PDA

View Full Version : Former State player Gavin Grant in legal trouble

jimsumner
11-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Home invasion. Ouch.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8578555/

Gewebe14
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Is it really necessary to post a specific link to the picture of Gavin Grant in the courtroom in the middle of the ACC roundup? Come on.

Cameron
02-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Is it really necessary to post a specific link to the picture of Gavin Grant in the courtroom in the middle of the ACC roundup? Come on.

I think it adds to the whole story nicely. It paints a picture.

Let's be honest here, Gavin conducted a robbery home invasion by using a piece to threaten the execution of a group of human beings. Let's not make this out to be some sort of lost child gone wrong story. He's a sociopath.

GODUKEGO
02-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Anthony Grundy's and Gavin Grant's arrests supports the importance of athletes getting degrees. I do not know if either of them received their degrees but I'd be willing to bet that they did not. This is the sad results of these Universities using the players, not caring about them and the players all thinking that they will make the NBA. When we read articles like these, it has to make us that much prouder to be DUKE!!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/03/964765/former-ncsu-player-gets-fifth.html

Slackerb
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
^^Correction: He is accused.

I figured this place, of all places, would be cautious in declaring someone guilty before their trial...

I think it adds to the whole story nicely. It paints a picture.

Let's be honest here, Gavin conducted a robbery home invasion by using a piece to threaten the execution of a group of human beings. Let's not make this out to be some sort of lost child gone wrong story. He's a sociopath.

moonpie23
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
i'm not sure if getting the degree has anything to do with the character.....

didn't richard nixon have a duke degree?

Indoor66
02-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Anthony Grundy's and Gavin Grant's arrests supports the importance of athletes getting degrees. I do not know if either of them received their degrees but I'd be willing to bet that they did not. This is the sad results of these Universities using the players, not caring about them and the players all thinking that they will make the NBA. When we read articles like these, it has to make us that much prouder to be DUKE!!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/03/964765/former-ncsu-player-gets-fifth.html

I am not sure that this is fair. One can care about another all he wants but if the other does not make his effort, it does not matter. Failure to graduate says more about the person who did not graduate than the school.

Something about horses and water and all that.

GODUKEGO
02-03-2011, 09:50 AM
I am not sure that this is fair. One can care about another all he wants but if the other does not make his effort, it does not matter. Failure to graduate says more about the person who did not graduate than the school.

You are right, the student-athlete plays a huge part in their academic success. But I do not think that Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, Texas, Maryland and Baylor all equally put the same amount of attention on academics. I would be shocked if Maryland would self-impose a suspension on Jordan Williams like UVA did on Landersberg.

"Virginia announced moments ago that leading scorer Sylven Landesberg has been suspended for the remainder of the men's basketball season "for failure to live up to academic obligations."