PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know C++?

airowe
11-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I need a small favor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please pm me.

Thanks.

Jarhead
11-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I need a small favor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please pm me.

Thanks.

My answer is that I don't know C++ as a C++ programmer would. Also, I haven't looked at program code in over ten years, but I was chin deep in it for a long time starting when my Marine Corps career was winding down, and ending when I retired from my civilian career as an IT auditor. I learned to understand a little bit about C++, and didn't like it. In a comparison with my favorite language, PL/I, it seemed less intelligent in many ways. If you have to use it, though you'll have to go with it. I would look out in cyberspace for help on this, but I guess that is what you are doing with this thread. Not knowing what you plan to do with C++, all I can offer is a suggestion. Try Google. I searched on PL/I and C++and go a bunch of stuff. Give it a try.

DukeUsul
11-27-2010, 12:32 PM
My answer is that I don't know C++ as a C++ programmer would. Also, I haven't looked at program code in over ten years, but I was chin deep in it for a long time starting when my Marine Corps career was winding down, and ending when I retired from my civilian career as an IT auditor. I learned to understand a little bit about C++, and didn't like it. In a comparison with my favorite language, PL/I, it seemed less intelligent in many ways. If you have to use it, though you'll have to go with it. I would look out in cyberspace for help on this, but I guess that is what you are doing with this thread. Not knowing what you plan to do with C++, all I can offer is a suggestion. Try Google. I searched on PL/I and C++and go a bunch of stuff. Give it a try.

Oh dear lord. PL/I! I'm currently modernizing an old PL/I and JCL based system. For someone who was schooled in C++ and Java it's a real beast!