PDA

View Full Version : State gets guard

jimsumner
10-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Tyler Lewis commits.

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/1016190.html

Slackerb
10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Solid, solid pickup. He's a 4* PG ranked #9 PG in the class. Has amazing passing ability and decent shooter, but is only 5'10" currently. Highlight reel passing game that is already garnering youtube attention.

CameronBornAndBred
10-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Solid, solid pickup. He's a 4* PG ranked #9 PG in the class. Has amazing passing ability and decent shooter, but is only 5'10" currently. Highlight reel passing game that is already garnering youtube attention.
How tall was Monty Towe?
Like you said, solid pickup. I'm enjoying seeing the recruiting job the Wuffies are doing, longing to see them relevant again.

Newton_14
10-29-2010, 11:42 PM
How tall was Monty Towe?
Like you said, solid pickup. I'm enjoying seeing the recruiting job the Wuffies are doing, longing to see them relevant again.

I concur Chris. I really hope the Pack can become a top 25 type team and sustain that. Looks like this kid has some game, even though he is not the biggest guy around. Hopefully he can put on a few inches and gain some weight. Guard play has killed the Pack for quite some time now, so like you, I think this is a good pick up.

If memory serves, Monte Towe is all of 5'7. He was a fine player in his day on one of the all-time great ACC and NCAA teams. That run in 72/73 and 73/74 was incredible. I think they went something like 56-1 over those 2 years with the only loss being to UCLA early in the 73/74 season. They were undefeated in 72/73.

I feel it makes the ACC better when all 4 Big Four schools have good/great teams, providing of course that Duke is the better of the 4.:cool:

Gthoma2a
10-30-2010, 01:13 PM
This may sound bad, but even that guy's uniform look like he is from a by-gone era. I hope he is good though. I like State being good (I'd like for them to overtake UNC one day).

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-30-2010, 01:41 PM
This may sound bad, but even that guy's uniform look like he is from a by-gone era. I hope he is good though. I like State being good (I'd like for them to overtake UNC one day).
Not sure what team Tyler's playing on for this photo. Forsyth Country Day's colors are blue and white. They're known as the Furies. Their football and basketball programs are pretty solid. Rusty LaRue, former Wake Forest basketball player, was an integral part of the athletic department for a number of years before he returned to Wake recently as an assistant coach.