PDA

View Full Version : Kansas State

UpNorthDevil
11-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Got a chance to watch Kansa St/ Va Tech game the other night. Kansas St looked very impressive. Va Tech stayed with them for about 3/4's of the game but then fatigue and attrition due to fouls allowed them to pull away. The thing that impressed me the most (and scared me too) was the physicalness of their play. Their front court players are true beasts. This game, if it comes to pass, will be one of Duke's toughest tests all season. I've seen Michigan St play several time this year (I live in Mich now) and they do not look nearly as formidable. Win or lose we will finally have a good handle on where MP1. MP2 and Ryan Kelly are in their progress. Kyrie will also have his first true test in matching up with Jacob Pullen (although I have a feeling Nolan will draw this assignment).
Fearing the possible outcome, but really looking forward to this game.

PADukeMom
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM
We have 6 potentially huge games coming up in the next few weeks. This should give us our best indication of the team's progress & areas that need improvement upon.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-19-2010, 03:06 PM
We have 6 potentially huge games coming up in the next few weeks. This should give us our best indication of the team's progress & areas that need improvement upon.

I agree that KSU would potentially be our toughest challenge. As much as they scare me, I would love for us to play them even if it means we lose. It would give us a good idea of where we are at physically, especially MPI, MP2, and Kelly.

Their interior is pretty darn good with Jamar Samuels, Wally Judge, Jordan Henriquz-Roberts, Curtis Kelly, and Freddy Asprilla. Our guys would definitely need to come to play. I hope this match up happens, but I could easily see Gonzaga knocking these guys off.

jimsumner
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
I agree this should be a tough game, especially in Kansas City.

But before we annoint KSU as some sort of unstoppable force, it should be noted that they beat Presbyterian at home last night by nine points. This would be the same Presbyterian team ranked in the low 300s by Pomeroy, the same Presbyterian team that lost to Vanderbilt by 41.

If Kansas State brings that game to Monday night, they'll be in the consolation game Tuesday.

roywhite
11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I agree this should be a tough game, especially in Kansas City.

But before we annoint KSU as some sort of unstoppable force, it should be noted that they beat Presbyterian at home last night by nine points. This would be the same Presbyterian team ranked in the low 300s by Pomeroy, the same Presbyterian team that lost to Vanderbilt by 41.

If Kansas State brings that game to Monday night, they'll be in the consolation game Tuesday.

Yet, despite a relatively close game, K-State coaches apparently did not insist on the ejection of any of those wild and crazy Presbyterian Blue Hose fans.

mgtr
11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Yet, despite a relatively close game, K-State coaches apparently did not insist on the ejection of any of those wild and crazy Presbyterian Blue Hose fans.

People coming to this forum for the first time lately must think we are absolutely nuts! Good one, though.