PDA

View Full Version : if mcroberts goes to the 76rs

jimbonelson
06-12-2007, 09:03 AM
is this good news for shav??

yancem
06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Unless Shav comes roaring back I think the 76's drafting McRoberts would mean at least the end of his time in Philli and maybe the NBA. That would be a shame because I feel like if Shav can string together a a few healthy years (I know that's a big if) he might turn out to be a pretty solid contributor.

jaimedun34
06-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Are you a Sixers fan? I'm just wondering :)

I think the addition of McRoberts to the Sixers would hurt Shav's minutes a bit. I think what would hurt more is if Joe Smith was resigned which I think will happen. The Sixers have Dalembert and Hunter who also play in the post. I am confident that Shav could beat out Hunter in the rotation, though. Shavlik is a good team defender and a better rebounder than his numbers show. Also, Shav has a much higher basketball IQ than Dalembert and Hunter (COMBINED!). Dalembert/Hunter have great athleticism and that accounts for one highlight block or dunk per night, but they lack the basketball instincts and skill level to make a bigger difference.

JasonEvans
06-12-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't see how or why Josh would affact Shav in Philly. Philly is very short on quality big men and Shav is a cheap alternative at a little more than a million for next season. I'd be shocked not to see Shav on the Sixers roster when the season opens next year. The only way I see it happening is if his recovery from that horrible leg injury is not complete.

-Jason "I think Shav could be a good compliment to Josh, as Shav makes his living by banging and Josh prefers playing away from the paint" Evans

mapei
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Philly seems to be very interested in Jeff Green as well. All their top brass came down to Georgetown the other day to watch his workout and talk to him. Of course, I'm hoping Jeff won't be available to the NBA for another year. ;) We'll know for sure in a few days.

SilkyJ
06-13-2007, 12:12 AM
I think Jeff Green is the most underrated player in the draft. He's my early pick for ROY next year.

JasonEvans
06-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I think Jeff Green is the most underrated player in the draft. He's my early pick for ROY next year.

No way Jeff Green is on the board when Philly picks at #21... no way! If he is, several NBA GMs should lose their jobs. He's easily a top 10 pick, IMO.

-Jason "why would Philly want a wing? That's the one thing they have" Evans

jaimedun34
06-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Billy King said he was going best player available at #12. That's not what I would do, but King usually drafts well... He just can't keep the players for some reason.

SilkyJ
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
No way Jeff Green is on the board when Philly picks at #21... no way! If he is, several NBA GMs should lose their jobs. He's easily a top 10 pick, IMO.

-Jason "why would Philly want a wing? That's the one thing they have" Evans

I was referring to their earlier pick, 12 I believe. As for another wing: please do not underestimate Billy's incompetence...similar to another GM named Billy with whom you are quite familiar ;)

JasonEvans
06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I was referring to their earlier pick, 12 I believe. As for another wing: please do not underestimate Billy's incompetence...similar to another GM named Billy with whom you are quite familiar ;)

I'm an idiot. I was thinking about the Sixer's pick at #21, which is where they would likely be looking at Josh (unless they grab him a few picks earlier than expected at #12).

-Jason "duuuuh!" Evans