PDA

View Full Version : DBR NBA Mock Draft!! Sign up here!!

JasonEvans
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
This is the official sign-up thread for the DBR Mock draft. The draft itself will take place starting the middle of next week, but you should sign up now if you want to be a GM.

Here are the rules.

Whoever posts first in this thread saying they want to GM a certain team-- they are the GM. GM duties do not entitle you to make trades, we are only going to make draft picks.

Every GM is expected to make his picks in a timely fashion. Please do not make us wait 5 or 6 hours for you to make a pick or we will never get through the entire draft. It would be nice if we could pick the entire first and second rounds before the NBA does the real thing in 15 days.

Once you make a pick, you are expected to explain your choice and be ready for criticism.

That's about it. If I think of more that needs to be added, I will post it in this thread. Again, the way to sign up to make a team's picks is to post it into this thread.

Now, go for it!!!

--Jason "in my 23rd straight year of being commish for the DBR mock draft" Evans

JasonEvans
06-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I got the Hawks.

--Jason "in my 23rd straight year of being GM of the Hawks in the DBR mock draft (and I am better than Billy Knight)" Evans

pfrduke
06-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll take the Sonics.

phaedrus
06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
i'll take the blazers!

just kidding. I'll take my hometown team, the bucks.

Clipsfan
06-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I'll take the Clips!

Troublemaker
06-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I'll take Utah, please. Thanks.

duketaylor
06-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I'll take the "Baby Bulls." Looking forward to doing some stuff here on DBR again, especially FFB.
Hoping to move to Durham by August I might add.

duke24/7
06-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll take the Knicks.

JBDuke
06-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I'll take the Wizards.

VaDukie
06-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Celtics baby!

Va " Sports guy cries himself to sleep every night knowing the Celtics slipped to #5 and missed out on Oden and Durant" Dukie

Duke09
06-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I'll take the Heat. I'm looking to add an aging veteran in the draft that will fit right in with the team

Indoor66
06-14-2007, 07:06 AM
I want to be David Stern. Rule the world, baby.

BD80
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
2 picks in the first round and several pieces up for trade, I'll take the Pistons.

Nazr Mohammed is definitely on the block, reasonable contract (6 mil?) and a post presence, but lousy hands. Was brought in to hold off Shaq, but Shaq isn't relavent in the East any more. Teams like Atlanta and Washington that have no post preence should be interested.

Also willing to offer Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton for Kobe (you can't spell "team" without "m" "e") Bryant. Will then try to package the 2 1st rounders to move up to get Mike Conley Jr or Acie Law IV.

I like Rasheed, but it seems that he has become complacent in Motown and needs a new challenge. The Knicks don't have much to offer, but should be interested.

Word is that the Pistons will pursue Grant real hard, and that Grant is listening. He still has some close ties here.

Let the fun begin!

MulletMan
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll take the Cavs. I'm pretty sure thier picks suck, but I will get the rest of the pieces in place for LeBron.

feldspar
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Charlotte!!!

ivduke
06-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Give me Philly and welcome Josh aboard.....

JasonEvans
06-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I'll take the Cavs. I'm pretty sure thier picks suck, but I will get the rest of the pieces in place for LeBron.

Ummm, yeah, their picks really suck. They do not have a pick in this year's draft. Wanna pick some other team?

JasonEvans
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Every GM is expected to make his picks in a timely fashion. Please do not make us wait 5 or 6 hours for you to make a pick or we will never get through the entire draft. It would be nice if we could pick the entire first and second rounds before the NBA does the real thing in 15 days.

Just a friendly note of reminder about your main duty. I notice that some of the folks who are GMing teams are people who are fairly new posters to the board. I am thrilled you are chiming in and becoming more active but want to remind everyone that once this process starts, probably on Wednesday next week, all the GMs need to make sure they are checking in fairly often and that they know when it is their turn to make a pick and that they make that pick in a reasonably swift fashion.

Thanks!!!

