PDA

View Full Version : Fox's Top Shooters (Laugh)

dbluedevil222
11-22-2010, 02:29 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/College-baseketball-preview-top-shooters-for-2010-11-season-112010

Not only does this list include 0 Duke players, but it also includes UNC's Reggie Bullock. I think that's hilarious.

Bluedevil114
11-22-2010, 07:25 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/College-baseketball-preview-top-shooters-for-2010-11-season-112010

Not only does this list include 0 Duke players, but it also includes UNC's Reggie Bullock. I think that's hilarious.

Especially when you have the Youtube video of Singler hitting all those trick shots. This is the worst list I have ever seen. How could not one Duke player be in the top 20 best shooters? Curry, Dawkins, Singler and Kyrie has been incredible from deep??

Gorilla
11-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Wow no dawkins or curry

CEF1959
11-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Goodman ain't a reporter. He's just another sports writer who gets up in the morning around 10 and looks for info on the internet, then writes his opinions about what he reads. That's 90 percent of sports "journalism" these days.

Notice how his list works: He pulled up the 3 point percentages from the last couple years of a lot of players, then put the ones with high percentages on his list. If you shoot 37% or higher from behind the line, you're one of the greatest. Regardless of whether you have anyone guarding people in your league or not. That's how Bullock (50% this year) made it. Oh, and don't include any Duke players. That's too predictable.

Funny thing: Duke as a team this year is shooting 44.7 percent from three. And last season, both Kyle and Nolan were 39%+ for the season.

Goodman = irrelevant = ignore.

sagegrouse
11-22-2010, 08:50 AM

You knew it was all over between Duke and Fox when long-time Republican Krzyzewski announced he had voted for Obama. If you thought Obama playing hoops with the UNC crowd would keep Duke in good graces with Rupert Murdoch, think again....

sagegrouse

Jderf
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Despite the glaring misses, you've gotta love that one of Goodman's top shooters in the country (#26) is Tyler Laser. Too bad he's not even higher on the list, because that name is just screaming for puns, epistrophe, chiasmus -- any kind of wordplay you can think of.

Deslok
11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Note the links to other posts Goodman's done. Best Frontcourts: Big, bad Heels. Quite unintentionally funny. He has the Heels with the #1 front court in all the land. Oops.

CameronBornAndBred
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Especially when you have the Youtube video of Singler hitting all those trick shots. This is the worst list I have ever seen. How could not one Duke player be in the top 20 best shooters? Curry, Dawkins, Singler and Kyrie has been incredible from deep??
Let 'em pick everyone else..doesn't matter. As the team poster says..."One".