PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Colgate (Nov. 19, 2010)

Bob Green
11-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Who was the Man-of-the-Match against Colgate?

CameronBornAndBred
11-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Well...there's no poll...but I'm torn between Ryan, Andre and Kyrie. All three were awesome. I'll make up my mind while I sleep. What a great game.

Bob Green
11-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Well...there's no poll...

It takes a few seconds to post the poll. Try again! :cool:

CameronBornAndBred
11-19-2010, 11:02 PM
It takes a few seconds to post the poll. Try again! :cool:
I'm still sleeping on it!!http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif (http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/posting.php?mode=post&f=3#)

UpNorthDevil
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Definately Kyrie Irvng. Some of his moves tonight were just SICK! Really showed why he was regarded as one of the best players coming out of high School. Not to hate on Harrison Barnes but his performance tonight was one of the most dreadful I have ever seen from such a heralded player. I truly hope all the pre-season hype is not making him force his game too much. When we sweep Carolina this year I want them to be at their best.

coldriver10
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Kyrie is a man-beast.

Bob Green
11-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I went with Andre Dawkins for two reasons. First, his defense looks so much better this year, he had three steals tonight. Second, on a night Duke's field goal percentage was a bit shaky, Dawkins scores 16 points on 4-7 shooting from the field, including 3-5 from the bonusphere.

SuperTurkey
11-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Kyrie is the anti-Barnes, stuffing the stat sheet with positive integers.

SCMatt33
11-19-2010, 11:17 PM
I went with Ryan. I was extremely impressed with his game tonight. Despite only playing 16 minutes, he looked in control on the floor and seemed to be involved in every play. He made a ton of hustle plays and did the little things well. It will be huge for Duke going forward if he can keep this up against bigger, stronger, and faster teams. I'll have my eye on him in KC.

BTW, Kyrie played the best game and his A:TO is getting ridiculous, but I was just so impressed with Ryan that I had to give it to him.

OldPhiKap
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Very balanced game by the whole team. It seems that there were two players who dominated for specific periods: Kyrie early, and Ryan mid-first period to put it away.

I'll give it to Ryan, who got it done on both ends and stretched the lead early.

Great team win, and congrats to the efforts of all!

Bob Green
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I went with Ryan....He made a ton of hustle plays and did the little things well.

I made a comment in chat that Kelly was Mr. Charlie Hustle tonight.

OldPhiKap
11-19-2010, 11:25 PM

Does that mean he bet on the game?!?

Bob Green
11-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Does that mean he bet on the game?!?

Nope. But he did run to first base after being walked!

BleedsP287
11-19-2010, 11:27 PM
I could have voted for Kyrie, but really feel Kelly started to break out tonight so he gets my vote. So very good to see one of our bigs begin to really get in the groove.

jv001
11-19-2010, 11:29 PM

he won the "Wo-Jo" award tonight. Same hustle, better character. Go Duke!

CameronBornAndBred
11-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Ok..I couldn't go to sleep without voting. I went with my first instincts, which from early on in the game were for RK...his defense was insane..he was everywhere.

ElSid
11-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Went with Ryan as well.
He looks calm and in control out there. He made a number of heady plays that showed his high basketball IQ. A few steals, blocks, o-rebounds on the free throw line. Strokin' the 3. Just a really complete performance in only 16 minutes. And his full head of bushy hair and 30 pounds of muscle make him look pretty darn manly. Last year he was a real bean pole.
Hard to deny Kyrie this award, but he'll probably be winning ACC Freshman of the Week again so he can share with Ryan.
Also tough to deny Dawkins the award...almost scored a point a minute.

Love the fact Kelly can stroke the three and cause even more match up problems. Can't wait to play some tough competition.

ajgoodfella7
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
I went with Andre. I think he has been the most consistent Duke player to this point in the year, and that is saying something after his limited PT last year.

Newton_14
11-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Just got back from the game and settled in. What a game. Solid. I went with Kyrie. Could have easily voted for Andre or Ryan as well.

Great team performance!

