PDA

View Full Version : Larry Drew's parking

m g
11-03-2010, 06:51 PM
regarding the front page article... Larry Drew is an idiot. I know UNC campus pretty well and that's a fire lane that he's parked in. there is a parking deck he could have used not 50 yards from there, too

Link for anyone who's confused -
http://plixi.com/p/54739579

CameronBornAndBred
11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Any chance they all have "RIP unc basketball" written on them?

airowe
11-03-2010, 07:01 PM
This may explain why a lot of his passes end up going to Ram's Club members sitting in the first three rows of the Dean Dome.

Either

1) This is his reimbursement to them for paying his parking tickets.
2) He literally can't see.

kong123
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
I think its sad that someone found this and thought it important enough to start a thread for it.

AlaskanAssassin
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Agreed. As much as I dislike UNC, I don't find this worthy of starting a thread. I mean, everyone makes mistakes of missing parking signs or whatnot-even though he shouldn't as he is a student there.

m g
11-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I think its sad that someone found this and thought it important enough to start a thread for it.

... forgive me for reading the front page of the site? i think it's perfectly reasonable to comment on

Newton_14
11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I am reopening the thread since it was on the front page and I missed that fact originally.

dukebluelemur
11-03-2010, 09:28 PM

Given that LD.2 posted it to the world, HE clearly thought it was important enough for everyone to be talking about....

ncexnyc
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
You're exactly right. This is the type of nonsense I would expect to see over at IC, with their grad school name calling.

slower
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM

And yet, important enough for you to whine about.

-jk
11-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Oh! Come and see the rivalry inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!

-jk

Duke: A Dynasty
11-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Im glad he posted it. I found it funny and it has therefore made my night much better.

Gewebe14
11-03-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm sure john blake or butch could show him what to do with those parking tickets

ScreechTDX1847
11-04-2010, 12:16 AM
First of all...I am no UNC fan and have no agenda to defend them in any way. Nonetheless, I feel the link on the home page about assumes a context about the tweet that no one can be sure of unless you were in the room.

I doubt that Ol' Roy actually villified the media to the extent that they are "out to get UNC" and the conversation more than likely went down that the media will make a story out of nothing so "watch what you say". I mean the US media will do that. I realize that the above is alos an assumption abpout the context but it seems more realistic. In any event, I feel the link comes off as completely fan biased.

Agree? Disagree? I hate UNC.

Love,

Screech

ScreechTDX1847
11-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Drew II. Sorry. I assume no one believes I am talking about Frarry Frew II, secret unkown 5 start walk-on.

ThePublisher
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Your probably right. But like you said, who knows. No matter what was said in that meeting, we know that he was told not to use tweet. Especially showing his disagreement with the rules of the meeting immediatly after the meeting. Haha. Funny stuff.

And this guy is supposed to direct unc back to their normal status? Somehow I think they are up for another let down. Not as bad as last year, but not the top ten ranking they have been unrightfully bestowed for two years in a row.

CameronBornAndBred
11-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Drew II. Sorry. I assume no one believes I am talking about Frarry Frew II, secret unkown 5 start walk-on.
Don't drink and post! :rolleyes: As ThePublisher pointed out...the irony is what makes the story, the reason for the meeting to me is irrelevant.

pfrduke
11-04-2010, 01:30 AM

Fixed! Although I will say, Frew II has a certain ring to it. ;)

oldnavy
11-04-2010, 07:35 AM
First of all...I am no UNC fan and have no agenda to defend them in any way. Nonetheless, I feel the link on the home page about assumes a context about the tweet that no one can be sure of unless you were in the room.

I doubt that Ol' Roy actually villified the media to the extent that they are "out to get UNC" and the conversation more than likely went down that the media will make a story out of nothing so "watch what you say". I mean the US media will do that. I realize that the above is alos an assumption abpout the context but it seems more realistic. In any event, I feel the link comes off as completely fan biased.

Agree? Disagree? I hate UNC.

Love,

Screech

So you don't think that Roy would say something as outrageous as that??? Really?

I think that he said that or something very much like it.

Come on, this is the man that complained to his MASSAGE THERAPIST that his losing season was on par with the thousands of deaths in Haiti and you find it hard to believe that he would say that the media is out to destroy their image?

whereinthehellami
11-04-2010, 08:13 AM
UNC as a sports instituition has some serious bad energy around them right now. They need a mulligan....but that ain't gonna happen. The pain is coming. And they brought all this on themselves. UNC, its time to man up and quit all the whining and spin.

thenameisbond
11-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Oh! Come and see the rivalry inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!

-jk

"Bloody peasant!"

4decadedukie
11-04-2010, 06:14 PM
None of this is really concerns parking, or fire lanes, or visual acuity, or basketball acumen. Rather, it is about unbridled arrogance, a flagrant sense of entitlement, and a feeling that as a UNC-CH basketball “star” rules that apply to ordinary undergraduates (and to others on the Chapel Hill campus) are simply unsuitable for LD-II. In essence, I’ll drive my mammoth black GMC SUV and park anywhere I darn well like. We wonder why some athletes (and other celebrities, whether wealthy, artistic, political, socialite, in the professions/business, or some other elite groups) flaunt laws, mores, traditions and regulations. It is because they believe they are “too special” for the limitations we “ordinary people” are constrained by to be relevant.

slower
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
None of this is about parking, or fire lanes, or visual acuity, or basketball acumen. Rather, it is about unbridled arrogance, a flagrant sense of entitlement, and a feeling that as a UNC-CH basketball “star” rules that apply to ordinary undergraduates (and to others on the Chapel Hill campus) are simply unsuitable for LD-II. In essence, I’ll drive my mammoth black GMC SUV and park anywhere I darn well like. We wonder why some athletes (and other celebrities, whether wealthy, artistic, political, socialite, in the profession/business, or in some other elite groups) flaunt laws, mores, traditions and regulations. It is because they believe they are “too special” for the limitations we “ordinary people” are constrained by to be relevant.

What's even more disturbing is that many of US (not the DBR "us", necessarily) think they deserve this special treatment.

jipops
11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Perhaps Larry will get some advice from Duane Simpkins (http://splc.org/news/report_detail.asp?id=153&edition=13)?

JasonEvans
11-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Did anyone consider that this might have been a prank pulled on LD II? He says the car was not parked very long in the spot (45 mins).

Plus, there is no way any car gets that many tickets put on it even if it was there for a couple days. They would simply tow it first. I suppose I could see two or three tickets being placed on the car -- at the most -- but after that the cops are either going to tow it or leave it alone.

--Jason "I don't think this was real. Does anyone?" Evans

SilkyJ
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
^ Oh I think its obviously a joke. I thought everyone assumed that. Of course you can't get 20 parking tickets in an hour! That's double jeopardy!

Or as Michael Scott would say:
"I ran down Meredith in my car."
"Was it on company property?"
"Yes. It was on Company property with company property, so double jeopardy. We’re fine."
"I don’t think you understand how jeopardy works."
"Oh right, I’m sorry. What is we’re fine?"