PDA

View Full Version : A Chapel Hill Christmas, generic Carolina discussion, etc

SilkyJ
12-02-2010, 03:54 PM
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Dome
not a Tarheel was scoring, they were cold as a bone.
Their jerseys were hung in the lockers with care,
in hopes the Black Falcon soon would be there.

The players were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of Hansbrough danced in their heads.
Roy in his 'kerchief, coach McGrath in his cap,
had just settled down for a long winter's nap.

When out in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
they sprang from their bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the doorway they flew like a flash,
and spotted Will Graves there smoking some hash.

when, what to their wondering eyes should appear,
the fact that the Wear twins were no longer here.

Duke now with Irving, so lively and quick,
Roy saw the future and made himself sick.
More rapid than eagles, his lame *** team came,
and he whistled and shouted and called them by name:

"Now Dexter! Now Larry!
Now, Reggie and Henson!
On, Leslie! On, Justin!
Prince Harry just listen!
To the top of the stairs!
To the end of the hall!
we're NIT bound if we don't play some ball!"

Roy dressed in light blue, from his head to his foot,
Knew that this team was completely kaputt.

His eyes--how they twinkled! His dimples, how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
and the tie he had on had a long way to go.
The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
and the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and a little bit plump,
on the sidelines he looks like he's taking a dump.

He tried to smile, a right jolly old elf,
and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
soon gave me to know Duke had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
he made up excuses, called ESPN jerks.

He walked to the court, to his team gave a whistle,
And noticed Hensons legs were as thin as a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, though his team has no fight,

"Happy Christmas to all, NIT, we just might!"

MChambers
12-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Definitely made me laugh. Excellent work!

Mike Corey
12-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Did you write this bad boy, SilkyJ? If so, take a bow.

SuperTurkey
12-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Rep? Yep!

OldPhiKap
12-02-2010, 04:44 PM
There once was a player named Barnes,
Who told self-aggrandizing yarns.
"I'm great!" he declared,
on skype and on air,
yet made the 'heel faithful curse darns.

Greg_Newton
12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Who did write this originally? It was posted on TDD yesterday and has been emailed around the interwebs like crazy. Good stuff.

deezl
12-02-2010, 04:58 PM
This is brilliant.

CameronBornAndBred
12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
This is perfect.

North Carolina coach Roy Williams has said he doesn't feel the same way about this season as he did during last season's disappointment.
I'm having a hard time noticing thanks to Williams' misguided, oversensitive defense of Harrison Barnes.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/8713678/

OldPhiKap
12-02-2010, 05:29 PM
This is perfect.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/8713678/

Great find. Ol' Huck's a hypocrite.

g-money
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Long time reader, first time poster here. To me there are a couple reasons why we Duke fans should ease up on HB a bit:

First, as many others have opined, he's just a kid! Even though he might physically look a lot older than 18, let us not forget that as recently as last year he was playing the trombone in his high school marching band. He's only been driving for a year or two now. Heck, he's still not old enough to drink a beer! The Skype thing was poorly played, but this was no case of LeBron taking his talents to Miami. IMHO it was simply a kid having fun and not understanding the ramifications of his actions. Let he who never made bad decisions at age 18 continue to cast stones.

Second, karma is a b----! While we all deserve to feel a certain satisfaction in knowing that Roy's supposed recruiting coup hasn't exactly worked as planned, pouring it on begs the basketball gods for retribution.

Now as for Ol' Roy, fire away! He's a big boy and deserves a ton of criticism for his terrible coaching these past two seasons. Having the good fortune to have been a Duke fan since 1994, I can't even fathom a team playing as disjointedly as the Tar Holes are right now. Roy needs to figure out that running wind sprints isn't going to miraculously bestow this group with the leadership skills and teamwork they need to win. It's going to take a bit more psychology than Pavlovian conditioning to get this team over the hump. Time to put that M.A.T. to work, Roy!

Duke: A Dynasty
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Long time reader, first time poster here. To me there are a couple reasons why we Duke fans should ease up on HB a bit:

First, as many others have opined, he's just a kid! Even though he might physically look a lot older than 18, let us not forget that as recently as last year he was playing the trombone in his high school marching band. He's only been driving for a year or two now. Heck, he's still not old enough to drink a beer! The Skype thing was poorly played, but this was no case of LeBron taking his talents to Miami. IMHO it was simply a kid having fun and not understanding the ramifications of his actions. Let he who never made bad decisions at age 18 continue to cast stones.

