PDA

View Full Version : UCLA - Kansas

quota
12-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Kansas gets away with one as the refs call a questionable foul as time expired. Kansas hit one out of two free throws with .7 left and won the game.

Boooo...

peblnh8
12-02-2010, 11:48 PM
"while they are good this year, they lack a sherron collins or a kyrie irving, a point guard that can...'

while I don't remember the rest of the comment, but I certainly enjoyed the first part ;-)

Duke: A Dynasty
12-03-2010, 12:38 AM
"while they are good this year, they lack a sherron collins or a kyrie irving, a point guard that can...'

while I don't remember the rest of the comment, but I certainly enjoyed the first part ;-)

Ever heard of Josh Shelby? He is an amazing pg, just wait till he gets eligible and I think Kansas will be the toughest matchup for Duke. Shelby is lightning quick and a better true scorer than Irving. Shelby needs work on his defense though. All this I say though and he has not played one college game yet so it could all be fluff but based on recruiting services he is a beast. I have seen several sites that put him ahead of Irving.

DukieTiger
12-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Ever heard of Josh Shelby? He is an amazing pg, just wait till he gets eligible and I think Kansas will be the toughest matchup for Duke. Shelby is lightning quick and a better true scorer than Irving. Shelby needs work on his defense though. All this I say though and he has not played one college game yet so it could all be fluff but based on recruiting services he is a beast. I have seen several sites that put him ahead of Irving.

The announcer was talking about UCLA, I believe. Also, it's Selby- no "h"

Duke: A Dynasty
12-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Yea sorry about the misspelling. I have a friend with the name Shelby so I think I did it out of habit and I thought the OP was talking about Kansas so my bad if he was not.

G man
12-04-2010, 03:13 PM

The general consensus with Selby is that he is better scorer not a better point guard. Selby is more of a combo guard. He is one hell of a ball player though no doubt about that. They are top five team with him possibly top three!

weezie
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
We need a sympathy thread for all the poor souls out there forced to watch such terrible games under the guise of fandom for teams other than the Blue Devils.
I mean it's a pitiful story.....

dcdrumsinc
12-04-2010, 11:42 PM

From my understanding and what I've read from multiple sources involving nbadraft.net and other recruiting sites, Selby is more athletic than Irving, but is not a better point guard. Selby is athletic and a combo guard and I've read that his ability to run a team in a half court setting is suspect and needs improvement. Kyrie has a better jumper and selby is no better scorer than kyrie.

tommy
12-05-2010, 02:52 AM
Kansas gets away with one as the refs call a questionable foul as time expired. Kansas hit one out of two free throws with .7 left and won the game.

Boooo...

It was an awful way to have a great game decided.

And it was a total home call. No way the ref would've had the . . . guts to call that anywhere but at Allen.

Cockabeau
12-05-2010, 06:24 AM

Selby is not quite a point guard...