PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry on Dan Patrick just now

gewwang
11-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Dan's first question was about Seth Curry. Stephen said he made his first shot and he jumped off his bed. Dan said he had 5 steals last night, that's not from the family tree. Stephen responds: "Guess he got that when he put on the Duke jersey". Dan: "Yeah, when you play at Duke you have to play Defense, which is why you went to Davidson".

The final question was Dan asking if Seth has taken the class at Duke on drawing charges. Steph said he hasn't taken one yet but in a pickup game over the summer, Seth took a charge and he was surprised. Then Dan said 'You don't draw charges in pickup' and proceeded 'Maybe he'll be Magna Cum Laude in taking charges'.

sagegrouse
11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Dan's first question was about Seth Curry. Stephen said he made his first shot and he jumped off his bed. Dan said he had 5 steals last night, that's not from the family tree. Stephen responds: "Guess he got that when he put on the Duke jersey". Dan: "Yeah, when you play at Duke you have to play Defense, which is why you went to Davidson".

The final question was Dan asking if Seth has taken the class at Duke on drawing charges. Steph said he hasn't taken one yet but in a pickup game over the summer, Seth took a charge and he was surprised. Then Dan said 'You don't draw charges in pickup' and proceeded 'Maybe he'll be Magna Cum Laude in taking charges'.

Noting Seth's quick hands last night picking K-State pockets, how hard would it be to get a second helping at the Curry family table with Seth, Stephen, and Dell sitting there?

sagegrouse

OldPhiKap
11-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Noting Seth's quick hands last night picking K-State pockets, how hard would it be to get a second helping at the Curry family table with Seth, Stephen, and Dell sitting there?

sagegrouse

When they shoot the breeze, they shoot it from downtown.

theAlaskanBear
11-24-2010, 11:58 AM

sagegrouse

I'm trying to think of all-family teams that could beat the collective Curry's in a game of pickup. Dell, Stephen, Seth -- pretty nuts. Maybe the Rivers with Doc, Jeremiah, and Austin? The thing that makes the Curry's so dangerous though is the shooting. Dell could suit up for the Heat and still knock down threes as long as he is open. Shot doesn't diminish with age.

I'm sure there are some obvious BB families I am missing -- who has some more? The Lucases?

uh_no
11-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm trying to think of all-family teams that could beat the collective Curry's in a game of pickup. Dell, Stephen, Seth -- pretty nuts. Maybe the Rivers with Doc, Jeremiah, and Austin? The thing that makes the Curry's so dangerous though is the shooting. Dell could suit up for the Heat and still knock down threes as long as he is open. Shot doesn't diminish with age.

I'm sure there are some obvious BB families I am missing -- who has some more? The Lucases?

the smiths

Edouble
11-24-2010, 12:07 PM

The Barry family.

Lord Ash
11-24-2010, 12:10 PM
The Plumlees!:) However, Mason would have to run the point...

Namtilal
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
No one is getting an offensive (or defensive) rebound against the Plumlees.

Someone should do a charity 3-on-3 game, Plumlees vs. Zellers back in their hometown. That would be fun to watch.

thenameisbond
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
The Waltons

Reilly
11-24-2010, 01:24 PM
... Dell could suit up for the Heat and still knock down threes as long as he is open. Shot doesn't diminish with age. ...

Bill Bradley (paraphrased): you don't lose your shot, you lose your ability to get your shot.

The line about Dell "suiting" up brings to mind a scene a VT friend described: Dell came back to a VT game to be honored, was in a suit (I think) and the fans clamored for him to shoot one more, and he did from far away and drained it, naturally ....

Reilly
11-24-2010, 01:25 PM
The Waltons

Sue Ellen couldn't go left.

dball
11-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Sue Ellen couldn't go left.

Maybe, but every time her brother drained a three, fans chanted "Good night, John boy"

Starter
11-24-2010, 06:39 PM
The Marburys. You had Eric, Donnie, Norman, Steph and Zack -- Sebastian Telfair was their cousin -- and I'm undoubtedly missing a few.

NovaScotian
11-28-2010, 10:20 PM
The Barry family.

seriously, the barrys have got to take the cake. they've even got a slam dunk competition champ.

BD80
11-29-2010, 09:22 AM
... The line about Dell "suiting" up brings to mind a scene a VT friend described: Dell came back to a VT game to be honored, was in a suit (I think) and the fans clamored for him to shoot one more, and he did from far away and drained it, naturally ....

Naturally? First Base!