PDA

View Full Version : Duke "One" team posters on sale today

Philsfan
11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Just a reminder that the "One" signed team poster goes on sale today.
Just called the BB office at 919-613-7500 and got right through.
What a great deal! Let's go Duke!!

ScreechTDX1847
11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Is that the only way to get them and are they signed? How much are they?

blazindw
11-15-2010, 09:12 AM
They're $20 each. It took me a few times but just got through!

Philsfan
11-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Is that the only way to get them and are they signed? How much are they?

Yes. They're hand signed and $20 each. She said the card will be charged/posters shipped sometime around Christmas.

matts83
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Can you order them on-line?

Lord Ash
11-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh man... if only I had a place/reason to hang one up, I totally would get one:(

toothmechanic72
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Finally got through to order one!

DukeSean
11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
be patient, may take awhile to get through today. FYI there are no limits as to how many posters you would like to order.

cbnaylor
11-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I know that the posters are going for sell but what about the basketballs that Nolan and the gang were signing on behind Duke basketball on ESPN?

CameronBornAndBred
11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks tons for the reminder Philsfan...I was on hold for less than 5 minutes. Put in an order for 2, one for me, one as a present. She said they will be shipped before Christmas, so if you get one to give away you should get it in time to put under the tree.

Bluedog
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Got one! Awesome deal! Thanks for the heads up. :D

SmartDevil
11-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Got mine...ordertaker mentioned they were limited to 800.

CameronBornAndBred
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM

Good...we don't want the entire team's hands cramping up.

DukeSean
11-15-2010, 10:52 AM

that's true, I just meant that while supplies last, there apparently is no order limit.

Huh?
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for that heads up, just got it. Stoked.

Smitty1911
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Just a reminder that the "One" signed team poster goes on sale today.
Just called the BB office at 919-613-7500 and got right through.
What a great deal! Let's go Duke!!

Thanks for posting. Just got one for me and one for the folks!

gls6
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks for posting. Just got one for me and one for the folks!

Oh wow I hope I can get one. I just called and left a message, so hopefully they will call me back!

noyac
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
http://epos7-phx.sequoiars.com/ePOS?store=106&item_number=65401&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail.html&design=106#

Looks like 457 left....and counting. Assuming that is accurate. It has been decreasing when I refresh sometimes (although somehow it increased once!). Probably not up to the second accurate...

I think you linked the team poster that is available through GoDuke or in the team shop. They did not post the autographed team poster you just have to call.

theAlaskanBear
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
busy signals...they keep DCing me. :(

Bluedog
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I think you linked the team poster that is available through GoDuke or in the team shop. They did not post the autographed team poster you just have to call.

Right, definitely have to call to get the signed poster. I thought it might be possible that that link still had a correct count, but now I realize that makes no sense. My bad...

ScreechTDX1847
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
By the way, thanks so much for posting this link. I got five posters for myself and friends and family. What a good Christmas gift for a Duke fan!

CLW
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks to the OP in the other thread for the tip. Ordered two this morning (one for me and one for my brother/nephew).

Should make for an EXCELLENT (and affordable) Christmas gift!

ThePublisher
11-15-2010, 12:34 PM
It was busy, busy, busy, busy. Then I finally got through and ordered 2 posters. What a steal for a poster with at least 7 NBA signatures on it. Not to mention a lot of 2 time National Champs. =)

ajgoodfella7
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Philsfan- thanks so much for the reminder. I called about an hour ago and I didn't even have to wait it went straight to the bball office. I ordered one for myself and one for my brother for Christmas.

hedevil
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Whew. I got mine ordered just now. I had to call for about ten continuous minutes and finally got through. I was afraid they would be out of them. I'm stoked!
Thanks for the heads up.

pacificrounder
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
I just called to order mine and got straight through to the bball office on the first try. Just an FYI though, the woman said they are no longer guaranteeing delivery by Christmas...

