PDA

View Full Version : DBR's anemic offense report

bjornolf
11-30-2010, 07:54 AM
I was reading DBR's article on the front page about anemic offenses, and I remember I heard on the radio yesterday that Cal may be the winner in this department and was surprised they didn't mention this. Cal scored 5 points in the first half against Notre Dame the other day. Five. 5. FIVE points? What's up with that?

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2010-11-26/irish-hold-cal-to-five-first-half-points

Kedsy
11-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Actually, my disappointment in the front page article stems from the fact that it only went back to the 1986-87 season. I realize it's a perfectly rational and reasonable cutoff, since I believe that's when the 3-point shot and shot clock were nationally adopted, but personally I'd like the chart to go back to 1978-79 and to show each ACC team's lowest scoring halves as well as full games. For obvious reasons.

arnie
11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Actually, my disappointment in the front page article stems from the fact that it only went back to the 1986-87 season. I realize it's a perfectly rational and reasonable cutoff, since I believe that's when the 3-point shot and shot clock were nationally adopted, but personally I'd like the chart to go back to 1978-79 and to show each ACC team's lowest scoring halves as well as full games. For obvious reasons.

Yea, I bet IC would feature our anemic 7-point performance in the 1st half of a certain game in early March.