Second, karma is a b----! While we all deserve to feel a certain satisfaction in knowing that Roy's supposed recruiting coup hasn't exactly worked as planned, pouring it on begs the basketball gods for retribution.

Now as for Ol' Roy, fire away! He's a big boy and deserves a ton of criticism for his terrible coaching these past two seasons. Having the good fortune to have been a Duke fan since 1994, I can't even fathom a team playing as disjointedly as the Tar Holes are right now. Roy needs to figure out that running wind sprints isn't going to miraculously bestow this group with the leadership skills and teamwork they need to win. It's going to take a bit more psychology than Pavlovian conditioning to get this team over the hump. Time to put that M.A.T. to work, Roy!

OK well first off I get what your saying and most people do. But the fact he chose UNC has preety much everything to do with this. If he would have gone to UNCA we ould rarely mention his name around here. And as long as he is a member of UNC I will hate on him every chance.

I also did not like the little hate on Lebron, what Lebron did was to raise a whole bunch of money for the boys and girls club of America so I have no problem with that. What people did not like about Lebron was that he did not inform the other teams before hand.

MulletMan
12-02-2010, 08:20 PM
OK well first off I get what your saying and most people do. But the fact he chose UNC has preety much everything to do with this. If he would have gone to UNCA we ould rarely mention his name around here. And as long as he is a member of UNC I will hate on him every chance.

I also did not like the little hate on Lebron, what Lebron did was to raise a whole bunch of money for the boys and girls club of America so I have no problem with that. What people did not like about Lebron was that he did not inform the other teams before hand.

Wait a second... so its OK to hate on Barnes because he went to UNC, but you don't approve of people dumping on LeBron because he raised "a whole bunch of money for" BGCA?

That makes no sense whatsoever. You excuse the selfishness of LeBron's actions because he decided to turn his ego-driven hour-long special into a "fund raiser", but you think its OK to arbitrarily do the same thing you disapprove of to an 18 year old who didn't pick your school?

So lemme get this straight... Cavs fans should forgive LeBron for not picking the Cavs, but Duke fans should crap on Barnes for not picking Duke.

OK....

Duvall
12-02-2010, 08:25 PM
So lemme get this straight... Cavs fans should forgive LeBron for not picking the Cavs, but Duke fans should crap on Barnes for not picking Duke.

OK....

Well, sure. As a Tar Heel, Barnes deserves every bit of hate we can muster, and more. That's just the way of the world.

Deslok
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Last year, Barnes was just a kid. This year, he's just a heel.

How the mighty have fallen and of course deserve our scorn :cool:

NashvilleDevil
12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Was looking forward to your comparison of HB to Lance from the Illinois/UNC thread

SilkyJ
12-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Sorry I didn't give an attribution in my OP! I did not write this, a friend sent it to me. No idea where he got it.

Cockabeau
12-02-2010, 10:21 PM
First, as many others have opined, he's just a kid!

Yeah, he is a kid that disrespected Coach K and played him like a fiddle. The kid excuse doesn't work for me. Please continue to bash the black falcon

ncexnyc
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
A slow night a work let's me do some reading so I decided to look at the Harrison Barnes Recruiting thread. I'm sure many of you remember that one, the one that was well over 100 pages long.

First off, where is the poster named FRANZEZ. A number of you owe this guy an apology. Way back in like the first 20 pages of that thread he describes Barnes as a 3-4 year player and a number of your reamed him for it. What's even funnier is that a number of poster who told him he didn't have a clue are the very same ones who are now bashing him.

Here's another really funny one. One bigtime poster on this board who is also one of Barnes biggest haters labelled the kid the second coming of Grant Hill or Shane Battier.

