PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Lax Champs To Receive Championship Rings At BC Game

blazindw
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
This information was just passed to me by my good friend in Duke PT...the 2010 Men's Lacrosse National Championship team will be honored at halftime of the BC game on Saturday. There, they will receive their championship rings to commemorate an incredible season that was capped off with an epic 6-5 overtime victory in the title game against Notre Dame.

I can't be there Saturday, but hopefully many others will take my place in cheering on our football team to victory and saluting a lacrosse team that brought more championship hardware back to Durham!

DukieInKansas
11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I so wish I could be there to cheer for both the 2010 lacrosse national champions and the Duke football team.

Would someone please yell for me?

alteran
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
My brother and I will hold our coats to our side and shake them. From the field, it'll look like a couple really skinny people cheering like mad. ;)

Thanks for the heads up about the Lax presentation.

DukieInKansas
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
My brother and I will hold our coats to our side and shake them. From the field, it'll look like a couple really skinny people cheering like mad. ;)

Thanks for the heads up about the Lax presentation.

Thanks! I've always wanted to be skinny. :D

MCFinARL
11-11-2010, 02:00 PM
If you can't be there on Saturday, or even if you can, you might enjoy celebrating the lax championship with this great YouTube video of C.J. Costabile's amazing winning goal at the beginning of overtime and the ensuing celebration. The footage of John and Matt Danowski at the big moment would be a delight to watch even if you didn't know about the team's difficult history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oty-GAM-NEI

DukieInKansas
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Thank you for posting that link. I am so incredibly proud of those young men.

4decadedukie
11-12-2010, 07:21 AM
I can't be there Saturday, but hopefully many others will take my place in cheering on our football team to victory and saluting a lacrosse team that brought more championship hardware back to Durham!

Unfortunately, I, too, cannot attend. However, my cheers and my heart go out to our 20101 National Championship Men's Lacrosse team and to our much-improved football program (players, coaches, and so forth)!

davekay1971
11-12-2010, 08:14 AM
This information was just passed to me by my good friend in Duke PT...the 2010 Men's Lacrosse National Championship team will be honored at halftime of the BC game on Saturday. !

Well, we can at least count on the Lacrosse team to be at the game. That's about 15 students. That, plus the football team, and we're already approaching 100 Duke students in attendance!

The other 5500 or so will, of course, be in the library studying or out performing wonderful acts of community service.

The above humor aside, congratulations again to the lacrosse team! Winning a national championship is worthy of the recognition and appreciation of the full Duke community (including any students who can work it into their jam-packed schedule to come out and clap their hands)...

Devilsfan
11-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Will President Broadhead be there to present the rings?