-Jason "compiling a list of which teams are still available right now..." Evans

JasonEvans
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Portland phaedrus
Seattle pfrduke
Atlanta Jason Evans
Memphis
Boston VaDukie
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Charlotte feldspar
Chicago duketaylor
Sacramento
Atlanta Jason Evans
Philadelphia ivDuke
New Orleans
LA Clippers Clipsfan
Detroit BD80
Washington JB Duke
New Jersey
Golden St.
LA Lakers
Miami Duke09
Philadelphia ivDuke
Charlotte feldspar
New York duke24/7
Phoenix
Utah Troublemaker
Houston
Detroit BD80
San Antonio
Phoenix
Philadelphia ivDuke

--end of first round--

Seattle pfrduke
Boston VaDukie
San Antonio
Dallas
Seattle pfrduke
Golden St.
Portland phaedrus
Philadelphia ivDuke
Miami Duke09
LA Lakers
Minnesota
Portland phaedrus
New Orleans
Orlando
LA Clippers Clipsfan
Golden St.
Washington JB Duke
LA Lakers
Chicago duketaylor
Dallas
Chicago duketaylor
Portland phaedrus
Portland phaedrus
Orlando
Utah Troublemaker
Milwaukee
Detroit BD80
San Antonio
Phoenix
Dallas

SilkyJ
06-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll take golden st...does that mean I can't pick anyone over 6'9"?

feldspar
06-14-2007, 09:50 AM
cool draft list

FYI, jason, phaedrus was joking about taking the blazers. He wants the Bucks.

mike88
06-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I will take the Orlando Magic.

mr. synellinden
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
... and Garnett is on the block.

MulletMan
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
OK, seriously, I'll take the Lakers.

How soon can I trade the Mamba?

JasonEvans
06-14-2007, 11:25 AM
OK, seriously, I'll take the Lakers.

From a team with no picks to a team with 3 picks-- the Mulletted one has traded up ;)

Dukerati
06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll take the Suns

MulletMan
06-14-2007, 01:04 PM
From a team with no picks to a team with 3 picks-- the Mulletted one has traded up ;)

Yep, and I'll have the 3 and 11 picks once I trade the Mamba to the Hawks. ;-)

juise
06-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Portland phaedrus

I believe Phaedrus said he was kidding and wanted the Bucks. (I've been looking at the Blazers myself, but don't think I could keep up with the draft over the weekend.)

MarineTwinsDad
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Please sign me up for the ever humble and still world champion San Antonio Spurs.

OOPs, a few minutes too late. Sorry.

JasonEvans
06-14-2007, 03:21 PM
i'll take the blazers!

just kidding. I'll take my hometown team, the bucks.

Duuuh-- Jason made a boo-boo. phaedrus has the Bucks, not the Blazers.

The right to make the first pick in the draft is still available!! Who wants it. Portland has the busiest draft around with 5 picks.

-Jason "with all those 2nd rounders, I bet Portland looks to deal-- no team wants that many new players vying for spots on its roster" Evans

Clipsfan
06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Duuuh-- Jason made a boo-boo. phaedrus has the Bucks, not the Blazers.

The right to make the first pick in the draft is still available!! Who wants it. Portland has the busiest draft around with 5 picks.

-Jason "with all those 2nd rounders, I bet Portland looks to deal-- no team wants that many new players vying for spots on its roster" Evans

Especially not given that they're moving a big piece anyway and also have lots of young guys.

kydevil
06-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Ill take the Mavs.

thebur
06-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I will take the champs if nobody has yet! **** Nevermind!!!***

