PDA

View Full Version : Other games from yesterday

Duke: A Dynasty
11-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Kansas beats Arizona 87-79: I did not think Arizona was gonna be any good this year so the 8 point margin surprised me a bit.

Richmond beats Purdue 65-54: Another upset already! Richmond is a good team but Purdue should not have lost this game. I wonder how much Purdue is missing Hummel already.

Syracuse beats Georgia Tech 80-76: GT really gave Syracue a good scare and this would have been a good win for the ACC but it didn't happen :(

Texas beats Rice 62-59: Another scare for a top 25 team. Have not really checked this game out yet so I dont know why it was so close.

Evansville beats Butler 71-68: Wow... is all I think needs to be said for Butler this year. I thought they were overrated coming in this year but this is a bad loss for them. I want them to continue to succeed cause I love to see some of these smaller schools become "powers" I guess you could say. Hopefully they bounce back.

Newton_14
11-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Kansas beats Arizona 87-79: I did not think Arizona was gonna be any good this year so the 8 point margin surprised me a bit.

Richmond beats Purdue 65-54: Another upset already! Richmond is a good team but Purdue should not have lost this game. I wonder how much Purdue is missing Hummel already.

Syracuse beats Georgia Tech 80-76: GT really gave Syracue a good scare and this would have been a good win for the ACC but it didn't happen :(

Texas beats Rice 62-59: Another scare for a top 25 team. Have not really checked this game out yet so I dont know why it was so close.

Evansville beats Butler 71-68: Wow... is all I think needs to be said for Butler this year. I thought they were overrated coming in this year but this is a bad loss for them. I want them to continue to succeed cause I love to see some of these smaller schools become "powers" I guess you could say. Hopefully they bounce back.

Wow on the Purdue game. Not expecting that one. It must be real hard to be a GaTech fan. They get blown out by Kennesaw St or whatever the name was, and then play a good Syracuse team to a 4 point game? That kind of High and Low makes no sense, yet every year Hewitt figures out a way to have seasons like that.

Did not expect Butler to struggle this much. Losing their star player hurt, but still figured they would be better than what they have shown so far.

DukieInBrasil
11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
have already lost. MSU and Butler were both highly regarded and figured to make Duke's RPI be astronomically high. I'm not saying that our game vs either team will be easier b/c of their losses, only that the prestige of those games has decreased a little bit.

Indoor66
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
have already lost. MSU and Butler were both highly regarded and figured to make Duke's RPI be astronomically high. I'm not saying that our game vs either team will be easier b/c of their losses, only that the prestige of those games has decreased a little bit.

I wouldn't worry. All we need to do is win the next game, all season long, and the RPI, Polls, Sagarin, Pomeroy and all the rest will take care of itself.

DukieInBrasil
11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't worry. All we need to do is win the next game, all season long, and the RPI, Polls, Sagarin, Pomeroy and all the rest will take care of itself.
I was just noticing the irony of so many pre-season hype machines were pointing to these 3 games (KSU, MSU and Butler) and making them into super-games. I was thoroughly entertained by the KSU game and I hope I am equally as entertained by the other two :D

-jk
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I was just noticing the irony of so many pre-season hype machines were pointing to these 3 games (KSU, MSU and Butler) and making them into super-games. I was thoroughly entertained by the KSU game and I hope I am equally as entertained by the other two :D

I'll be content with the same result regardless of the entertainment value!

-jk