UNC- HA HA HA HA HA

jipops
11-19-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm going with Kyrie here but I could easily be swayed to go in favor of 2 or 3 other guys. I think it says a lot about this team so far that the MOTM offers so many plausible candidates.

jipops
11-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Wait a second!! Nolan only has one vote so far!!? Sure he didn't shoot that great but he still had 16 and 9 assists. Amazing that numbers like that can only get you one vote. And I say that meaning it is a good thing.

SilkyJ
11-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I went with Andre Dawkins for two reasons. First, his defense looks so much better this year, he had three steals tonight. Second, on a night Duke's field goal percentage was a bit shaky, Dawkins scores 16 points on 4-7 shooting from the field, including 3-5 from the bonusphere.

I'm with Bob on this one. Dre's D might be the most noticeable difference of any of our returning players. His confidence seems to have risen as a result.

The backcourt is unbelievably stacked, as we all know, so I'll be watching our frontcourt rotation take shape. I've been underwhelmed so far.

IrishDevil
11-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I agree that having too many MOTM candidates is a nice problem to have. Though Andre, Kyrie, and Ryan all had exciting games in different ways, I went with Kyle. His shots weren't falling but he didn't force anything. Instead, he just stayed tough, let his offense come, and ended up with just 18 pts, 9 rebs (5 offensive), 2 stl, 7-8 FT in 22 min. And he was still recovering from food poisoning. Gritty, gutty game.

sivartrenrag
11-20-2010, 12:00 AM
It was between Ryan and Dre, and I chose Dre. He looked so much more confident tonight... I get the feeling that he's going to have an incredible season. Early in the game when he got that steal and slammed it (with authority!), I was just giddy.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Thought for a couple of seconds before I voted, and the choice became obvious to me. Voted and then saw that my choice was the over whelming choice of others too. Yes, Ryan had an impressive game, his basketball intelligence and instincts are superior and his development over the summer is a huge plus for us. Dre', Nolan and Kyle had solid games, but Kyrie was the man tonight. Leading the break, draining his first three 3's, flipping amazing passes, HE WAS THE MAN TONIGHT! :cool:

Lord Ash
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Kyrie... and I wish Coach K would stop pulling him when he is seconds away from a double double! That has happened TWICE now; stalled at 9 assists! Come on Coach, let the guy play!:)

4decadedukie
11-20-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm going with Kyrie here but I could easily be swayed to go in favor of 2 or 3 other guys. I think it says a lot about this team so far that the MOTM offers so many plausible candidates.

I agree, and I dd exactly the same thing. Let's hope this is Kyrie's first DBR MotM accolade -- universally acknowledged in college hoops as premier recognition -- during his FOUR YEAR (graduation included) CAREER AT DUKE.

wilko
11-20-2010, 07:17 AM
I woke up this am... read the names and went with a gut rection vote.

Ryan.
I have to show some props for the improvement and the hustle. The dude can Ball.

Anyone else think his new coiffure resembles Kevin McHale circa 1983?
Not dissing on the guy, just saying.. His game is really progressing. If he can keep this up against stiffer competition he might get a Ferry comparison at some point..

Hairston deserves a mention for his contribution as well. He has an edge to him. I like his game.

DevilHorns
11-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Ryan Kelly.

I believe he made a total of only 2 errors the whole night (the 'over-and-back' pass, and was a half-second too relaxed on contesting a 3). The guy just has a natural sense of the game. K said Ryan was going to be 'real good' during the Training Days ESPN Special and he's blossoming in front of our eyes. How many small plays did Ryan make yeserday? Steals, position& help defense, alley-oops, running the break? He is staking his claim as a legit starter on this team (especially if the plumlees consistently prove to be foul prone).

cascadedevil
11-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Voted for Andre, as I love how he is fitting in at the 3, and is showing he can guard bigger players..

However, I wish I could have voted for the Crazies. Cameron was ridiculously loud. I could not make out many of the cheers, but it was obvious the crowd got into the heads of several of the Colgate players. Keep it up Crazies!!!!

timmy c
11-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I was looking for the Daw-smi-ving option, but I couldn’t find it. I guess I won’t be voting this time out.