JasonEvans
06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Portland available!!!!
Seattle pfrduke
Atlanta Jason Evans
Memphis available!!!!
Boston VaDukie
Milwaukee phaedrus
Minnesota mr. synellinden
Charlotte feldspar
Chicago duketaylor
Sacramento available!!!!
Atlanta Jason Evans
Philadelphia ivDuke
New Orleans available!!!!
LA Clippers Clipsfan
Detroit BD80
Washington JB Duke
New Jersey available!!!!
Golden St. SilkyJ
LA Lakers MulletMan
Miami Duke09
Philadelphia ivDuke
Charlotte feldspar
New York duke24/7
Phoenix Dukerati
Utah Troublemaker
Houston available!!!!
Detroit BD80
San Antonio MarineTwinsDad
Phoenix Dukerati
Philadelphia ivDuke
Seattle pfrduke
Boston VaDukie
Dallas kydevil
Seattle pfrduke
Golden St. SilkyJ
Portland available!!!!
Philadelphia ivDuke
Miami Duke09
LA Lakers MulletMan
Portland available!!!!
Orlando mike88
LA Clippers Clipsfan
Golden St. SilkyJ
Washington JB Duke
LA Lakers MulletMan
Chicago duketaylor
Dallas kydevil
Chicago duketaylor
Portland available!!!!
Portland available!!!!
Orlando mike88
Utah Troublemaker
Milwaukee phaedrus
Detroit BD80
Phoenix Dukerati
Dallas kydevil

thebur
06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Portland available!!!!
Seattle pfrduke
Atlanta Jason Evans
Memphis available!!!!
Boston VaDukie
Milwaukee phaedrus
Charlotte feldspar
Chicago duketaylor
Sacramento available!!!!
Atlanta Jason Evans
Philadelphia ivDuke
LA Clippers Clipsfan
Detroit BD80
Washington JB Duke
New Jersey available!!!!
Golden St. SilkyJ
LA Lakers MulletMan
Miami Duke09
Philadelphia ivDuke
Charlotte feldspar
New York duke24/7
Phoenix Dukerati
Utah Troublemaker
Houston available!!!!
Detroit BD80
Phoenix Dukerati
Philadelphia ivDuke
Seattle pfrduke
Boston VaDukie
Dallas kydevil
Seattle pfrduke
Golden St. SilkyJ
Portland available!!!!
Philadelphia ivDuke
Miami Duke09
LA Lakers MulletMan
Portland available!!!!
Orlando mike88
LA Clippers Clipsfan
Golden St. SilkyJ
Washington JB Duke
LA Lakers MulletMan
Chicago duketaylor
Dallas kydevil
Chicago duketaylor
Portland available!!!!
Portland available!!!!
Orlando mike88
Utah Troublemaker
Milwaukee phaedrus
Detroit BD80
Phoenix Dukerati
Dallas kydevil

I mean Portland... 5 picks, who's trading?

JasonEvans
06-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I will take the champs if nobody has yet! **** Nevermind!!!***

The Spurs have been claimed... but Portland, with 5 picks, is still avail.

JasonEvans
06-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I mean Portland... 5 picks, who's trading?

I think we were posting within seconds of each other ;)

thebur
06-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I think we were posting within seconds of each other ;)

the worldwide leader in sports.

rtnorthrup
06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I will take New Orleans

MrBisonDevil
06-15-2007, 12:32 PM
HOUSTON Rockets

JasonEvans
06-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Sacto
Memphis
Nets

Those are the only teams left... claim now... if you dare!!

-Jason "drafting will start Wednesday morning" Evans

duketaylor
06-15-2007, 11:07 PM
What time Wed morning? I work until noon that day and have the 9th pick. Am I covered there?

JasonEvans
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
What time Wed morning? I work until noon that day and have the 9th pick. Am I covered there?

Are you wondering if you will have to pick by noon or pick after noon?

pfrduke
06-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Odds are it won't be by noon. Some of us are on the West Coast, and while I get to work relatively early, the second pick probably won't be made until about 11:00-11:30 eastern.

Bob Green
06-17-2007, 02:39 AM
I'll take Memphis. I was going to stay out of this due to the time difference between the States and Japan, but what the heck! Give me Memphis.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

JasonEvans
06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Sacto
Memphis
Nets

Those are the only teams left... claim now... if you dare!!