I won't name names and embarass anyone, but maybe those of you doing so much of the hating should take a peak at that thread and see how foolish you look now with the way you were salivating over this kid.

juise
12-02-2010, 10:50 PM
he describes Barnes as a 3-4 year player

Would you wager than Barnes will be at UNC 3-4 years? I'm sure that many would take that bet. I certainly would if I were a wagerin' man. The NBA draft sites still have him in the top 2 picks and I would say that Barnes' stock won't get much lower than it is now.

ncexnyc
12-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Would you wager than Barnes will be at UNC 3-4 years? I'm sure that many would take that bet. I certainly would if I were a wagerin' man. The NBA draft sites still have him in the top 2 picks and I would say that Barnes' stock won't get much lower than it is now.
I honestly don't know where this kid will be going in the draft nor how long he will stay at UNC. I guess what I was trying to say was that so many of the folks who got on FRANZEZ for what he said are the very same people badmouthing the kid and downplaying his ability.

12-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Wait a second... so its OK to hate on Barnes because he went to UNC, but you don't approve of people dumping on LeBron because he raised "a whole bunch of money for" BGCA?

That makes no sense whatsoever. You excuse the selfishness of LeBron's actions because he decided to turn his ego-driven hour-long special into a "fund raiser", but you think its OK to arbitrarily do the same thing you disapprove of to an 18 year old who didn't pick your school?

OK....

Barnes chose a rival school to go to, Lebron did not.

Lebron raised money for a good cause, Barnes did not.

Lebron is a pro and should market himself at every chance, Barnes is an 18 year old kid who has not proven anything yet.

Cavs fans should forgive Lebron because he brought their team out of mediocrity, he gave their state something to cheer about in sports, he played out his contract fully.

Barnes went to UNC and I will hate on every player that goes there just like they will hate on all of ours.

4decadedukie
12-03-2010, 05:31 AM
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL . . . it makes me smile and laugh at 0530, and that is not easy. Thank you for this post.

SupaDave
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Was looking forward to your comparison of HB to Lance from the Illinois/UNC thread

Well ok - I'll give it to you. Just noticed this thread btw.

SO HB could very well be the NEW Lance Thomas - in more ways than one. Now I'm not talking about senior Lance who was just superb and a jumpshot away from being in the league - I'm talking about FRESHMEN Lance...

So I'll run it down in twos...

Physically - they actually resemble each other...
Lance finished his career as a 6'8 225 pound senior... (can't find Lance's freshmen build right now)
HB starts his career as 6'8, 210 pound freshmen...

Lance - Highly regarded forward coming out of New Jersey who may have played against inferior competition
HB - highly regarded forward out of Iowa who may have played against inferior competition

Lance - won NJ State Championships
HB - won Iowa State Championships

Lance - McDonald's All-American
HB - McDonald's All-American

Lance - one of the last forwards in his class to sign so it was a big deal - and he spurned the hometown team (Rutgers), who weren't too pleased
HB - his signing was a big deal period - and he spurned the hometown team (Iowa), who weren't too pleased.

Both picked ACC schools out of state over the hometown teams...

Lance - came in with high expectations
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Lance-Thomas-489/
Rated as the 18th-best overall prospect (fourth among power forwards) by Scout
Ranked 20th overall by The Recruiting Services Consensus Index
Rated as the 42nd-best prospect by Rivals.com
HB - came in with high expectations (no need to link)...

Lance - was indeed a starter for 18 games and first off the bench in 12 more
HB - expected to start day one

Lance - simply wasn't physically ready for the college game and made young mistakes
HB - simply isn't as physically ready as we thought for the college game and makes young mistakes

Lance - due to difficulties on the court - the fanbase trashed him and questioned his credibility
HB - due to his difficulties on the court - the fanbase has trashed him and questioned his credibility

Lance - people had no idea he worked so hard
HB - we will soon find out the results of his hard work

On court performance is a bit different since they are asked to do different things but HB's shooting percentage of 30 percent is actually LESS than Lance's over 50% clip for the year (of course Lance shot no threes either).

And technically - he really hasn't done anything to really distinguish himself from a freshmen Lance who was already superior in other things (leadership and hustle).

gewwang
12-03-2010, 09:22 AM
So does anyone that thinks Lebron screwed Cleveland also feel that Boozer screwed them or was Boozer's move okay?

Here's my view. The NBA is a business. If Lebron's contract is up, he knows it and the owner of the Cavs knows it. The people of Cleveland and their feelings really isn't Lebron's concern. Their feelings however should be a concern of Cleveland's owner though if he wants his business to be successful.

Lebron gave the Cavs 2 years notice that he was going to keep his options open. They did what they could (fired the coach and GM and hired Byron Scott). Based on that, it shouldn't have been any surprise when other teams were making real moves to attract him that there was a very real probability that he was going to leave.

