PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Season Guarantees

timmy c
11-09-2010, 01:31 PM
My 13 guarantees for the 2010-11 season:

1) Dick Vitale will use the words “Diaper Dandy” 1,349 times. This will be followed, in the next sentence, by the acronym “PTP” at least 42% of the time.
2) “If only we had Kanter”, will be uttered by every UK fan after early season losses. If/when he is ruled eligible, they will be quoted saying, “If only we had Cousins, Wall, etc.”
3) Jay Bilas and Seth Davis will be called biased for putting Duke at the top of their rankings.
4) News & Observer will print the following headline: “UNC loses – Ole Roy not to blame”
5) Kyrie Irving will have a tough game and someone at DBR will go Chicken Little.
6) Seth Greenberg (VT) will finally jump for joy on selection Sunday.
7) Steve Donahue (BC) will not interview for any job openings.
8) Sydney Lowe (NC State) will not be fired this year.
9) You will be rooting for Bernard James after reading http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2010/05/10/around-the-world-bernard-james-trades-iraq-for-florida-state-ba
10) Jordan Williams will average a double-double.
11) Duke alum will whisper that the crazies aren’t what they used to be.
12) Gary Williams dry cleaning bill will be covered in sweat.
13) My daughter will look at my wife in April and ask, “Why is daddy so happy?”

OZZIE4DUKE
11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
You got that right! :cool:
http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/happy/bouncyblue.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

superdave
11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
3) Jay Bilas and Seth Davis will be called biased for putting Duke at the top of their rankings.

Bilas actually has Michigan State at #1.

gam7
11-09-2010, 01:48 PM
9) You will be rooting for Bernard James after reading http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2010/05/10/around-the-world-bernard-james-trades-iraq-for-florida-state-ba

This is a great story - the type of story that would merit DBR front page treatment (if it hasn't been featured already). I found this quote from his mom amusing: "God is awesome."

uh_no
11-09-2010, 01:50 PM

typical :P

timmy c
11-09-2010, 01:54 PM

typical :P

Jay has Duke #1 in his week one power ranking. Michigan St is two.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings/_/show/first

People will still call Jay biased after Duke beats Michigan ST. on December 1.

hurleyfor3
11-09-2010, 02:07 PM
We will lose a game, or narrowly win one, which will immediately lead to panic here on the EK board.

Duke of Nashville
11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Duke will have at least two highlights featured on ESPN Top Plays.

1. Kyrie splitting about three defenders and either an alley-oop to one of the Plumlee's or a nasty reverse lay-up.

2. One of the Plumlee's posterizing an alarmingly un-athletic team.

timmy c
11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Duke will have at least two highlights feature on ESPN Top Plays.

1. Kyrie splitting about three defenders and either an alley-oop to one of the Plumlee's or a nasty reverse lay-up.

2. One of the Plumlee's posterizing an alarmingly un-athletic team.

YES...

14) M Plumlee appears in the ESPN top ten while dunking on an alarmingly un-athletic guy announced by Doug Gottlieb.

mkline09
11-09-2010, 02:32 PM

1) Dick Vitale will use the words “Diaper Dandy” 1,349 times. This will be followed, in the next sentence, by the acronym “PTP” at least 42% of the time.
2) “If only we had Kanter”, will be uttered by every UK fan after early season losses. If/when he is ruled eligible, they will be quoted saying, “If only we had Cousins, Wall, etc.”
4) News & Observer will print the following headline: “UNC loses – Ole Roy not to blame”
5) Kyrie Irving will have a tough game and someone at DBR will go Chicken Little.

Regardless of records or who is won the N&O will always have UNC above the fold. Duke gets a sidebar or below the fold at best.

Duke of Nashville
11-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Regardless of records or who is won the N&O will always have UNC above the fold. Duke gets a sidebar or below the fold at best.

This one is more than on it way.

Charlotte Observer Headlines Post Midnight Madness:

UNC: Highly Touted Rookies Impressive
Duke: Season Hinging on a Freshman

flyingdutchdevil
11-09-2010, 02:47 PM

Great post. Agree with every one of them. My favorites in bold. I especially love 11), and will guarantee that happens something in November.

PADukeMom
11-09-2010, 02:54 PM
At least 2 status checks.

MChambers
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Mike Patrick will confuse MP1 and MP2 (and perhaps MP3) at least 10 times.

Kdogg
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM

What's this whispering you speak of?

pfrduke
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Mike Patrick will confuse MP1 and MP2 (and perhaps MP3) at least 10 times.

Let's be honest - we'll be lucky if he successfully calls each one "Plumlee" every time.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-09-2010, 04:27 PM
At least 2 status checks.
You got this right! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

NashvilleDevil
11-09-2010, 04:52 PM

14. After a loss or a close win someone on the boards will complain that x player does not get enough run or Coach K is not using his bench properly.

CameronBornAndBred
11-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Loved your post..just curious as to which year it will be?!:eek:

Jarhead
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM

What fold? It's too small to fold. http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/wizard.gif