PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga Loss

NashvilleDevil
11-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Just wondering since Gonzaga lost last night does that mean that San Diego St. will play K-State or was the game already scheduled and it's not really a tournament until the Kansas City games?

pfrduke
11-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Just wondering since Gonzaga lost last night does that mean that San Diego St. will play K-State or was the game already scheduled and it's not really a tournament until the Kansas City games?

The final four were pre-set. Gonzaga will still go to Kansas City and play K-State.

Bluedog
11-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Just wondering since Gonzaga lost last night does that mean that San Diego St. will play K-State?

No, Gonzaga still plays K-State. The "semifinals" is pre-determined so that there's really only four teams competing that are the highest profile and will bring in the most revenue essentially. The rest of the games are still considered part of the "tournament" simply because the NCAA then considers all four games as only one on the schedule...the other teams still play each other though, so everybody gets the four games in, so I guess they don't complain (those games are ALL pre-set unlike the championship/consolation games in Kansas City, which at least depend on who wins the first round).

superdave
11-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I think Digger picked Gonzaga to win it all this year, right? Would love to see his reaction.

Bob Green
11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
To add injury to insult, forward Elias Harris was injured in the game:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/nov/17/aztecs-pick-off-bulldogs/

“I think it’s my Achilles (tendon),” said Harris, who will have an MRI today. “I heard something pop. I couldn’t get up in the air and I couldn’t run any more.”

Losing Harris would be a big blow to the Zags.

NashvilleDevil
11-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. That is what I figured just wanted to see if my assumption was correct.

cato
11-17-2010, 12:40 PM
I think Digger picked Gonzaga to win it all this year, right? Would love to see his reaction.

SDSU is pretty good this year. Should be a tournament team. I don't think that you can tell all that much from a November loss to a tournament team. Certainly, there is plenty of time to turn it around.

That said, I don't understand the pick of Gonzaga to win it all, unless you're just trying to hit it big in Vegas (and that line still probably doesn't make sense).