PDA

View Full Version : Archie Goodwin? Seriously?

mgtr
10-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Because of the current interest in Kabongo, I started looking at the Rivals 150. And, for 2012 there is the 18th-ranked player, Archie Goodwin of Little Rock. He is a shooting guard, which makes sense, because I know that Archie was always armed. I looked in vain for Nero Wolfe, but then I realized I should probably look under football. I thought again, and decided maybe weightlifting, but only if he was listed as a weight! I don't think they have recruiting threads for lip-pursing, but Mr. Wolfe would be the number one recruit without question!

Sandman
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Mr. Wolfe would definitely be in the professional eating category- especially if fresh, sweet corn was on the menu! What a thoroughly entertaining series the Nero Wolfe mysteries by Rex Stout is. One of the literary treasures I discovered in my local library as a youth (although the librarian was not very sure such adult reading was appropriate for a child).

dukebluelemur
10-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, Archie would definitely have the trash talking part down...

As for wolfe... I can't imagine him involved in anything so crass as sports. I mean there's horrible diets, physical exertion, sweating... and worst of all, emotional women!

Jarhead
10-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I know that this thread started out on hoops recruiting, but I'll still mention a quarterback from Gardner-Edgerton High in Kansas. That would be Bubba Starling (http://www.blitzcorner.com/NCAA-FB/Bubba-Starling-Highlight-Video-for-2011-Prospect-36096), currently uncommitted. I got a chance to see him play last weekend when we visited in Kansas City, MO. He just had a visit to Nebraska which he seems to favor.

BD80
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, Archie would definitely have the trash talking part down...

As for wolfe... I can't imagine him involved in anything so crass as sports. I mean there's horrible diets, physical exertion, sweating... and worst of all, emotional women!

Only Coach K has to deal with sweatin' gary and ol' roy twice each year.