So I don't blame Boozer or Lebron, but that's just my opinion. I feel bad for the people of Cleveland because their owner couldn't figure out a way to keep their best player. I don't feel bad for the owner of Cleveland, he knew the struggle of owning a pro sports franchise in a small market when he bought the team so losing Lebron shouldn't have been a surprise to him. Living in Charlotte, I'm used to it by now having seen the same thing happen with the Hornets, Panthers and Bobcats year after year.

m g
12-03-2010, 10:10 AM
got in an interesting discussion with my friend... he was arguing that Harrison Barnes is a terrible shooter and that he wouldn't have made us better this year. my opinion is that Barnes would never be taking such poor shots at Duke, because he would be instantly benched. do you think Barnes' poor shot selection / overall disappointing start to the season could have been avoided if he had come to Duke?

(by the way, in case it isn't clear, I'm not among those who are ready to write off Barnes yet)

tylervinyard
12-03-2010, 10:28 AM
got in an interesting discussion with my friend... he was arguing that Harrison Barnes is a terrible shooter and that he wouldn't have made us better this year. my opinion is that Barnes would never be taking such poor shots at Duke, because he would be instantly benched. do you think Barnes' poor shot selection / overall disappointing start to the season could have been avoided if he had come to Duke?

(by the way, in case it isn't clear, I'm not among those who are ready to write off Barnes yet)

No doubt he would be taking better shots at Duke. Even minus the coaching aspect of it, whereas he would be getting benched (and actually taught some things), he would be surrounded by much better players and wouldn't need to force bad shots. He actually does have great form - he's just taking bad shots plus I'm sure mentally all the pressure of being their savior and first team AA is wearing on him plus bad game after bad game makes it difficult to develop confidence. At Duke, with our spacing, he'd easily get good shots plus with the "brotherhood" that is talked about at Duke, no one goes it alone. Any down games won't have as much of an effect, because everyone has your back and everyone is encouraging your success, because it means so much to the team's success. Plus with "next play" lasered into his brain by K, all these bad games would be forgotten.

BlueDster
12-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Barnes chose a rival school to go to, Lebron did not.

Lebron raised money for a good cause, Barnes did not.

Lebron is a pro and should market himself at every chance, Barnes is an 18 year old kid who has not proven anything yet.

Cavs fans should forgive Lebron because he brought their team out of mediocrity, he gave their state something to cheer about in sports, he played out his contract fully.

Barnes went to UNC and I will hate on every player that goes there just like they will hate on all of ours.

I think there's a big difference between hating on a player and attacking a player. Sure, we all rejoice in the fact that HB is not playing up to the level that was expected of him. We're glad that he is not the savior for UNC that he was projected to be, at least so far. But where I think it crosses the line is when people start attacking his character, calling him manipulative and basically a bad person. Even if this stuff is true, it comes off as inappropriate and borderline creepy in my opinion.

That being said, I hope he has no success at UNC.

gewwang
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Coach K wouldn't bench one of his best players for missing good shots. If someone makes a bad play such as poor shot selection, they are most likely corrected immediately and then reminded of it in film sessions (You'd assume Roy does this too, but then again he might not). My guess is that the coaching staff knows how important Barnes play is to the team they would draw up some set plays resulting in some easy shots for him to get him going. On basketball and beyond this week, Coach K talked about the Oregon game and how they specifically called some sets early in the game so Singler could see a few go in and calm his nerves. He also said they went away from the usual rotation pattern and kept him in the entire game until the one time he got subbed out at the end when the game was in hand so he could take his hometown curtain call.

callmecrazy
12-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I have been a Duke fan my entire life and I too find joy in North Carolina's struggles. However...I do not find this joy until the end of the season. We have a long way to go and if there are people out there who doubt Barnes watch out. K didn’t make him a top target for nothing. Its a long season my friends!

12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I think there's a big difference between hating on a player and attacking a player. Sure, we all rejoice in the fact that HB is not playing up to the level that was expected of him. We're glad that he is not the savior for UNC that he was projected to be, at least so far. But where I think it crosses the line is when people start attacking his character, calling him manipulative and basically a bad person. Even if this stuff is true, it comes off as inappropriate and borderline creepy in my opinion.
That being said, I hope he has no success at UNC.

