PDA

View Full Version : Not all Terps are created equal

terps84
11-15-2010, 09:34 PM
To my Duke competitors: Thanks for letting me on the board to share a different type of Terp perspective. I'm a double major graduate from 1984 and have followed ACC basketball/all sports since birth. To most of you I'm old (48), but we all have a common love of our universities and invest a lot of emotions when it's game time. I do not endorse the expletive laden cheers and have been embarrassed while with my children when it happens against Duke or any other competitor. It's wrong and void of intelligence. Real school spirit is creative, funny, and gets under the other teams skin. Most Maryland alumni does not endorse the thug mentality with F*** Y** chants and nasty personal remarks. I am attending my first Cameron Indoor game on January 9th in section 6 and traveling from my home in Seattle. I look forward to the atmosphere and no matter what the outcome I'll have a beer with any Duke fan after the game. Good luck in all the games except two. I can't wait for January. Peace

DukeUsul
11-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Welcome!

We love having voices of reasonable fans of our opponents on here for discussion. Looking forward to your contributions.

JasonEvans
11-15-2010, 10:36 PM
You should pay attention to the posts of GW7, who is a Duke fan but also someone who admires and supports the Terps. His analysis of their games are always excellent.

-Jason "welcome - you'll be treated honorably here-- what you reap, you shall sow" Evans

Lord Ash
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
As someone who has a near and dear friend who is a Terp, and who is so embarrassed by the really juvenile (at best) antics of the current Maryland fans, I can vouch that there are good Terp fans out there. Juan Dixon is still my all-time favorite non-Dukie (or at least is tied with Antawn J.) Welcome on board, nice to hear from another sane Terp fan:)

Oh, and while to most of the internet community you might be old, around here you are just about in the middle I would reckon:)

SCMatt33
11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Welcome. You picked a good time to join the board as about half of us are currently rooting for the Terps OOC. (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?22926-Do-you-Root-For-Maryland-Out-of-Conference)

Bluedevil114
11-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the board!! As a Duke fan that lives in Terp country and most of my friends being Terp fans I know that this is the case. It is the students that are the worst at the games and it is not endorsed my the majority of the rest of the fans enjoying the game. Most Terp fans hate Duke but the ones that know basketball will always say they respect Duke.

The one thing I hate most about Terp fans even the knowledgeable fans is that it is always someone elses fault why they lost the game. Usually the refs or the old Duke gets all the calls. Besides that Terp fans are very loyal and will support their team no matter what their record is.