PDA

View Full Version : I have so much to be thankful for

moonpie23
11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
And i hope the Duke "family" has a great thanksgiving !!!

davekay1971
11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

While I'm at work today, I'm thankful for:
Having a job during a time when many aren't as fortunate
Having a family I can't wait to leave work to get home to
My health (goodbye gallbladder, I don't miss you, you finicky grumpy little thing)
Being a Duke fan
Being married to a State fan
Carolina's lost weekend (and hoping they have another one this weekend)

oldnavy
11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

God is truly great!

Bob Green
11-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. My turkey is in the oven and I'm reading DBR. It is an enjoyable morning.

sagegrouse
11-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with our daughter Lizzy and her family, especially 5YO Maggie and 2YO Will (who entered life at 3 lbs., 1 oz. and has been knocking down challenges ever since).

Thankful? You bet!

sagegrouse

ajgoodfella7
11-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

timmy c
11-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks to everyone who offers their 2 cents here at DBR. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

OldPhiKap
11-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Above all, I'm thankful that I'm not a Tar Heel fan this year!

Everyone, enjoy your family and give thanks for the many gifts we all have.

-- OPK

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-25-2010, 09:47 AM
There is much to be thankful for! Family and friends, near and far.... a bountiful life with opportunities not available in so many countries..... being able to enjoy so many Duke events in person with friends.

I wish for all safe travels and wonderful times with family and friends today and in the future.

Merlindevildog91
11-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm thankful for a healthy family, good dogs, a good job, and many other things too numerous to mention. But since I'm a lawyer, I will mention a few relevant to this board.

Having looked over my husband's shoulder at the UK and unc boards, I am thankful that we have a place where we can have rational conversation about Duke sports and other things, without the sky falling every time KI has a turnover.

I'm thankful for coaches who stay with us instead of jumping ship for more money and bigger programs when offered. I'm thankful for Kyle and Nolan coming back their senior years. I'm thankful for players who make me proud when they're interviewed by their thoughtfulness and their maturity.

For those who are traveling, safe travels. To all, Happy Thanksgiving, and may the weekend bring us much sporting happiness.

-jk
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm thankful for my family - both immediate and scattered (and we're sometimes very scattered) - and our health. For a warm, dry home. For all those who work to make the world a better, safer place.

I'm also thankful that I get to take care of this community. We're none of us perfect, but it works out pretty well here, anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

-jk

MarkD83
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

There are far too many things to mention here, but I will add that we need to be thankful for the alumni and friends we have at other ACC schools. Many of us do come from "mixed" families and having fun talking about our favorite sports is always something that brings us together.

While I have the current upper hand during basketball season, I have many friends who are Virginia Tech fans that have the upper hand during the Fall.

JohnGalt
11-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I'm thankful for a forum of reasonable minds held in check when tempers (occasionally) overtake reason!

Seriously though...I'm thankful for you all's diverse and insightful opinions. It makes sports-watching that much more enjoyable!

(and what OPK said. He nailed it!).

weezie
11-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Thankful for the view of our Duke flag flying just below the American flag over the deck and the Atlantic Ocean beyond. Most of the family chilling in sweatpants, getting ready for the turkey later today. I'll be very thankful when said family volunteers to do the dishes, too!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Devilsfan
11-25-2010, 11:42 AM
The fact we (our family) always give to those less fortuate makes me thankful not that we have most of what we need but that we WANT to help others who may not.

jv001
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm thankful for my family, my good health(new hip), great friends, Duke BB and most of all my salvation. And as always, Go Duke!

Psalm 100:4-5

BlueHeaven
11-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's to another glorious basketball year!!

Starter
11-25-2010, 01:47 PM
My best to all for a terrific holiday and another fulfilling basketball season.

Newton_14
11-25-2010, 01:55 PM
And i hope the Duke "family" has a great thanksgiving !!!

Back at you MP. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of our fellow DBR Family Members! What a great time to be part of the Duke Family. We are blessed!

DukieInKansas
11-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm thankful for a fantastic family - immediate, extended, and adopted.

Moonpie, I'm thankful for your son Sam who sets such a wonderful example to so many of perserverance and good cheer.

GLTBD
11-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all and a shout out to my husband who is celebrating a birthday today.

4decadedukie
11-25-2010, 05:18 PM
I love this thread; I have so much for which I am truly thankful, including the fellowship and wisdom DBR provides. As I sit with some of my family in Ohio's heavy rains, I remember -- with enormous gratitude -- those serving in Southwest Asia, their families, and the values and liberties their sacrifices help ensure. May they all return to us soon and safely.

TonyWR
11-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I am thankful for this great country, our freedoms, the many blessings in my life of which the biggest is my beautiful son Cameron, who turned 1 today! Happy Thanksgiving to all and God bless!

Lord Ash
11-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, all! Glad I've got friends and family around, a job I love, and everyone is healthy... and best thoughts to all the other Dukies out there!

dukeballboy88
11-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

I am thankful for my dad being a Duke fan because all he had to do was carry me to a game and I've been hooked ever since.

I am thankful for the DBR. It's the best site ever, and the boards are user friendly and professionaly moderated. I've been to the IC boards, and Gtowns boards, and other schools, and to be honest they stink compared to the DBR boards.

Son of Jarhead
11-26-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm thankful for a lot of things (esp. my kids, my family & friends...), including Duke.
-Duke & Duke athletics have been such a big, & constant, part of my life for so long. I owe my Mom (The Czar of Duke Housing) & my Pops (Jarhead, of DBR boards fame) a big THANK YOU for raising me right. Go Blue Devils!

Enjoy the leftovers.
-Son of Jarhead (or more commonly known as... well, Eric, but on here... BuschDevil)

hurleyfor3
11-26-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm thankful I don't live in the Midwest anymore.
I'm thankful my SFO-HKG upgrade cleared.
I'm thankful for the view I have of Hong Kong Harbour right now from my 39th floor hotel room.