PDA

View Full Version : Nolan receives UPS package with "RIP Duke BBall" on it

GODUKEGO
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I guess the jealousy and hatred will never stop but that is great. This just means we are the "ONE'S". The suspect is probably a UNC fan delivery driver and who had to deliver all those NCAA Championship tee shirts to Duke. All those deliveries could have resulted in a herniated disk.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/10/dukes-nolan-smith-receives-ups-package-with-rip-duke-bball-written-on-the-box/1

Poincaré
10-28-2010, 02:00 AM
This actually worries me. It could be construed as a death threat.

brevity
10-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Mods, please fix the thread title, which makes it sound like the package itself was suspicious. It was a normal box from Nordstrom with the words "RIP Duke BBall" written on it by some interloper.

This actually worries me. It could be construed as a death threat.

Judging from the picture Nolan Smith posted, it looks like the culprit originally misspelled "Duke."

THAT actually worries me.

CLW
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Just gave Nolan and the team some bulletin board material.

We should all thank the person responsible.

CharlestonDevil
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM

Do I smell a terrapin???

flyingdutchdevil
10-28-2010, 10:10 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing.

At least the message wasn't racist, homophobic, or threatening in any way. That would not have been good.

RIP Duke bball?

elvis14
10-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Haven't you guys heard? Duke Basketball is in a state of disarray! Coach K is spending his time coaching the national team, Wojo is a little man trying to coach bigs and Harrison Barnes is skyping his way to Crapel Hill. Our demise is immanent. I'm shocked any of us even bother reading DBR anymore, we should just sit around and talk about the good 'ol days and and realize that daggumit 'Ol Roy just has our number.

I agree that we should thank whoever did that for adding fuel to the fire! 9F

Reddevil
10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm sure the culprit just meant Repeat If Possible.

hurleyfor3
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm sure the culprit just meant Repeat If Possible.

Repeating Is Predestined?

Not as harmful as what Maryland fans did with JJ Redick's cell phone number, not yet at least. I doubt this is the first time something like this has happened.

Duvall
10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Do I smell a terrapin???

Unlikely. I see this as a Radio, Television and Motion Pictures degree getting put to good use by a UPS delivery grunt in Durham.

CLT Devil
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Geez, what kind of loser would do that? It's not funny, crude or even relevant. If we had a terrible year last year and no good players coming in then something like this might hit home a bit, but the person writing it obviously has little to no knowledge od BBall...if they did it might be more on target.

I don't see how this can be bulletin board material; with unknown origins who does Nolan direct his ire toward? The whole Duke Hater Nation? Again, shows what a moron whoever wrote it must be. What's Sean May up to these days? Working as a delivery driver perhaps?

Indoor66
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
What's Sean May up to these days? Working as a delivery driver perhaps?

Maybe Roy can hire May as a motivational speaker on the issue of physical fitness.

devilish
10-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Maybe Roy can hire May as a motivational speaker on the issue of physical fitness.
Made me think of Matt Foley:
Kinda looks like one of Roy's jackets.

cameroncrazy3104
10-28-2010, 11:00 PM
It figures a unc grad is driving a ups truck......

ElSid
10-28-2010, 11:21 PM
It figures a unc grad is driving a ups truck......

Now you be nice. UPS is a totally respectable company.

SharkD
10-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Haven't you guys heard? Duke Basketball is in a state of disarray! Coach K is spending his time coaching the national team, Wojo is a little man trying to coach bigs and Harrison Barnes is skyping his way to Crapel Hill. Our demise is immanent. I'm shocked any of us even bother reading DBR anymore, we should just sit around and talk about the good 'ol days and and realize that daggumit 'Ol Roy just has our number.

Not only that, but observers claim that Roy, an ardent disciple of the dark arts, is definitely working his magic and has something up his sleeve...

(A banana, perhaps?)