I agree completely. But what are you reffering to in the bold?

ncexnyc
12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Well ok - I'll give it to you. Just noticed this thread btw.

SO HB could very well be the NEW Lance Thomas - in more ways than one. Now I'm not talking about senior Lance who was just superb and a jumpshot away from being in the league - I'm talking about FRESHMEN Lance...

So I'll run it down in twos...

Physically - they actually resemble each other...
Lance finished his career as a 6'8 225 pound senior... (can't find Lance's freshmen build right now)
HB starts his career as 6'8, 210 pound freshmen...

Lance - Highly regarded forward coming out of New Jersey who may have played against inferior competition
HB - highly regarded forward out of Iowa who may have played against inferior competition

Lance - won NJ State Championships
HB - won Iowa State Championships

Lance - McDonald's All-American
HB - McDonald's All-American

Lance - one of the last forwards in his class to sign so it was a big deal - and he spurned the hometown team (Rutgers), who weren't too pleased
HB - his signing was a big deal period - and he spurned the hometown team (Iowa), who weren't too pleased.

Both picked ACC schools out of state over the hometown teams...

Lance - was indeed a starter for 18 games and first off the bench in 12 more
HB - expected to start day one

Lance - simply wasn't physically ready for the college game and made young mistakes
HB - simply isn't as physically ready as we thought for the college game and makes young mistakes

Lance - due to difficulties on the court - the fanbase trashed him and questioned his credibility
HB - due to his difficulties on the court - the fanbase has trashed him and questioned his credibility

Lance - people had no idea he worked so hard
HB - we will soon find out the results of his hard work

On court performance is a bit different since they are asked to do different things but HB's shooting percentage of 30 percent is actually LESS than Lance's over 50% clip for the year (of course Lance shot no threes either).

And technically - he really hasn't done anything to really distinguish himself from a freshmen Lance who was already superior in other things (leadership and hustle).

Now you've made a very nice list of comparisions, I just hope that when all is said and done you won't have to add that they both won a National Championship in their final season.

SilkyJ
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIVE difference in expectations. Simply massive, and I know that you know that.

Being ranked in the teens or 20s is a HUGE, HUGE difference from being a consensus top 3. So if HB's career mimic's lance's, it would make HB a massive, massive, bust...

(though I'm not sure if you are saying that their careers will mimic each other or if were just pointing out a laundry list of similarities and not necessarily drawing a conclusion...)

MChambers
12-03-2010, 02:34 PM
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIVE difference in expectations. Simply massive, and I know that you know that.

Being ranked in the teens or 20s is a HUGE, HUGE difference from being a consensus top 3. So if HB's career mimic's lance's, it would make HB a massive, massive, bust...

(though I'm not sure if you are saying that their careers will mimic each other or if were just pointing out a laundry list of similarities and not necessarily drawing a conclusion...)
Absolutely. If you followed Lance's play in all-star games (and I think he was on some USA basketball team before he came to Duke), his performances didn't lead one to think he'd be a star. Barnes, by contrast, had performances that made one think he'd be very good right away and a star eventually.

Bet Lance ends up with more championship rings. . .

Kedsy
12-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Thank you. And not just expectations, but projections. For the #1 recruit in the country to follow the career path of a non-scoring complementary player would be an extraordinary circumstance, notwithstanding the first seven games of his career. If the RSCI #20 recruit, as Lance was, did this, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

As you say, if HB's career followed Lance's path, he would be a spectacular bust. But more than that, even after seven games -- even after one entire season -- one would be foolish to project that path for HB.

In this century, the #1 high school seniors in the country (according to RSCI) have been:

2010: Harrison Barnes
2009: Derrick Favors
2008: Brandon Jennings
2007: OJ Mayo
2006: Greg Oden
2005: Josh McRoberts
2004: Dwight Howard
2003: LeBron James
2002: Amare Stoudemire
2001: Eddy Curry
2000: Zach Randolph

You could argue some of them didn't live up to the hype, but none were even close to Lance's career path.

By comparison, here are the #20 high school seniors (also according to RSCI):

2010: Tony Mitchell
2009: Dominic Cheek
2008: Malcolm Lee
2007: Jonny Flynn
2006: Lance Thomas
2005: Byron Eaton
2004: Jordan Farmar
2003: James Lang
2002: Hassan Adams
2001: Wayne Simien
2000: Cedric Banks

Some of them did manage to do really well and a few even made the NBA, but there's a huge qualitative difference.

