PDA

View Full Version : Best Player?

dukebluegirl
12-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Who is duke's best player? I just wanted to see differing opinions from die-hard fans of the best team in the nation!
My opinion: Kyle Singler. Although his numbers aren't staggering...yet...I believe he is the most versatile, has the most experience, and has the greatest impact on each game (with his defense, tenacity, leadership, and toughness).
Let me know what you think!

Duke: A Dynasty
12-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Who is duke's best player? I just wanted to see differing opinions from die-hard fans of the best team in the nation!
My opinion: Kyle Singler. Although his numbers aren't staggering...yet...I believe he is the most versatile, has the most experience, and has the greatest impact on each game (with his defense, tenacity, leadership, and toughness).
Let me know what you think!

I personally love these kind of threads but I dont think many others will. Anyway I agree our best all around player is Kyle Singler but watchout for Kyrie if he keeps this up.

Zeb
12-02-2010, 01:24 AM
You picked an interesting day to start this thread.

Singler is a highly skilled warrior, but if you were picking a team from scratch to win the NCAA, the first Devil that would be chosen would be Kyrie. After tonight anyone who thinks Kyrie Irving isn't clearly the best player on the team hasn't been watching very closely.

Wander
12-02-2010, 01:29 AM
After tonight anyone who thinks Kyrie Irving isn't clearly the best player on the team hasn't been watching very closely.

Agreed, and I've thought this before the Michigan State game. I reserve the right to change my opinion if need be, but as of right now, he's the best player for the early season. And he'll be a serious NPOY candidate.

InSpades
12-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm reminded of the year that JWill and Battier split NPoY (2000-2001). All year long everyone talked so much about the senior Battier but all along I thought JWill was the better player. Obviously they were both great, but for the 1st half or so of the season I thought JWill was clearly better. In the 2nd half Battier just took his game to another level and made me rethink everything :).

Up until today there's really no doubt that Kyrie is having a better year than Kyle. However we know Kyle can (and will) play better than this. He started a little slowly last year too. On the other hand... there's no shame in being 2nd best to Kyrie. The kid is incredibly special and will be an absolute joy to watch for as long as he stays.

dukebluegirl
12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
:)
You picked an interesting day to start this thread.

Singler is a highly skilled warrior, but if you were picking a team from scratch to win the NCAA, the first Devil that would be chosen would be Kyrie. After tonight anyone who thinks Kyrie Irving isn't clearly the best player on the team hasn't been watching very closely.

Sorry but im gonna have to disagree with you on that last statement. I love Kyrie and I think he is one of the best players but not the best...yet. Being the best isn't just about how many points or assists you have, its who has the greatest impact on the team. I mean Kyle plays the most minutes almost every game so obviously the coaching staff believes he makes a great impact as well. That is just my opinion. I love all the guys and think each one contributes a great deal to our success so far. As long as we are a good TEAM, the best player discussion is just something for Duke fans to have fun discussing. :)