PDA

View Full Version : puns

tecumseh
11-18-2010, 02:55 PM
My son is a nut about puns he can even pun in 4 languages...he says punning is an excellent mnemonic trick for learning new languages. Anyway since I have become more aware of puns I realized the only place they are really commonplace are in the sports pages, which are full of them. How many times will sportswriters compare Seth Curry and his shooting ability to spicy Indian food this year I can only guess. Carolina has Will Graves which has potential, Georgia Tech hard to pun about guys on the bench like Speller and Foreman, Virginia has a Baron some potential there, Wake has a Walker....but all in all I would have to say Curry is the preseason favorite for ACC bad puns in the press. Hopefully he will lead the nation because that will mean he will be serving up lots of spicy treys...sorry couldn't resist

roywhite
11-18-2010, 03:08 PM
My son is a nut about puns he can even pun in 4 languages...he says punning is an excellent mnemonic trick for learning new languages. Anyway since I have become more aware of puns I realized the only place they are really commonplace are in the sports pages, which are full of them. How many times will sportswriters compare Seth Curry and his shooting ability to spicy Indian food this year I can only guess. Carolina has Will Graves which has potential, Georgia Tech hard to pun about guys on the bench like Speller and Foreman, Virginia has a Baron some potential there, Wake has a Walker....but all in all I would have to say Curry is the preseason favorite for ACC bad puns in the press. Hopefully he will lead the nation because that will mean he will be serving up lots of spicy treys...sorry couldn't resist

Well, Graves has passed on.

Singler goes for double?

Playing inside is a Plum assignment?

Can Mason be a keystone?

dball
11-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Seth will curry favor with fans with his tasty assortment of shots.

Thank the Lord for Kyrie?

Kyrie does not "have mercy" on opponents (OK, obsure)

Tyler a thorn in opposing PG's side

Mason is building a legacy

All was quiet on the mountaintop as the waitstaff looked longingly out the chalet. Forbidden to use outdoor sporting activites (they were reserved for paying guests), they could only stare and admire the glistening wonderland. Suddenly, something roared out the back door and down the mountain. "What was that?" yelled a waiter. The protective line cook immediately warned " Sh!! Chef ski".

DukieTiger
11-18-2010, 03:31 PM
I see you, Kyrie Eleison. :D

Seth will curry favor with fans with his tasty assortment of shots.

Thank the Lord for Kyrie?

Kyrie does not "have mercy" on opponents (OK, obsure)

Tyler a thorn in opposing PG's side

Mason is building a legacy

All was quiet on the mountaintop as the waitstaff looked longingly out the chalet. Forbidden to use outdoor sporting activites (they were reserved for paying guests), they could only stare and admire the glistening wonderland. Suddenly, something roared out the back door and down the mountain. "What was that?" yelled a waiter. The protective line cook immediately warned " Sh!! Chef ski".

SCMatt33
11-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that you could come up with a list a few miles long for Miles...

dball
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that you could come up with a list a few miles long for Miles...

Athletic department indicated that the brothers Plumlee will no longer room together on the road. Evidently, the elder snores. Mason indicates Miles to go before he sleeps.

rasputin
11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I see you, Kyrie Eleison. :D

I'm a 53-year-old Catholic, and this would not get past anyone of said age and denomination.

DukieTiger
11-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm a 53-year-old Catholic, and this would not get past anyone of said age and denomination.

Not sure how that applies to 24 year old Baptist. I just know the song ;)

Deslok
11-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, unfortunately, if Mason were to take some three pointers, I think some words would be appropriate if he was Miles off target. If Singler gets a double dose of fouls, then Andre the Giant Killer might have to come in and defend some bigger players off the bench.

Of course, whoever Drew the defensive assignment at UNC to stay in front of Kyrie is pleading for mercy. A loss worse than last years causes Williams to roll over in his Graves. And when the Curry gets too hot, the Heels will try to Marshall their forces, but Henson can only find muppets to play with. They try to defend the rim like its Fort Knox, but Duke figures they must be Joshing because of the ease with which they shred the defense, giggling like kids eating McDonald's happy meals. UNC leaves Cameron dejected, trying to take solace in a postgame Bullock's BBQ.

yancem
11-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Athletic department indicated that the brothers Plumlee will no longer room together on the road. Evidently, the elder snores. Mason indicates Miles to go before he sleeps.

Ok now that was funny!

MCFinARL
11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, you can build something really strong with a Mason and a Smith. . . .

Devilsfan
11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Does anyone else think the Plumlees named the wrong son Mason. A Mason is very strong by trade and Miles seems to have the most "Mason" traits.

tecumseh
11-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Most excellent
Who said punning was dead and honestly this is the reason I read this board more than the moronic stuff on most athletic boards. (where does all that internet hate come from?)