So, in my opinion, you can name all the similarities you want, but we won't be able to truly say HB and Lance are on similar paths until HB's time is done.

MChambers
12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Thank you. And not just expectations, but projections. For the #1 recruit in the country to follow the career path of a non-scoring complementary player would be an extraordinary circumstance, notwithstanding the first seven games of his career. If the RSCI #20 recruit, as Lance was, did this, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

As you say, if HB's career followed Lance's path, he would be a spectacular bust. But more than that, even after seven games -- even after one entire season -- one would be foolish to project that path for HB.

In this century, the #1 high school seniors in the country (according to RSCI) have been:

2010: Harrison Barnes
2009: Derrick Favors
2008: Brandon Jennings
2007: OJ Mayo
2006: Greg Oden
2005: Josh McRoberts
2004: Dwight Howard
2003: LeBron James
2002: Amare Stoudemire
2001: Eddy Curry
2000: Zach Randolph

You could argue some of them didn't live up to the hype, but none were even close to Lance's career path.

By comparison, here are the #20 high school seniors (also according to RSCI):

2010: Tony Mitchell
2009: Dominic Cheek
2008: Malcolm Lee
2007: Jonny Flynn
2006: Lance Thomas
2005: Byron Eaton
2004: Jordan Farmar
2003: James Lang
2002: Hassan Adams
2001: Wayne Simien
2000: Cedric Banks

Some of them did manage to do really well and a few even made the NBA, but there's a huge qualitative difference.

So, in my opinion, you can name all the similarities you want, but we won't be able to truly say HB and Lance are on similar paths until HB's time is done.

Thanks for this spadework and analysis. Seems to me that Josh McRoberts is the only top ranked recruit to play more than one year of college ball.

BD80
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
... Cavs fans should forgive Lebron because ... he played out his contract fully. ...

Right up until that playoff game against the Celtics. The tar heels have put forth more effort this year than LBJ did in that game.

Trinity'10
12-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey, so I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but interesting to see a Dukie offering Barnes some words of wisdom:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=5880669

juise
12-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Hey, so I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but interesting to see a Dukie offering Barnes some words of wisdom:

I was going to post that link here. Nice of Jeff to do some charity work in his spare time. ;)

WiJoe
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM
About 12 minutes in, Timmy B weighs in on the he who shall not be named and unc's overhyping of incoming players. A CLASSIC!

http://wfnz.cbslocal.com/2010/12/03/primetime-tim-brando/

Jeff Frosh
12-04-2010, 10:12 AM
"While there's more that can be used as excuses, I really appreciate how Roy took responsibility for last season. The man himself said it was his worst coaching job ever. That's one difference right there with Coach K - that guy always places blame. Roy, like Dean, accepts responsibility."

Very funny stuff.

SupaDave
12-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Excellent quote here...

"He might overanalyze things a bit too much," Williams said. "But that's OK. At least it shows he cares. Harrison's way is to think. Tyler Hansbrough's way was to beat people up. I don't think we should judge the body of work until the work is complete."

Gthoma2a
12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Harrison is leading this team... in air balls! He can't hit anything. He is bricking them off to the extent that it may be his eyes. Maybe he needs new contacts or glasses.

SupaDave
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Harrison is leading this team... in air balls! He can't hit anything. He is bricking them off to the extent that it may be his eyes. Maybe he needs new contacts or glasses.

It appears UNC's best line-up may not include Barnes - in this match-up.

Gthoma2a
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM
The bigs are good, but the rest of the team is subpar. CBS just scored Miller's basket as two points for UNC... I wonder if the media will try to give those points to Harrison on the stat sheet. They fixed it.

striker219
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not watching the game but I do have the play by play open in another tab while I'm working, and I have a question for anyone that may be watching. It looks like Kentucky went on a 10-1 run over the last few minutes and Roy actually called a timeout. Did that really happen? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around what I'm seeing and could use a little confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

Dukeface88
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
The bad news is Roy has learned what timeouts are. The good news is that the Holes still made a whopping 2 field goals in the last 10 minutes and only managed to win by employng the Connvict srategy