. He had the most complete game of his career.

CameronBlue
12-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I voted for 'Dre because of his excellent "mean mug" at the camera after his dunk.

I've been looking for the opportunity to vote for Dre as others have remarked his improvement from last year to this has been amazing. My wife calls him "my little Teddy Ruxpin" and leaned toward the TV as he posed and said "GGGGRRRR, little Teddy Ruxpin, you're so cute!" My household gets a little strange at times.

Greg_Newton
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Voted for Nolan, but Andre and Kyrie certainly deserve some love too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mason ends up with a few. Despite a couple turnovers off of awkward feeds from the guards, he played pretty flawlessly tonight and continued his progress towards becoming a genuine presence on the block. I'm really impressed with how strong he's been taking it to the rim this year - he's playing like a grown man and a winner, NOT just a kid looking for highlights.

OldPhiKap
12-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Voted for Nolan, but glad to see Andre get support too. End to end, Nolan was the steady hand (ashe often is) and took over in spurts when needed.

NovaScotian
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
i cast my vote for andre 'boom boom' dawkins. nolan had quite the game, but andre had the play of the game with that emphatic and one dunk. in m entire life i didnt think i'd ever be that intimidated by someone wearing braces.

deezl
12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
i cast my vote for andre 'boom boom' dawkins. nolan had quite the game, but andre had the play of the game with that emphatic and one dunk. in m entire life i didnt think i'd ever be that intimidated by someone wearing braces.

Don't worry I think there are some other teams and coaches joining you.

dukepsy1963
12-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I wish I could vote for Smith and Dawkins...but this time I will cast my vote for Dawkins because I think he really came into his own tonight...and he's getting better and is playing with more confidence each game. That game-face smile he gave after his dunk said it all..... keep at it Dre....

Saratoga2
12-04-2010, 10:28 PM
This was a difficult choice as Nolan and Kyrie also played very well. I would love to see Duke get Andre more opportunities to score.

tele
12-05-2010, 02:43 AM
I voted for Nolan. Miles, Kyrie and Andre all played well too. Butler is a well coached, tough-minded team. Nolan showed great leadership in bringing home the win.

dukelifer
12-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Andre got my vote- he made some huge plays in the period when Duke got separation and rebounded very well. We are just seeing what kind of player he can be.

sagegrouse
12-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Andre's line:

Andre Dawkins....... 3-5 2-4 2-3 1 7 8 2 10 2 0 0 1 32

That's 32 mins., 10 points, 8 RBs, 2 assists and 1 steal.

Let's hope it continues --

sagegrouse

diesel
12-05-2010, 08:00 AM
My vote was for Nolan, with Andre getting the AMOTM award (Assistant Man of the Match). I thought Nolan carried the team for much of the first half. But those three free throws after a foul nailed it for me: well done Nolan!

Come to think of it, I was impressed with the whole team's free throw shooting in this game. No more of this air balling from the free throw line! (You know who I'm talking about, MP2.)

This game also struck me as a TKO of Butler. had the game been played at Cameron, at least Butler would have had the benefit of a first class medical school nearby. They could have stayed over for a few days to attend to their various ailments. As it is, all the medical people at Duke now have to deal with following the game is Kyrie's stubbed toe!

Seriously, can't something be done about cramps such as Mack apparently has had repeatedly?

ncexnyc
12-05-2010, 08:24 AM
While both Nolan, Kyle, and Kyrie were plugging away, it was the massive spark off the bench that gets Andre my vote.

Cockabeau
12-05-2010, 08:27 AM
as much as i want to give it to andre, it has to be nolan

davekay1971
12-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Wanted to split it 3 ways between Andre, Nolan, and Kyrie, but gave it to Kyrie because of the way he stepped up in the 2nd half after a shaky first half. His back-to-back 3s when Butler had fought back to within 3 seemed like back-breakers to me.