DukeDiva
11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
I just ordered 2, but there is no longer a guarantee they will be here by Christmas.

joeduke1
11-15-2010, 02:03 PM
how are you guys getting through to order posters? I live in Durham and since 1030 or so all I get at this number is a recording that says no one is available in the office so leave a message. I left a return number to call but have not heard from anyone as of yet, almost 4 hours later. Is anyone else getting this message?

ajgoodfella7
11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
how are you guys getting through to order posters? I live in Durham and since 1030 or so all I get at this number is a recording that says no one is available in the office so leave a message. I left a return number to call but have not heard from anyone as of yet, almost 4 hours later. Is anyone else getting this message?

I must have gotten lucky because I called once around 12:00 and it went straight to a lady in the basketball office and she put my order in. I didn't even have to wait a second on hold.

DukeDiva
11-15-2010, 02:13 PM

I called and left a message but after I didn't hear anything I called until I got a person. I just hit redial 5 or 6 times.

gnopgip
11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
The phone number definitely works, just have to keep trying until they answer. Also got the warning it may not ship by Christmas, which makes me think the team will be working overtime to sign more posters! Hopefully this won't cut into their practice.

Did anyone watch the ESPNU episode where Nolan took them on a tour, and then there was the endless hallway of paraphenelia to sign? I almost feel bad for ordering one.

Hopefully this won't jinx the team like the only other time I got an autographed poster, the 1999 team...

chrisj59
11-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I called the basketball office and got through at around 1 and was told theres no guarantee they will be here by Christmas.

hedevil
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know the measurements of these posters (I'd like to keep an eye out for a nice frame), and whether the poster can be viewed anywhere right now (minus the signatures of course)?

While I'm on a roll as far as the questions are concerned, does anyone have one of these posters from teams of the past that they could post to give me an idea of what to expect? I'm really excited about this purchase.

Greatly appreciated!

matts83
11-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know if they are sold out yet? And will they be selling the Basketballs later?

ajgoodfella7
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know the measurements of these posters (I'd like to keep an eye out for a nice frame), and whether the poster can be viewed anywhere right now (minus the signatures of course)?

While I'm on a roll as far as the questions are concerned, does anyone have one of these posters from teams of the past that they could post to give me an idea of what to expect? I'm really excited about this purchase.

Greatly appreciated!

You can view the poster without the signatures at GoDuke, but it doesn't list the measurements.

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=351&store=106&item_number=65401&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106#

FireOgilvie
11-15-2010, 11:01 PM

Greatly appreciated!

Someone said in another thread that the poster is 27 by 27 inches.

hedevil
11-15-2010, 11:12 PM
ajgoodfella7 - Thanks for the link.

FireOgilvie -Thank you.

DukeGirl4ever
11-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Took a couple tries but I got through today and ordered 2 of them!
I was hoping they would get here in time for Christmas but they now say they won't be delivered until after Christmas.

OH well, I'm still giddy with excitement!

Thanks for posting this! Living up in PA, I often don't get to hear about stuff like this!

Btw, did someone answer the question as to how big? 16x20?
I'd like to get a frame....

DukeGirl4ever
11-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Someone said in another thread that the poster is 27 by 27 inches.

I just measured the GoodFellas one from last year and the Band of Brothers from 05-06 and they measure 24x36. I would think this one would be the same size.

kingboozer
11-16-2010, 08:30 AM
just got mine, the lady picked up almost immediately after i dialed

DevilHorns
11-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Just called. Took 7 tries between 8:15-8:30 this morning. Order has been restored in my life now.

So excited.

ivduke
11-16-2010, 08:44 AM
I just measured the GoodFellas one from last year and the Band of Brothers from 05-06 and they measure 24x36. I would think this one would be the same size.

The posters are not the same size as past years posters. They are a square and measure 27x27, not a rectangle as in the past. I have most of them going back to the 86-87 team and they have varied in size throughout the years. I recommend you plan on spending about $100 to get them framed professionally---this will include dry mounting on to a posterboard material, UV protected glass to prevent fading, and then a nice black metal frame with a wire hanging kit. It is worth spending the money on, as the ones I have done look fantastic even after 20+ years.

