PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, the best athlete in the NFL...

JasonEvans
11-15-2010, 09:38 PM
...is have a whole season in just the first quarter of the game.

As I write this, Michael Vick is 9-for-9 throwning the ball for 229 yards passing and 3 TDs. He is averaging 25+ yards per play every time he passes the ball. He has run for another TD where he just made everyone else look like they were playing a different game. Did I mention that they are less than one minute into the second quarter?

The very first play of the game was a ridiculous almost-90 yard TD pass that he threw on a line 65-yards in the air to Deshaun Jackson. The safety could not make a play on it because he could not believe that Vick could throw the ball that far.

It has just been wow. It is like watching an adult play against children. Vick just does stuff that no one else can do.

-Jason "If McNabb is worth 80-ish million over 5 years, what is Vick worth? $200 million?" Evans

JasonEvans
11-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Vick just ran for another TD.

And he just threw a 40-yard laser to Jason Avant.

2-minute warning for the first half. Vick has accounted for nearly 350 yards of total offense. He has 3 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs. The Eagles have 7 TDs so far. They are toying with the Skins... and the Skins are not that bad.

The Eagles may cover the Vegas "over" line in the first half all by themselves. Sick.

--Jason "he is from another planet" Evans

DevilHorns
11-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Phenomenal. Silly now to think many believed he wouldn't ever be back to pro form after his incarceration.

I wonder if next year's Madden video game will have a better Vick than when he was on the Falcons. He is easily a pro bowler this year with that incredible QB rating if he stays healthy.

hedevil
11-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I believe they have 6 touchdowns and a field goal.

Either way, it is an embarrassment for the Skins.

ncexnyc
11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Vick haters will be here in 3-2-1:D

cf-62
11-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Watched a few minutes in the 3rd quarter for fun. Hate the Eagles. Hate the Skins. But that was absolutely amazing and fun to watch a single player eat up a game like that.

And - going into the game - I believe he was the highest rated QB in the league. I was not a Vick fan when he was in ATL - mainly because he was the nemesis of the Panthers - but his revival is absolutely incredible. Talk about maturing.

DukieBoy
11-16-2010, 02:00 AM
I needed Vick to score me 13 points to win my fantasy game this week.

He got 59

Deslok
11-16-2010, 03:10 AM
For fantasy football, my entire team got outscored by 3 Eagles my opponent had, Vick, Jackson, and Akers(and of course, to add insult to injury, the Washington defense, which let up those 59 points, still managed to be 1 point better than my Chiefs defense, who let up 49 and couldn't even manage a sack... sigh).

roywhite
11-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Remarkable performance by Vick. Nearly impossible for a team to defend him when he plays like that. It was a treat to watch.

pacificrounder
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I went in to my fantasy football game down 135-55 and had lost all hope. I had Vick, Maclin, and McCoy going into MNF -- Vick with 62, McCoy with 20, Maclin with 18 -- and won the game 155 - 140 (he had Cooley). Just a stunning performance (in real life and for fantasy purposes) by the entire Philly offense, and especially Vick.

mkirsh
11-16-2010, 11:37 AM
According to the QB rating formula, Drew Brees's 23-30, 369 yard, 4 TD performance last year against the Giants and his 18-23, 371 yard, 5 TD game against the Pats last year score higher than vick's 20-28, 333 yards, and 4 TDs, but when you throw in 80 yards on the ground on 10 carries with 2 TD's - was that the single greatest QB performance in history?

AtlBluRew
11-16-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm a Vick hater, or at least I was. After last night's performance I'm softening a bit. He's clearly become a good passer and matured. I have to admit he seems to have matured in other ways too. But none of that stopped me from saying this morning, as I was talking about the game, that Vick beat the Redskins like they were little dogs. ;)

JasonEvans
11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
More of the ridiculousness that is Michael Vick.

He has played a little less than half of Philly's offensive snaps this year. Despite that, his 151 points make him the 7th highest rated player (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaders?seasonId=2010) in ESPN's Fantasy Football game. He trails Arian Foster by 29 points for first place.

If we pretend like he was healthy and the starter all year and we double his points, he would have more points than Tom Brady and Drew Brees COMBINED!

He is almost a one-man fantasy team.

I was playing against him in one league this week. I had a great week from several of my players and had a healthy 50 point lead going into the Monday night game. I would have lost if I did not have Jeremy Macklin, who was the recipient of one of Vick's TD passes allowing me to hold on to victory.

I am probably one of the only Fantasy teams out there that managed to beat a team that started Vick this week. Whew!

In my other league, I have Vick on my team. I won my game this week by 70 points... that's more than many teams score in a single week.

-Jason "wow, just wow" Evans

Mal
11-16-2010, 01:00 PM
All I know is that I don't think I've ever had my breath taken away on the first play of a game quite like that before.

First was the effortlessness with which Vick launched that ball 65 yards. On a rope. I mean, it made me gasp. The last and only other guy I've seen with the ability to fling it that far and look like he was hardly trying was Randall Cunningham. I wouldn't be shocked if Vick could throw the ball 85 yards in the air.

And then DeSean Jackson's acceleration! Good lord, that's a sixth gear. Landry didn't have a chance. When the ball left Vick's hand, in addition to thinking "Wow, what an arm" I thought "too bad he's gonna overthrow his receiver by 15 yards."

When Jackson caught it I literally laughed out loud and whooped. And I couldn't have cared less about the game from the perspective of cheering for one team or the other. That two human beings did what they did right there was amazing.

pacificrounder
11-16-2010, 01:16 PM
If you haven't seen the video of the Vick to Jackson 88 yarder, here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJXihvi3znc). Toward the end there is a slow-mo replay and it is just awesome to watch what a great pass Vick threw. Perfect rotation, perfectly placed...just perfect.

throatybeard
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I have Vick in three of my four leagues. I went into MNF needing 34 out of him to tie. Piece of cake.

cf-62
11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Remember when fans of the Panthers were claiming they didn't want MV7?

What an upgrade that would have been.

C

elvis14
11-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm a Redskins fan so I'll admit that I should have been really upset by the Monday night game. But, I felt going in that Vick was just going to kill us and the game showed that I was right, sadly. I stopped being upset and just enjoyed the Mike Vick show and it was a good one!

On a side note, despite getting burned Monday night LaRon Landry is having a great season for the Redskins. He is just hitting everybody....hard! I hope that next season when the Eagles play the Redskins that D. Jackson remembers the trash talking and showboating he did tonight because I have a feeling that Landry's not going to forget it!

That's a side, point however. Mostly I just wanted to agree with others that Vick's performance was spectacular to the point where even a Redskins fan could get over the game itself and just enjoy!

dukebluelemur
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
There was never any doubt that he is a phenomenal athlete... but he is still scum. I hate that athletic success in our society makes people overlook serious character flaws.

cato
11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
I hate that athletic success in our society makes people overlook serious character flaws.

I'd say your statement would be equally true if you deleted the word "athletic".

Deslok
11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Thought it would be apropos to include this link (http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=5811462) from ESPN that shows that Vick's performance would be the 3rd best performance, fantasy wise, by any player since the 2000 season.