-Jason "drafting will start Wednesday morning" Evans

Memphis is now the property of Bob. If no one steps up by Wednesday AM to grab the Kings or Nets, I'll draft for them. Still, I would love someone to step up!!

-Jason "hmm, methinks I will email Jumbo and get him to take one or both of the available teams" Evans

accfanfrom1970
06-18-2007, 02:54 AM
I grew up in NJ....I'll take the Nets, leaving Sacramento left.

duketaylor
06-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Now residing in Tampa? do I have the right "ACCfan"?

merry
06-18-2007, 11:38 AM

If Sacramento's still left, I'll take them.

Clipsfan
06-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Odds are it won't be by noon. Some of us are on the West Coast, and while I get to work relatively early, the second pick probably won't be made until about 11:00-11:30 eastern.

Are there going to be any surprises with the second pick? It's almost an "if, then", isn't it? If Oden goes first, Durant goes second (and vice versa)

pfrduke
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Are there going to be any surprises with the second pick? It's almost an "if, then", isn't it? If Oden goes first, Durant goes second (and vice versa)

Tough to say at this juncture - I mean, if Durant happens to go first, maybe I'm happy with a combination of Robert Swift, Johan Petro, and Mouhamed Sene (the team's last 3 first round picks) manning the post next to Wilcox, and what I'd really need is a Jeff Green or Corey Brewer to step into the starting lineup to fill the void of Rashard Lewis' impending departure. Of course, if Oden goes #1, maybe I think resigning Lewis is a better solution than drafting Durant, and what I really need is an interior presence like Al Horford to help out Wilcox and Collison because Swift, Petro, and Sene combined don't even make a viable center. Maybe I think Yi Jianlian is the way to get Seattle's Asian-American community involved in a new stadium project, thwarting the owner's attempts to move them to KC or OKC. Or maybe, just maybe, Sam Bowie is available...

JasonEvans
06-18-2007, 11:24 PM

If Sacramento's still left, I'll take them.

Ladies and Gents, our GM roster is now filled. Thanks everyone!!

I am on vacation this week, so posting less frequently, but I will start a "DBR Mock NBA Draft- pick here!" thread some time during the afternoon or evening on Tuesday. Folks can start drafting then. I would hope that when your picks are coming up fairly soon, you would check in frequently to see if it is your turn. Ideally, we should make 8 or so picks per day so no one should take more than an hour or two to make their picks.

If you take longer than 2 hours, there will be some penalty-- I am still deciding how it will work. I am tempted to say you automatically get stuck with Rey Terry and must explain to the masses why you chose a UNC guy who is slotted for the mid-late 2nd round as your first round pick. Hmmm.

-Jason "it all will begin tomorrow... make sure we keep it moving" Evans

MulletMan
06-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Ladies and Gents, our GM roster is now filled. Thanks everyone!!

I am on vacation this week, so posting less frequently, but I will start a "DBR Mock NBA Draft- pick here!" thread some time during the afternoon or evening on Tuesday. Folks can start drafting then. I would hope that when your picks are coming up fairly soon, you would check in frequently to see if it is your turn. Ideally, we should make 8 or so picks per day so no one should take more than an hour or two to make their picks.

If you take longer than 2 hours, there will be some penalty-- I am still deciding how it will work. I am tempted to say you automatically get stuck with Rey Terry and must explain to the masses why you chose a UNC guy who is slotted for the mid-late 2nd round as your first round pick. Hmmm.

-Jason "it all will begin tomorrow... make sure we keep it moving" Evans

Might I suggest that the 2 hour penalty only be enforced between, say, 8AM East Coast and 6PM East Coast? Sorry, but I don't usually get online at home, and I think that might be true for one or two other folks... maybe.

thebur
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Might I suggest that the 2 hour penalty only be enforced between, say, 8AM East Coast and 6PM East Coast? Sorry, but I don't usually get online at home, and I think that might be true for one or two other folks... maybe.