DukeGirl4ever
11-16-2010, 09:16 AM
The posters are not the same size as past years posters. They are a square and measure 27x27, not a rectangle as in the past. I have most of them going back to the 86-87 team and they have varied in size throughout the years. I recommend you plan on spending about $100 to get them framed professionally---this will include dry mounting on to a posterboard material, UV protected glass to prevent fading, and then a nice black metal frame with a wire hanging kit. It is worth spending the money on, as the ones I have done look fantastic even after 20+ years.

Thanks for the info! I would have ASSumed they would have been 24x36 like the other 2 I have, but that's nice to know. I got one for my brother who still lives at home (at the wonderful age of 26) and I'm not sure I want to spend that much to get it framed (for him at least)!
I have my other two laminated and hanging on my bulletin board at school but they are not signed, so the lamination has been good for me. I'd never do that to the signed one, though, because you never know if it can get jammed in the laminator!

matts83
11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
So I was so happy this morning when someone answered and I ordered 1 and forgot to ask if there is shipping cost?

Cant wait to hang this in my office! :D

DukeGirl4ever
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
So I was so happy this morning when someone answered and I ordered 1 and forgot to ask if there is shipping cost?

Cant wait to hang this in my office! :D

I asked when I called - she said NO and that it was included in the cost of the poster!

matts83
11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I asked when I called - she said NO and that it was included in the cost of the poster!

Thanks for the clarification.

dukefanSD
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I ordered mine this morning and got through right away, she did say they would not be shipping until after christmas, but that's ok, I'm so happy that I got one.!!

GLTBD
11-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know if they are sold out yet? And will they be selling the Basketballs later?

When I ordered my signed poster yesterday, I did ask about signed basketballs. The lady said the signed basketballs are for auctions only.

matts83
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
When I ordered my signed poster yesterday, I did ask about signed basketballs. The lady said the signed basketballs are for auctions only.

That sucks. O well I guess I will have to bid on a few to get one. Thanks for finding that out. I would try Ebay but Im just worried that I wouldnt get the real thing.

chrisj59
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
That sucks. O well I guess I will have to bid on a few to get one. Thanks for finding that out. I would try Ebay but Im just worried that I wouldnt get the real thing.

If you have any questions as to what is authentic on Ebay I can verify any of that for you. I have quite a few things signed by this team and know what is real and what is fake as far their signatures and what sellers are selling fakes as well. just send me a message with the ebay item number and i'll let you know if its real or not.

matts83
11-16-2010, 05:19 PM
If you have any questions as to what is authentic on Ebay I can verify any of that for you. I have quite a few things signed by this team and know what is real and what is fake as far their signatures and what sellers are selling fakes as well. just send me a message with the ebay item number and i'll let you know if its real or not.

Sounds good, I just might have to do that if I cant get my hands on one from an auction.

Its almost game time!!!

strawbs
11-16-2010, 06:39 PM
called about 430 today (central time) and got right through. Thank you philsfan for starting this thread, this is going to make a great xmas present. And even though im sure none of them will see this, thank you to the team for taking the time to sign all of these posters!

Philsfan
11-18-2010, 03:27 PM
called about 430 today (central time) and got right through. Thank you philsfan for starting this thread, this is going to make a great xmas present. And even though im sure none of them will see this, thank you to the team for taking the time to sign all of these posters!

No problem, everyone. Happy to help!

Cameron
11-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Ordered two today, one for me and another for me. (I plan on waiting until all posters are sold out and then will mark the second poster up to whatever the market ceiling is on eBay. I'll sell the first poster for much more.) Great value.

Like others, it took almost three days worth of calling during free moments at work to finally get through and actually reach a human. But the time and determination put forth was well worth it. Obviously joking about selling. These are priceless pieces of art for Duke fans and honestly I wouldn't part with any of my Duke memorabilia.

