PDA

View Full Version : Open Practice??

bleedingblue
10-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Has anyone heard when there will be an open practice this year, I know its always around this time every year.Go Duke

dukebsbll14
10-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Good question. Last open practice i went to was in 05-06 and it was on the Friday beginning Parents weekend. Not sure if that was just a one time deal and just happened to happen then that year or if they always do that. I'll keep my eye out for it since its parents weekend and haven't heard anything about it yet...

Devil's Advocate
10-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Good question. Last open practice i went to was in 05-06 and it was on the Friday beginning Parents weekend. Not sure if that was just a one time deal and just happened to happen then that year or if they always do that. I'll keep my eye out for it since its parents weekend and haven't heard anything about it yet...

Any further update here? The BDR board is my best source of info.

Newton_14
10-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Last year it was the Friday afternoon of Parents Weekend, which also coincided with the Prince Harry Official Visit. I don't recall the date specifically, but I believe the very next day was the Maryland football game (In a torrential downpour) followed by an exhibition basketball game that night.

I think they held another open practice a couple of weeks after that but don't hold me to that.

ACCBBallFan
10-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Should get some first hand reports from people who attend this:

06/27/2010
-Duke Sports Information

The 2010 Men's Basketball Coaches Clinic, featuring Coach K and the Duke Team, will be held on October 30. Observe the 2010-2011 Duke Basketball Team from a comprehensive and unique insider's perspective...
* Interact with Coach K and his Coaching Staff
* Designed for Coaches on All Levels
* Detailed Practice Plans

Devil's Advocate
10-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Should get some first hand reports from people who attend this:

06/27/2010
-Duke Sports Information

The 2010 Men's Basketball Coaches Clinic, featuring Coach K and the Duke Team, will be held on October 30. Observe the 2010-2011 Duke Basketball Team from a comprehensive and unique insider's perspective...
* Interact with Coach K and his Coaching Staff
* Designed for Coaches on All Levels
* Detailed Practice Plans

Also, I think this was recently plugged somewhere on DBR, but if you have some disposable income and want to support the Emily K center:o, there is an opportunity to observe practice and more on November 10th.

You can find more info. here:
http://www.emilyk.org/worxcms_published/headlines_page167.shtml

DevilWearsPrada
10-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Great way to see the team practice. What time is that on Oct 30th?

Anyone going to the Emily K Benefit?

dcar1985
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Here's some notes on a practice held open to the media yesterday http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/duke-focuses-on-defense hopefully Dre and Seth push each other all year to get the best out of one another

proelitedota
10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Singler was 220 at the start of last season?