PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Politics! Chris Dudley Elected Governor

tecumseh
11-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Not to talk politics but Chris Dudley looks like he may be the next governor of Oregon. Was he the worst free throw shooter you have ever seen? He would get me vote. Never understood how a Yalie could be that awful he once went 0 for five on a single trip to the line and he holds the NBA record for missing 13 in a row.

Lord Ash
11-03-2010, 10:06 AM
As long as it isn't Jared Dudley I'm fine.

CEF1959
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
As of 10 am Pacific Time, it's close, and they are still counting the votes from heavily Democratic (70-30) Multnomah County. Dudley may lose by the whisker by which he missed all those free throws. http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Kitzhaber-chips-away-at-slim-Dudley-lead-in-Ore/jy-2jDQZBU-kc1SISKY_3A.cspx

juise
11-03-2010, 01:12 PM
As of 10 am Pacific Time, it's close, and they are still counting the votes from heavily Democratic (70-30) Multnomah County. Dudley may lose by the whisker by which he missed all those free throws.

That's a pretty generous description of Dudley's free throws. As a Multnomah County resident, I am watching this closely.

CEF1959
11-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Juise, sorry to hijack this thread, but you going to the Oregon-Duke game on 11/27? I got my tickets....

juise
11-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Juise, sorry to hijack this thread, but you going to the Oregon-Duke game on 11/27? I got my tickets....

I am planning to go, but am at the mercy of a newborn. My wife is a U of O alum, so it will be fun if we can make it. I need to get some tickets.

In other on-topic news, Dudley couldn't pull it out and his electoral success rate is now roughly equivalent to his FT percentage. It was a good try though.

MChambers
11-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Not to talk politics but Chris Dudley looks like he may be the next governor of Oregon. Was he the worst free throw shooter you have ever seen? He would get me vote. Never understood how a Yalie could be that awful he once went 0 for five on a single trip to the line and he holds the NBA record for missing 13 in a row.
Dudley was a terrible free throw shooter, shooting 45.8% from the line in his NBA career. Of course, that's better than John Henson did last year, at 43.8%.:)