The bad news, however, is that the lady on the other end of the phone said the posters will not be available until April. Perhaps she was misinformed or I heard her wrong, but I believe this is the case. Oh well. Anyone else hear this?

kingboozer
11-19-2010, 12:37 AM
The bad news, however, is that the lady on the other end of the phone said the posters will not be available until April. Perhaps she was misinformed or I heard her wrong, but I believe this is the case. Oh well. Anyone else hear this?

gosh i hope not, the lady i spoke with made it sound like it MIGHT be around Christmas but definately soon after

Lord Ash
11-19-2010, 07:04 AM

Maybe she misunderstood what you said and was talking about the 2010-11 Championship poster?

Philsfan
11-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Maybe she misunderstood what you said and was talking about the 2010-11 Championship poster?

Read on the Rivals.com board that callers were told that if you got in early (like the first hour or so) on Monday that you'd get the poster before Christmas. Apparently the office got slammed by the demand and callers later on were told that shipping could indeed extend out to Spring. Someone mentioned that the team would take a day during the Christmas break to sign more, though I'm not sure if that info was from the BB office.

Cameron
11-19-2010, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure this was the case, but I'm not arguing it:D

And thanks for the additional info, Philsfan. That sucks (since I didn't order until Wednesday), but it will certainly be worth the wait when it's up and hanging. Maybe they'll end up getting more sent out than they previously thought.

dukefriar
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Just got off the phone from ordering a signed team poster.
I was informed the shipping date will be as late as April. Credit card will not be charged until close to the shipping date.

So, if you see your card charged from an early order I assume yours will be shipped sooner rather than later. If you card is not charged... Assume you will see something in the spring.

ajgoodfella7
11-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Read on the Rivals.com board that callers were told that if you got in early (like the first hour or so) on Monday that you'd get the poster before Christmas. Apparently the office got slammed by the demand and callers later on were told that shipping could indeed extend out to Spring. Someone mentioned that the team would take a day during the Christmas break to sign more, though I'm not sure if that info was from the BB office.

I ordered 2 around 12:30 on Monday and she said they would ship before Christmas so I'm hopeful that not just the first callers will get them.

lilblue
11-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Just ordered me 2. Got through on the first try first ring, I was pretty surprised! The man said that they wouldn't be going out until April... OK by me, just happy I got mine!:D

noyac
12-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone has received their poster yet. I have not and it is supposed to be a gift for Christmas.

CameronBornAndBred
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has received their poster yet. I have not and it is supposed to be a gift for Christmas.
Unless you were very early in the ordering, I would plan on wrapping a nice I.O.U., and even if you were very early in the ordering, I would still count on wrapping that I.O.U.. If you read through the thread you get the picture that it might not be until April that you get the poster. I placed my order for two before lunch on the first day, and I'm not counting on seeing them any time soon.

CLW
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Unless you were very early in the ordering, I would plan on wrapping a nice I.O.U., and even if you were very early in the ordering, I would still count on wrapping that I.O.U.. If you read through the thread you get the picture that it might not be until April that you get the poster. I placed my order for two before lunch on the first day, and I'm not counting on seeing them any time soon.

For what it is worth I have not received the two I ordered either. I called at 9:00 a.m. and ordered 2. Looks like I'll need a Christmas miracle to get mine and a surprise gift for my brother under the tree. That being said, I'm more than happy to wait.

noyac
12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
For what it is worth I have not received the two I ordered either. I called at 9:00 a.m. and ordered 2. Looks like I'll need a Christmas miracle to get mine and a surprise gift for my brother under the tree. That being said, I'm more than happy to wait.

I ordered mine around 9 am too. The guy said it should be here by Christmas but I am not holding my breath.

Philsfan
12-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I just looked at the rivals site and someone posted this. I don't know the source, but for what it's worth...

There are going to be two batches of the signed posters, 800 in the first and 800 in the second (from what I was told)...the first batch, which will be the first 800 orders recieved starting at Nov. 15h 8:30am will be shipped before Christmas and you will be getting them this week (Wens or Thurs for NC residents). The bad news is the 2nd batch will not be shipped until late March or early April. My credit card was charged Friday and I called right at 8:30am on Nov. 15th and completed my order...so if your card hasn't been charged or isn't charged very soon, I would have to guess you would be in the 2nd batch of orders.