Even if we have to have a shorter period, say 1.5 hours, I would rather do that and do it during normal business hours. After work I am on here much less frequently as well.

thebur
06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Please let me know if anyone is interested with in trading a second first round pick for Randolph!

If it is high enough, there could be a Jarrett Jack involved as well.

Secondly, has anyone seen the trailblazers website? It is crazy! ( http://www.trailblazers.com )

On the roster page they have a silhouette of each player that shows their name when you put the cursor over each player.

feldspar
06-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I thought Jason said we're not doing trades...

merry
06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Even if we have to have a shorter period, say 1.5 hours, I would rather do that and do it during normal business hours. After work I am on here much less frequently as well.

I know I'm in the minority but during normal business hours I work. I work on a computer when I'm not at meetings, but still, I do personal email and at least SOME of my personal reading, errands and web surfing on my own time!

Clipsfan
06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Am I right in assuming that we're going to make the picks as the currently stand? I've heard some rumors that the Clips may trade their 14th pick to Phoenix and receive the 24th and 29th in return (with Maggette and Diaw also exchanged). As this trade would likely take place once the Clips are on the clock, it's not anywhere near set in stone. I'll still make the 14th pick for the Clips, right?

thebur
06-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry Jason, hadn't seen that in your posts. I will be glad to take my first pick and then sit back and watch for a bit!

throatybeard
06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I want to be David Stern. Rule the world, baby.

I call Russ Granik.

throatybeard
06-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I know I'm in the minority but during normal business hours I work.

That is soooooo old economy.

Pistonsfan13
06-19-2007, 05:35 PM
well i am new to this forum, but if anybody doesnt show up, or wants to forefit their picks, ill be here if they need filling up. :)

YmoBeThere
06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I may be breaking some Terms of Service provisions here, but have a little class when selecting avatars...

Clipsfan
06-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes, a first post by someone with a UNC drop-out as their avatar? What are the odds they end up getting to pick?

DevilAlumna
06-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I may be breaking some Terms of Service provisions here, but have a little class when selecting avatars...

Surely, he could have found something more appropriate for the board. My suggestion:

http://members.tripod.com/~karoly2/sweet.jpg

Pistonsfan13
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
lol sorry i forgot about that (rasheed wallace going to UNC), hows the new one?

sorry if i offended anybody :( :(

JBDuke
06-20-2007, 01:59 AM

Much more acceptable. Thanks!

duketaylor
06-20-2007, 09:04 AM
What time do we start? I'm actually off today and will also have to factor this
Duhon out and possible Kobe trade with Deng and Gordon gone as well. So the Lakers may end up with my 9th pick. Or not;)

MulletMan
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
What time do we start? I'm actually off today and will also have to factor this
Duhon out and possible Kobe trade with Deng and Gordon gone as well. So the Lakers may end up with my 9th pick. Or not;)

I told you guys, I'm trading Kobe to the Hawks for both of thier first round picks and a bag of magic beans!

JasonEvans
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I told you guys, I'm trading Kobe to the Hawks for both of thier first round picks and a bag of magic beans!

The Hawks would JUMP at Kobe for the #3 and #11. Heck, that might actually be a decent situation for Kobe as he and Josh Smith and Joe Johnson would be a run-jump trio unlike any in the league.

But, Kobe wants to go to the Bulls and no where else (except maybe Dallas or Phoenix or San Antonio and the Lakers will not make any of those deals).

-Jason "trades made at this point do not affect our Mock Draft" Evans

Clipsfan
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
The Hawks would JUMP at Kobe for the #3 and #11. Heck, that might actually be a decent situation for Kobe as he and Josh Smith and Joe Johnson would be a run-jump trio unlike any in the league.

But, Kobe wants to go to the Bulls and no where else (except maybe Dallas or Phoenix or San Antonio and the Lakers will not make any of those deals).

-Jason "trades made at this point do not affect our Mock Draft" Evans

True, the Hawks would jump at that trade, but the Lakers would never make it.

YmoBeThere
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM

So much nicer than what you had :D