PDA

View Full Version : depressed about my pitchfork count

moonpie23
11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
i am really bumming about my pitchfork count.....i used to feel good about myself and treat my clients better when i could see my post count....

what gives? i'm witty, I'm a homer....I'm good looking...

I just don't understand why i'm not getting any love on the new system......is my spelling? grammar? punctuation? CAPITALIZATION?

can we barter some pitchforks?

JasonEvans
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
i am really bumming about my pitchfork count.....i used to feel good about myself and treat my clients better when i could see my post count....

I just don't understand why i'm not getting any love on the new system......is my spelling? grammar? punctuation? CAPITALIZATION?

This feels like an appeal for pitchforks. I don't think it will work.

Bring it in a post! Say something really funny or, better yet, post something with a lot of interesting analysis in it. I got a lot of pitchfork points a while back for a long post on the possibility of various teams going unbeaten in college football.

I give out a lot of pitchfork points, but only do so for posts that really rise out of the ordinary.

-Jason "I have also found that finding a great link is another way to get pitchfork points" Evans

davekay1971
11-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm with Moonpie on this one. The obscure and nebulous pitchfork count tally doesn't give anywhere near the instant gratification for ADHD folks like me. I used to base my sense of self-worth on my post:infraction ratio...but now I have start dealing with a whole new algorithm that I don't fully understand. It's left me shaken and unsure.

Duke: A Dynasty
11-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Imagine how I feel.... Lol I will swap with you. I stay active and always post towards whatever the topic is at the time. I give great articles and links quit frequently but never any good feedback for it... I get penalized for typos a lot though because I am no English whiz. So do not be to bummed you still got some. O and you are one of my favorite posters!

I forgot who I discussed this with but I have said I like the pitchfork idea but it needs to be tweaked a little bit. Like only certain highly respected members and all mods should be the only one to give positive and negative feedback. Just my .02 cents though.

oldnavy
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM

Moonpie, you are at least a 3, maybe 4 pitchfork poster in my book. I was shocked that I actually got a bump to 3 pitchforks because I usually have nothing of substance to say, rarely witty, and have a face for internet message boards!

Lord Ash
11-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Moonpie, you are at least a 3, maybe 4 pitchfork poster in my book. I was shocked that I actually got a bump to 3 pitchforks because I usually have nothing of substance to say, rarely witty, and have a face for internet message boards!

It must be your avatar.

11-08-2010, 07:29 PM
It must be your avatar.

Lol yes the picture makes me smile everytime I see you post so that is worth an extra pitchfork IMHO. O and I agree that moonpie is more like a 4 pitchfork kind of guy. :cool:

DevilHorns
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM

Yah pretty sure I gave you some bonus points just for that avatar (... and you're welcome as I posted them on this site!... ) :cool:

OZZIE4DUKE
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM

I'd give you some lovin, Moonpie, but this, uh, system will only let me do ya so many times... http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/24.gif

Dr. Tina
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM

I'd give you a pitchfork (if I had any) just for the last part of your message! It amused me... :)

(Edited to say....I just noticed I have a pitchfork!....I'll share a tine with you if you want?) LOL!

JohnGalt
11-08-2010, 07:40 PM

I do find it interesting that you never seem to capitalize anything except HWNSNBM.

Interesting in a good way...as in amusing.

Let it go, my friend. Let it go...

CameronBornAndBred
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
will only let me do ya so many times... http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/24.gif
Say what? http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/icon_e_twitch.gif (http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=2792#)

SCMatt33
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I have to say that I don't see how this is a big deal at all. I know the users who are here a lot, and I know a thoughtful post when I see it, regardless of who wrote it. Personally, I feel that if you have a bunch, it means that you are probably more often in the majority opinion compared to those that don't (depending on how long you have been a member).

I tend to judge users not by the number of their pitchforks, but by the content of their character posts.

OldPhiKap
11-08-2010, 08:14 PM
"Every time a Carolina fan cries, a Devil gets a pitchfork."

