PDA

View Full Version : If she weighs the same as a duck...

Mudge
10-24-2010, 12:32 PM
In a similarly astute vein of logic (from Dana O'Neil's ESPN.com article on college basketball cheating, this summer):

So why, then, do most people think college basketball is like the Wild Wild West, full of outlaws and renegades?

Backstabbing.

"Here's what I think happens a lot -- a team loses a kid to someone else and all of a sudden that someone else is cheating. Every time North Carolina loses a kid, someone else is cheating. It's like there's so much arrogance with them; they can't believe someone would rather go somewhere else, so the other team has to be cheating.''

OldPhiKap
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Christine O'Donnell.

Slamming the Heels? Two-fer.

BD80
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
In a similarly astute vein of logic (from Dana O'Neil's ESPN.com article on college basketball cheating, this summer):

So why, then, do most people think college basketball is like the Wild Wild West, full of outlaws and renegades?

Backstabbing.

"Here's what I think happens a lot -- a team loses a kid to someone else and all of a sudden that someone else is cheating. Every time North Carolina loses a kid, someone else is cheating. It's like there's so much arrogance with them; they can't believe someone would rather go somewhere else, so the other team has to be cheating.''

IIRC, Kng Arthur was correct, she weighed the same as a duck and she was a witch.

I submit to you Ms. O'Neil's logic is similarly unassailable, res ipsa loquitor, if she concludes that carolina fans are arrogant, she is correct.

Scorp4me
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
You have to know those things when you're king.

bluepenguin
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
You have to know those things when you're king.
Who elected you king?

JasonEvans
10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Who elected you king?

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

-Jason "if I went around saying I was a Moderator, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away" Evans

BD80
10-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

-Jason "if I went around saying I was a Moderator, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away" Evans

You are sooooooo into the PPB arena ...

or my name isn't John the Baptist.

monkey
10-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Help! Help! I'm being moderated....

oldnavy
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Who elected you king?

I didn't vote for him to be King!

juise
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
In case anyone is interested in reading the references O'Neil article or the conversation that was had here about the article, here's a link (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?21841-What-s-wrong-with-college-basketball&highlight=cheating).

rsvman
10-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Help! Help! I'm being moderated....

Come see the repression inherent in the system!

snowdenscold
10-26-2010, 12:27 AM

Now did you know that verbatim, or did you have to look it up? Because being the huge nerd that I am, I have that entire scene memorized.

It went over my head as a kid, and grew to be my favorite scene in the movie as I got older and understood what was going on.

JasonEvans
10-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Now did you know that verbatim, or did you have to look it up? Because being the huge nerd that I am, I have that entire scene memorized.

It went over my head as a kid, and grew to be my favorite scene in the movie as I got older and understood what was going on.

I had to look up "bint." The rest of it I knew by heart.

-Jason "my favorite color is red... no blue!" Evans

BD80
10-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I had to look up "bint." ...

That's no ordinary rabbit!

http://www.screwuhippie.com/cody/Pics/pancake-bunny.jpg

OldPhiKap
10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
I had to look up "bint." The rest of it I knew by heart.

-Jason "my favorite color is red... no blue!" Evans

(blue, no yell oo o oo o w w w w w w w )

HaveFunExpectToWin
10-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Well, I could stay a bit longer.

dukefanSD
10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
If the recruits get turned into newts and they get better, is it still cheating?:confused:

Mudge
10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Now we see the cheating inherent in the system!

snowdenscold
10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I guess the Black Knight is the evil twin of Bledsoe's algebra teacher:

NONE SHALL PASS!