PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question

em0526
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I know these hypotheticals are pointless - but a buddy of mine and I were debating this question: If Bobby Hurley's career was not cut short because of his accident, could he have had a career like another brilliant playmaker and passer - Steve Nash? I am a HUGE Bobby fan and I think he could have had a similar impact to Nash depending on what situation he was playing in.

Richard Berg
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Maybe!

(I win, thread over)

jimsumner
06-11-2007, 10:29 PM
I think Nash was above Bobby's ceiling. The guy has been an NBA MVP. Hurley wasn't going to be the NBA MVP. But I do believe a healthy Hurley would have been a solid NBA starter for a decade, making the top ten in assists on a regular basis.

mepanchin
06-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I think it really depends on what kind of team he played with. Nash benefits a lot (as does his team) from having guys like Diaw, Barbosa, Marion and Stoudamire who are all legitimately very good to great players themselves. If Hurley got on a team with lots of talent, I think he could have had a great NBA career.

heyman25
06-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Duke should try a Phoenix style offense. We are overweighted with wings so we might as well use them all. Hurley was not as big as Nash,but he would have had a solid NBA career.

We got Scheyer,Nelson, Henderson,Smith Pocius that could keep us quick and speedy.Paulus will have a better year for sure. Next season will be a challenge. I just hope Singler does not disappoint.

Classof06
06-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with whoever said it depends on the system. The Phoenix Suns' offense and personnel is literally a perfect fit for Steve Nash and his game. Nash has always been good, but he was in the league for quite a while before he was considered one of the elite players in the game.

Clipsfan
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I agree with whoever said it depends on the system. The Phoenix Suns' offense and personnel is literally a perfect fit for Steve Nash and his game. Nash has always been good, but he was in the league for quite a while before he was considered one of the elite players in the game.

I think that Nash also worked on his shot, which has helped elevate him to his elite status. He was always a good passer, and while the Phoenix offense/players do help his assists, I think that the fact that he can take and make the hard shots has had as large of/a larger difference.