-- It's A Wonderful Life (OPK edition)

11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I have to say that I don't see how this is a big deal at all. I know the users who are here a lot, and I know a thoughtful post when I see it, regardless of who wrote it. Personally, I feel that if you have a bunch, it means that you are probably more often in the majority opinion compared to those that don't (depending on how long you have been a member).

I tend to judge users not by the number of their pitchforks, but by the content of their character posts.

Yes that is how I think it should be but unfortunatly some people prefer the reputation system (which is most helpful when it comes to insider info). But the people I tend to have the most respect for on the board off the top of my head are: Airowe (Always reliable and says the right stuff)/ The Fake Jwill (Love his opinions because he does not always go with the majority)/ kong (like his info and his outsider pov)/ -jk (very sensible poster)/ and JasonEvans (is there a topic he doesn't post on? and love his insight as well)

allenmurray
11-08-2010, 08:22 PM

I don't like the pitchfork system. I've been asking to opt out, but they won't let me. I have a great solution - if DBR will give you my two pitchforks you'll have four (which you richly deserve) and I'll have none, which is what I want.

How about it mods - can I give my pitchforks to moonpie? It would make us both happy.

gumbomoop
11-08-2010, 08:26 PM

This inspirational aphorism is worth 2 pitchforks all by its lonesome: one for you, OPK, and one for moonpie23, your muse.

11-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't like the pitchfork system. I've been asking to opt out, but they won't let me. I have a great solution - if DBR will give you my two pitchforks you'll have four (which you richly deserve) and I'll have none, which is what I want.

How about it mods - can I give my pitchforks to moonpie? It would make us both happy.

Hmm you are soo generous. Did I ever tell you that you are my absolute favorite person ever! Yor are just an amazing human being and are underappreciated... ;)

Deslok
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
He's a 2 pitchfork poster caught between the devil and the deep blue 3...

OldPhiKap
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
moonpie23, your muse.

Does that mean I can get him to wash my car or something? I'm looking for tangible benefits, man!!

There are many great posters on this board -- that's why we all keep coming back. I think the pitchfork count thingy will work itself out once the season gets underway. It is still a work in progress, best as I can tell. So please, Allenmurray and others, don't stop posting because of it. ultimately, if it is a bad system, I imagine it will get dropped. But I can't fault the owners from trying new things.

SharkD
11-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Bring it in a post! Say something really funny or, better yet, post something with a lot of interesting analysis in it.

The funny thing is that posters seem to have no problem replying to my posts noting that they were funny or insightful, but they never garner any 'comments.'

If anything, it's dissuaded me from posting more often since the system was introduced.

Taco
11-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I thought this thread was a Lord Ash parody

Faustus
11-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Pitchforks? I don' need no stinkin' pitchorks...

Faustus
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Holy Cow, I've actually got one....

Um, carry on everyone... nothing to see here...

Lord Ash
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I thought this thread was a Lord Ash parody

Who says it isn't?

DukieInKansas
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM

Pay no attention to the Pitchforks below your name
--The Wizard of Oz (DinK edition) :D

gumbomoop
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Does that mean I can get him to wash my car or something? I'm looking for tangible benefits, man!!

The mods will have to decide the car wash thing. But IMO, a muse who inspires such a pitch[fork]-perfect witticism should not be trifled with. You got gold there.

OldPhiKap
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
The mods will have to decide the car wash thing. But IMO, a muse who inspires such a pitch[fork]-perfect witticism should not be trifled with. You got gold there.

$1,350 an oz and rising -- not a bad deal, I guess. Especially since we're talking bucks per troy ounce, and not mere avoirdupois ones. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.

Big hitter, the Moonpie. Unga Galunga.

11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
OMG I now have one pitchfork!!!! I started the week at negative like 67 and now its positive. Sweetness :cool:. I now feel like a true member of this site. Carry on my fellow pitchfork weilding people.

-jk
11-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Let's keep the discussion of comments and pitchforks in the introducing thread.

-jk