PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please

PADukeMom
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I know this may be considered Off Topic but it is about basketball so(sorry MODS)

I need suggestions as to which jersey I should order for my son. I realized every Christmas I bought him a jersey DUKE won the NC. We have this thing were you can't wear anything that is new once ACC games start so I need to get this ordered ASAP.

You have no idea the look of terror that crossed my face when my youngest son gave me a JJ jersey the day of the championship as a "thank you" gift for getting him through college. I hate to say this but I made him take it to his girlfriends house & I blessed my house with holy water.
'91 Hurley
'92 Christian
'01 Battier
'10 Hurley (he was 10 in '91)

I was thinking Grant, Trajan or Jason(never Jay) or should I start fresh with Kyrie?

sagegrouse
10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I know this may be considered Off Topic but it is about basketball so(sorry MODS)

I need suggestions as to which jersey I should order for my son. I realized every Christmas I bought him a jersey DUKE won the NC. We have this thing were you can't wear anything that is new once ACC games start so I need to get this ordered ASAP.

You have no idea the look of terror that crossed my face when my youngest son gave me a JJ jersey the day of the championship as a "thank you" gift for getting him through college. I hate to say this but I made him take it to his girlfriends house & I blessed my house with holy water.
'91 Hurley
'92 Christian
'01 Battier
'10 Hurley (he was 10 in '91)

I was thinking Grant, Trajan or Jason(never Jay) or should I start fresh with Kyrie?

I have a two-part response in the form of questions:

1. Are these jerseys replicas of the actual player jerseys with their numbers on them, or would the jerseys have 1991, 1992, etc.? Sorry to be thick.

2. Would you come sprinkle my house with holy water prior to the hoops season? It's a long way from Pa but the views are great.

sagegrouse

Starter
10-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Get him Battier. Shane was everywhere back then, but as time goes on, I think he's become criminally underrated.

Reddevil
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Grant would be a great addition, and go ahead and smack him on the butt when you give it to him!

wilko
10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd go old school.
The Duke #32 that 1st meaningful to me.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1986/0317_large.jpg

This way, with the Laettner jersey you already have, the set is complete.. or an I forgetting another memorable 32?