PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone answer this ipod question

brianl
10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi Everybody.

I'm hoping someone may have a solution to this. I have recently purchased one of the new Apple shuffles. I previously owned one of the 1st generation ones and this is the newest version that (besides the size) seems to be identical to this version.

Anyway, under the old version I was able to manipulate the play list to play in alphabetical order (by song title). I can not figure out how to do this on the new version. It will shuffle and play alphabetically by artist.

I'm running my first marathon on Sunday and trying to put a playlist together for the event.

Acymetric
10-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi Everybody.

I'm hoping someone may have a solution to this. I have recently purchased one of the new Apple shuffles. I previously owned one of the 1st generation ones and this is the newest version that (besides the size) seems to be identical to this version.

Anyway, under the old version I was able to manipulate the play list to play in alphabetical order (by song title). I can not figure out how to do this on the new version. It will shuffle and play alphabetically by artist.

I'm running my first marathon on Sunday and trying to put a playlist together for the event.

I'm not sure its possible...the only thing that might work is syncing a playlist that is in alphabetical order by song...it you select that playlist on the shuffle it might be in the same order.

If you don't know how to scroll through playlists on the new shuffle you press and hold the center button down. It might say the name of the current song (depending on your settings). Keep holiding it until it starts listing your playlists (either by name or by saying "playlist 1, playlist 2" etc. Press the center button again on the playlist you want.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

brianl
10-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks I'll try resorting my itunes play list page and see if this helps. Maybe I'll get lucky and my old one will charge and I can you that one. I'm taking both.

dukefriar
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Unrelated to your ipod question -
How did the marathon go?
I ran Marine Corps for the first time last year... Hope your run went well.

brianl
11-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Was injured back in Sept which limited the "long runs" but completed in 4:57. This is an absolutely fantastic event! Thanks for asking.

To share one observation:

At mile 6 I noticed a group of four running in full dress carrying backpacks. As I got closer I could see two of the group were carrying something that was laying across the top of the pack. I thought, something to simulate a weapon???

I then noticed a hand cyclist in front of them.

When I got up behind them, these two were carrying the prosthetic legs of the cyclist, who had apparently lost both legs in Iraq. It turns out these four served alongside the cyclist and were running with him.

What an example of friendship, devotion, and courage. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were flowing for a couple of miles afterward.

God Bless those who serve or served.

terps84
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks for sharing that marathon story. We can all get behind those guys. on a seperate issue I'm going to the Maryland game on 1/9 and am sitting in section 6 row k. Is that a good location? I'm from Seattle and I'm going to number 1 Oregon this weekend in Eugene and 60 days later at Cameron for #1 Duke against my Terps. Looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere at one of the great venues in sports. I'm a nice Md grad and love college sports at the highest level. I hope it's a good game. Peace

Was injured back in Sept which limited the "long runs" but completed in 4:57. This is an absolutely fantastic event! Thanks for asking.

To share one observation:

At mile 6 I noticed a group of four running in full dress carrying backpacks. As I got closer I could see two of the group were carrying something that was laying across the top of the pack. I thought, something to simulate a weapon???

I then noticed a hand cyclist in front of them.

When I got up behind them, these two were carrying the prosthetic legs of the cyclist, who had apparently lost both legs in Iraq. It turns out these four served alongside the cyclist and were running with him.

What an example of friendship, devotion, and courage. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were flowing for a couple of miles afterward.

God Bless those who serve or served.